LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need prayer  (Read 3134 times)

Offline JazzySaxE

• LGM Member

I need prayer
« on: July 09, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »
Hey fam... Idk what's going on with me... everything I loved to do, play basketball... workout... the passion is gone ... and I am quickly losing all of my close friends cuz of work... i don't feel close to God anymore either... because I call for him but it's like he doesn't hear me... it feels like I have worned out my welcome matt here... I don't have the strenght to read the Bible or pray... I've tried everything I can to make me happy, it's not working. Everything seems boring, EVERYTHING! I have changed personality wise, it's like i'm frowing when I used to always be upbeat and have a smile... it just feels like there's a huge burden on me! I want to be happy and I want God to be here, I have closed my heart for everything! I can't open up to anything and this needs to change.
Terrible thoughts cross my mind, I love peopleand I want to be social, I NEED to be social at the place I work, but I jjust have a bad vibe and it's killing me!
Please pray for me, any advice is appreciated!
Thank you fam!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

Re: I need prayer
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »
I have been there.  You've got to fight it and keep talking to God.  Don't just ask for Him to do something for you the while time.  Be aware and realize the blessings you still have even during this time because things may be tight on you right now, but you have to realize that somebody somewhere is worse off than you and they're still praising God through it all.  I've come to learn that the true test of life is not about how great things can be, but how you handle the adversity. Also we sometimes don't really appreciate the good times and give thanks until we see the opposite side of it all.  We then have to be shown a few things.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »
You know, I think at point of our lives we have all been there. BFBT provided great advice for you, but all I can just add is don't give up. It's so easy to let all those distractions and excuses get in the way of you studying the Bible, going to church, ect., but you've just got be strong. What I've found out time and time again is though you may ask God for something and it doesn't come or that answer isn't there when you expect it to be, we loose faith and do our own thing. You've got to be faithful, patient and hang on in there (I know it's so cliche, but it's true) and He will come through, many time in ways don't even expect. Don't loose faith in yourself and in God, and know that those of us here at LGM will be lifting you up in prayer. I pray that you will get through this.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »
Man, I've been there b4. Sounds like u may even be fighting against a place where the Lord want to take you. Whatever u do, don't stop going to church, don't stop reading your Bible, don't stop praying.

Praying for ya man.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »
You are in my prayers.

Offline godsbassman2000

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 07:37:11 PM »
I've been there also, and it was ROUGH! Like you I asked for prayer, because sometimes I just could not pray. God seemed so far away, and life felt meaningless. It's a tough space to be in.  But God......... is able to see you through.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other and in time "this too shall pass".

May the Peace of Christ comfort and keep you!
"You can't glorify God and yourself at the same time"

Offline pastor rob

• LGM Member
  • God is still good!

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »
praying for you.
In Him,

Pastor Rob

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 12:23:38 AM »
I'm definately going to be praying for you.  I can relate to what you're going through because I'm dealing with that myself.  Just take things a day at a time.  Make sure you thank God for the small victories.  It will pass but you got to hang in there.
Note to self: follow your own advice.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 01:31:54 AM »
With limited information, I can only pull out of it what I see.  Having once been in a position where I worked 10-12 hour days consistently, I know the effect it can have on your social life, your energy level, your pursuit of the things of God, etc.  I made a decision to stop that and regain some semblance of "normalcy" work-wise.  The result was everything else changed too- for the better.

With that, I ask:  Have you considered a career change? 

If that's not the root of your problem, I pray that you find what the root is so that you can irradicate it.  God bless.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 05:37:51 AM »
Man, I've been there b4. Sounds like u may even be fighting against a place where the Lord want to take you. Whatever u do, don't stop going to church, don't stop reading your Bible, don't stop praying.

Praying for ya man.

I second that.

PianoWiz...
Pages: [1]   Go Up