LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ephesians 5:18  (Read 4788 times)

JoyCH

Ephesians 5:18
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 05:14:19 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong. Just like the other post you said what is living HOLY? I do not know if you were trying to be funny or if you were trying to challenge what we were saying. But if you do not know what living Holy is then maybe it is apparent that you are not living it, I am just basing this off of the question you asked

You are right, you stand to be corrected!  :?   Who are you, you don't have a heaven or a hell to put anyone in! And you are the one who has been going back and forth on several forum attacking others as to what "holiness" is? You can't measure someone else's annointing or make a judgement call as to who is living what? Only God can read the heart.

You are the one who was agreeing back and forth with Preacherman who admitted to his lifestyle - which shows where your decernment  is? And I have more respect and love for him for being honest. We are all a work in progress. No one on this God's green earth has no blemishes. Unless, you are insisting that you are perfect? So perfect that you don't need God's unmeasureable abundant grace?  :?

So if you want to attack, be prepared for a response. Enough is enough. There are too many unsaved people on this site who knows this is ridiculous. So called saved folk trying to judge who is holy or not. What about thanking God they are saved. The gospel isn't for those who know it, its for the unsaved. Tell them how Jesus saves, no matter what your lifestyle, no matter what you've done. The peace and joy you can experience living for Him. That what we should be doing.

Joy

HammerRock

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2005, 05:36:43 PM »
keyboardgirl, I guess I am in good company....

John 8:49-50

49“I am not possessed by a demon,” said Jesus, “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge.

I asked you serious questions to better understand your position, and yet you will not answer me.

Why are you afraid to define what you believe is living Holy? Why are you afraid to tell me where your righteousness comes from?

I clearly told you that mine comes from God.

preach25

whoa!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2005, 12:00:33 AM »
wow!, what do u mean the gospel isn't 4 those who know it??? the word of God is 4 all saved and unsaved. it is our guide 2 know the path/life we should live as being "born again" believers.  Yes, God does look at the heart, but only concerning salvation, For the word declares "many shall say they love me, but their heart is far from me. " come on guys lets be real 4 a moment....u all know what it means 2 live holy, so stop playing ignorant, the bible clearly defines Holines.  being holy invloves how we act outside of the church walls.  do we cheat/lie on our taxes, do we indulge in dirty conversations, do we lie on our co-workers, do we keep confusion going, do we fornicate, do we watch un-holy movies, is our conversation holy, do we tell dirty jokes and laugh at them, etc.... the bible instructs us to put off the deeds and thoughts of the old man as we strive to perfect holiness.  just as keyboardgirl explained, "u can't live like u wanna all we long" then come 2 church and profess u're self as being holy. regardless of how many people want 2 argue/debate the word, God has standards and there is nothing u nor I could say 2 make God change his mind, thats why he told us 2 change ours. Flesh Is A Mess! it is Gods grace that saves us, but if we don't have a lifestyle pleasing 2 him, its all in vain. this is the reason why so many believers backslide. they weren't fully ready 2 let go the things of this world, they wanna serve God and the world, but "No man can serve 2 masters.(St. Luke16:13 & St.Matt. 6:24)  Joy the book of Malachi 3:18 tells the believer 2 discern between the saved & unsaved. i don't see where u found keyboard girl as being judgemental, 2 me all she did was make a statement or give her personal opinion if u will.  another point i want 2 make is this.... If she's being judgemental according 2 u, what do u call u're pastor who brings u the word every week if he preaches against something???? we are all supposed 2 be disciples of God, which simply means a follower. now correct me if i'm wrong, but the last time i checked a follower of Christ would do things/live just as Christ lived. so there again is u're holiness answer.  the bible tells us that judgement must 1st begin at the house of God(I Peter 4:17)  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:

Offline drummerboy25

• LGM Member

eph5:18
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2005, 12:12:56 AM »
WOW! well spoken preach25, especially that part about the pastor. i had 2 stop & think 4 a minute on that 1 myself. lol

however, on another note...... we as believers must know that every1 is not going 2 agree with what we say. unfortunately, even if u give them the word (scriptures) they still won't agree with u saved or unsaved alike. everybody is going 2 have their own interpretation of the word and no matter what u say if people don't receive how God teaches us we must live Holy on this earth because we are his examples 2 the world that u don't have 2 live how u're living there is a better way of life, leave them alone! i found out a long time ago there is a huge religious explosion just as the Bible said it would be, and people are going 2 do what they wanna do, say what they wanna say, live how they wanna live, and act how they wanna act yet still profess they know God and r saved.  Sadly i have bad news 4 those kinds of folks....the minute Flesh/Self took over Jesus left!
be blessed. :wink:

Offline keyboardgirl

• LGM Member
    • http://

Thanks
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2005, 07:19:13 AM »
I really appreciate it preach25 I honeslty did not feel I was being judgemental as you said I stated my opinion.  In stating my opinion I was not trying to judge anyone.  All I can say is I am not going to argue with anyone.

preach25

argue
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 03:59:42 PM »
amen keyboardgirl. u shouldn't argue the word with any1.  if they don't receive the true word of God thats there business.  but please note we as believers can not force living a holy lifestyle pleasing 2 God on any1 because if its not in a person's heart 2 do what they know is right, u'll just be waisting u're time.  like drummerboy25 said, "every1 is not going 2 agree with u always". many so called christians have their own beliefs and interpretations of the Bible.  this is evident by the world we live in 2day because many people only take out scriptures thats beneficial 2 them, but they skip over the other parts.  i think drummerboy25 also said in a previous post, u can't just read the NT without reading the OT as well. everything in the Bible is said 4 a reason and instructions were given 4 a reason.  the Bible teaches us that we should study 2 show our selfs approved.  all u can do is put the word out and note that there will be naysayers who give the wrong interpretation of certain scriptures, so u must know God's holy word 4 u're self otherwise u will be deceived.   also remember that every1 on this site though musicians are not saved and holyghost filled, so they will attack u. but again, DO NOT ARGUE with them, thats all the devil wants 2 happen, so the unsaved can sit back and say look at them always arguing but yet they talk about living holy.  isn't it funny how the unsaved know the word, but yet they don't want 2 live it. lol  :D

Offline Preachahman

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 04:08:36 PM »
WOW!! PTL LGM saints! WE are stepping up on this forum, we must live holy as God directs us to do so!  

Im glad to read the posts!

HammerRock

Re: whoa!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »
preach25, thank you for taking the time to explain what holiness means to you. I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm for the Lord! What follows is how I would view and define holiness. I write it in love. Please don't take it as an attack. (I love you guys too much for that!)

Quote from: preach25
the word of God is 4 all saved and unsaved. it is our guide 2 know the path/life we should live as being "born again" believers.

John 16:12-15
12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:23-26
23Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
   25“All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 3:5-8
5Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Galations 5:16-26
 16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
   19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
   22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and selfcontrol. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

I believe the Holy Spirit guides and teaches me on this path that I have chosen. What kind of message would I send if I gave people a list of do's and don'ts and instructed them that they need to follow them in order to be saved and have a relationship with the Lord? Shouldn't I instead be instructing them on how they can have a relationship with the Lord? Jesus taught His disciples how to pray. That sounds like a good place to start!  :D

I said that I beleive Jesus to be my holiness, righteousness, and redemption. My confidence in life comes from knowing who He is and who I am in Him. He is my righteousness, my redemption, and my holiness. Because I choose not to follow (or listen to) man's rules, it doesn't mean I am the worst sinner in the world.

Putting on Christ and walking in Him frees me from worrying about crossing the T's and dotting the I's. I am free to follow wherever the Spirit of God leads me. I am free to spend my time becoming who He created me to be because I already am who He created me to be.

To some this is doublespeak. To me this is Truth. It's like I just won the Superbowl, but my championship lasts a lifetime! Think of it! I need to learn to walk as a champion because I am already am a champion!

The 'prize' is mentioned 4 times in the new testament. The first word that popped into your head when you heard this is what you beleive the 'prize' to be. You may beleive and have been taught that the prize is eternal life or salvation, but I beleive I already have salvation. The second chapter of Colossians gives a better understanding of the prize. Follow this link:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?search=Colossians%202;&version=31;

I wish I had more time to respond, but my kids want to spend some time with me now. God bless! Talk to you soon.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up