LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Gospel Bass DVD Almost Here!!!  (Read 10420 times)

Offline wolldav

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

Re: New Gospel Bass DVD Almost Here!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2009, 07:54:08 AM »
For those living in Europe (England) i suggest you purchase a digital download.  Reason: The dvd cost $39.99 plus $30.00  (express shipping 5 - 7 days), plus $31.08 to clear customs Total $101.07...

dw

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2009, 08:39:31 AM »
quote author=wolldav link=topic=67776.msg705276#msg705276 date=1248699248]
For those living in Europe (England) i suggest you purchase a digital download.  Reason: The dvd cost $39.99 plus $30.00  (express shipping 5 - 7 days), plus $31.08 to clear customs Total $101.07...

dw
[/quote]

Thank God for being in the military!  I don't care how good the DVD is I can't see myself paying $100+ for it![
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline wolldav

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
I hear ya.....the digital download came available a couple of days after i made the purchase. And i just found out about the customs charge today, as they just called me to say there's a $31.08 fee to clear it.  Trust me, i'm guted.  I get cd's and dvd's from the states all the time but this time i don't know why so expensive...

Offline GospelMusicians

• LGM Member
  • President/Owner of GospelMusicians.com
    • Gospel Musicians - Making Musicians Into Ministers

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2009, 10:33:27 AM »

This is not altogether true. wolldav chose the most expensive shipping to be able to receive his DVD next day (2-3). There is a much less expensive way of shipping which is USPS Priority.

Second, we ship to hundreds of international customers a month and our packages are marked educational. There are rare cases when the person handling the package just charges customs fees without paying attention to the fact that the package is educational. So you would have to call them and remind them that the package is educational. In most cases they take off the fees.
Making Musicians Into Ministers....

Offline wolldav

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2009, 02:51:11 AM »
Jamal, i'm just letting you know about my experience with purchasing this dvd and therefore informing folks in the UK so they won't run into this same issue.  I'm not saying not to buy the dvd, i'm saying its better to do a digital download.  As for paying for the most expensive shipping, who would want to pay for the lesser amount and wait a month or more for a purchase? The next day (2-3)service actually got to me 7 days after purchase.  Furthermore i have been looking at the invoice and no where can i find anything that says educational on it.  I've even asked my wife to take a look at it just in case i over read it and she couldn't find it either.  To end this convo, Thanks for the DVD.

dw

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »
I just received mine today. Now I hope to pick up a trick or two and pretend I know something when I go to my local GC.   ;D
Phillippians 1:6

Offline faNToMp6aYa

• LGM Member

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32:57 AM »
i ordered the digital version.  this is a really cool video.  i'm a keyboard player but i'm aspiring to be a bass player as well.  its really cool how this dvd is set up.  Jamal asks a lot of the questions that i would ask Ivan if i was in room.

also, for those thinking that this video is only for bass, think again.  Jamal is using some rediculas chords on here (omgoodness)...  u gotta check out the midi files to really understand what he's doing.

later.

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2009, 03:26:26 PM »
My DVD is here!!! 

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2009, 11:49:52 AM »
Question:  Is my DVD the only one that cuts out in between CH.6 and CH.7?

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
mine did also!!!

between the shout music and quartet stuff!!!  I thought mine was just skipping.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2009, 05:16:12 PM »
Same here...  >:(

Ch5 doesn't complete and ch6 crashes my DVD player.

And I gotta say I am disappointed in this experience.  Jamal himself says on the DVD that this (DVD) was promised about two years ago...  When you finally come out with the product there is simply no excuse for bad quality control.

I'll just wait to see what mitigation, if any, will be offered by the vendor.  If not, well, I'm a slow learner, but I do learn at the end.

Blessings,
Asahel

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »
Question:  Is my DVD the only one that cuts out in between CH.6 and CH.7?

Mine too...I keep playing ch.6 over and over again thinking it would catch and play through. it just cut off and went to ch.7.
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline Dwalk

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 08:11:46 AM »
Same thing with mine. The quartet part was really the most informative for me but then it got cut short. Still I enjoyed what was there, but I expected the DVD not to have any glitches for the price that was paid.

Offline GospelMusicians

• LGM Member

Different DVD Encoding!
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2009, 09:18:43 AM »
We definitely test all of our DVDs before they go out. They played fine in our DVD players, but some people have experienced this glitch. We had our guys check it out and re-encode the DVD. Sorry about this guys, but it is very hard to make an encode that works on 100% of all DVD players.

It is very interesting that people just give up and don't even write support. Out of the few people that have had issues, no one has written support@gospelmusicians.com. We would be gladly sending you an E-mail with the download of the chapters you were missing. We have the chapter 6 download ready for you.

Just send an E-mail to Support@gospelmusicians.com and say which chapter you missed out on and we can easily send you a download of the chapter. It's not the same as having it on the DVD, but at least you get all of the lessons. And when we get the re-encoded new DVD, we will send that DVD to you free of charge! Really simple!

As far as the length of the DVD. The DVD is 2:45, which is almost 3-hours. We tried to pack as much in the first one, but if you've ever done a DVD before, 3-hours of footage is almost 8-hours of studio time. Most of the DVDs on the market you would get a Sam Sam Ash are 2-hours tops. Plus, we got to leave room for Volume 2  ;D

Just E-mail support so we can verify your order and we will send you the download of the lessons you missed and we will also ship you a new DVD master after we re-encode it.

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2009, 09:30:46 AM »
>>Just send an E-mail to Support@gospelmusicians.com and say which chapter you missed out on and we can easily send you a download of the chapter. It's not the same as having it on the DVD, but at least you get all of the lessons. And when we get the re-encoded new DVD, we will send that DVD to you free of charge! Really simple!<<

Thanks Jamal!  I believe this is acceptable mitigation for the issue discussed here.  I am going to contact support as you suggest, and I will be looking forward to the re-encoded DVD (any ETA on that?).

As for giving up, well, I don't know about you, but my minority experience has taught me that I don't always get the chance to make a second impression... sometimes I don't even get the chance to make a first impression!  But I thank you for helping me realize that I still need to work on that (not giving up).

Blessings

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2009, 09:37:21 AM »
>>Just send an E-mail to Support@gospelmusicians.com<<

Email sent per instructions.

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »
We definitely test all of our DVDs before they go out. They played fine in our DVD players, but some people have experienced this glitch. We had our guys check it out and re-encode the DVD. Sorry about this guys, but it is very hard to make an encode that works on 100% of all DVD players.

It is very interesting that people just give up and don't even write support. Out of the few people that have had issues, no one has written support@gospelmusicians.com. We would be gladly sending you an E-mail with the download of the chapters you were missing. We have the chapter 6 download ready for you.

Just send an E-mail to Support@gospelmusicians.com and say which chapter you missed out on and we can easily send you a download of the chapter. It's not the same as having it on the DVD, but at least you get all of the lessons. And when we get the re-encoded new DVD, we will send that DVD to you free of charge! Really simple!

As far as the length of the DVD. The DVD is 2:45, which is almost 3-hours. We tried to pack as much in the first one, but if you've ever done a DVD before, 3-hours of footage is almost 8-hours of studio time. Most of the DVDs on the market you would get a Sam Sam Ash are 2-hours tops. Plus, we got to leave room for Volume 2  ;D

Just E-mail support so we can verify your order and we will send you the download of the lessons you missed and we will also ship you a new DVD master after we re-encode it.

Sir,

I apologize is my question offended anyone with GospelMusicians.  I was just curious to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem I had. 

The overall product was outstanding...no complaint from me!

Offline GospelMusicians

• LGM Member

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »
No offense taken! You paid for a DVD that you expected all the lessons! It's my job to deliver. Being in this ministry/business you learn not to get too offended...haha! The good thing is that Chapter 6 works on most of other customer's DVD players. We must have caught a bad encoding. It happens sometime. Computers and technology are not perfect.

We will gladly give you the download of the #6.

Sir,

I apologize is my question offended anyone with GospelMusicians.  I was just curious to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problem I had. 

The overall product was outstanding...no complaint from me!

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »
So........When does volume 2 come out.  I havent gotten volume one yet. My pockets are kinda tight right now but, depending on how long the wait for volume two will be i may try to buy both at once.
you got to hear numbers

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2009, 01:56:20 PM »
Already...

It's easy for me to just sit here and blast Jamal and the GospelMusician folks for a customer service issue.  But because of my nature, I just had to stir the pot a little bit and see how they would respond.

So, here are my findings:
1) A response was posted on this forum at 09:18:43 AM, first time on the morning on the first business day of the week.
2) Acceptable resolution was offered in the form of an immediate electronic download and the offer of a re-encoded DVD at no charge whatsoever to the customer once the DVD is ready.
3) Even though Jamal posts on this forum, users where educated about the fastest way to deal with any problems (real or perceived), which is to send email to Support@gospelmusicians.com.  It is understandable that they (GospelMusicians) need to validate that you are a real customer of their products.
4) I sent an email and received an initial response from them within 10 minutes.
5) I mistakenly had stated that Ch 5 on my DVD was faulty.  It was fine.  The problem was with Ch 6.  GospelMusicians quickly prepared an electronic download (which I am getting right now as I type this).
6) I had reported that the chapter after the "Shouting" chapter didn't play at all on my main computer's DVD.  Jamal stated on his initial response that "it is very hard to make an encode that works on 100% of all DVD players".  I decided to try the DVD on my laptop and found out that Ch 7, Quartet plays fine there.  This confirms Jamal's words and hints to the fact that not all DVD players are manufactured to the same DVD standards.
7) GospelMusicians' support was very courteous and gracious in their dealings with me.

To me, a product is not just what you physically received (the DVD) but also the support process behind the deliverable, and in this regard GospelMusicians has proven that they stand 100% behind their products and their customers.  Their support as experienced by me today is nothing but stellar.

Now, the content of the DVD itself is very high quality.  The little thingy on the corner that shows the notes being played is invaluable, and other DVDs I have bought from industry "name brands" do not have this feature.  You also get MIDI files, etc.  And the enthusiasm that Jamal, Ivan and Byron display on the DVD is just plain contagious and shows their love for music and instruction.  Hats off to you, GospelMusicians!

Now, Jamal, as a paying customer I was not going to be outdone... so what I did was play the DVD at half-speed to hear you and Ivan fumble around scale moods... "maaajor ha-ppppyyyy, miiiinor saaaaaaaad"; try it folks... it's a blast!  :)

Count me in on the list of customers in line awaiting part 2 of Urban Bass Techniques!!!  You've earned my business and my respect.

Blessings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up