LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preparation makes better......  (Read 34540 times)

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Preparation makes better......
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 10:37:28 PM »
In addition to sufficient planning and rehearsal, IMO any group should have a core of riffs and songs learned well enough that they could be played at a moment's notice.

Preparing for the unexpected...that group you see 'jamming' may have it all worked out in advance...

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 05:32:27 AM »
In addition to sufficient planning and rehearsal, IMO any group should have a core of riffs and songs learned well enough that they could be played at a moment's notice.

Preparing for the unexpected...that group you see 'jamming' may have it all worked out in advance...

?/?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline melodic_keyz

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »
Amen! To that...we have to be prepared...just as the Pastor must prepare a sermon...just  because it is prepared doesnt mean that the spirit is not there. What would we say if our Pastors, Ministers, Evangelists, and Sunday School teachers just got up on Sunday morning and said whatever came to their head? Is the spirit in that? The Saints need to realize that SPONTANEOUS doesnt equal SPIRIT!

I agree!!

Offline sisterbrenda

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 04:06:42 PM »
This is great advice. I am over the P & W ministry at my very small church (about 40 members) (3 on P & W team) we rehearse from 7:30 - 9:30 on Sunday mornings that way everything is fresh. Can you provide the names of a couple of the planning websites?

blyempowered

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »
This is great advice. I am over the P & W ministry at my very small church (about 40 members) (3 on P & W team) we rehearse from 7:30 - 9:30 on Sunday mornings that way everything is fresh. Can you provide the names of a couple of the planning websites?

I don't know any "planning" websites but just want to say that I love your screenname. That's my mom's name! :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up