LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you have a big ego??  (Read 17631 times)

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

Re: Do you have a big ego??
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
MY  PLEASURE!
MY JOB!
I appreciate the LOVE you guys continue to show me!! So its my pleasure to take the time to give in anyway I can.  I've been where you guys are going so just want to make sure you have the tools to stay there!!!!!!!!
Love you guys! Stay encouraged and focused!

Offline DetroitB3

• LGM Member
  • Playing in the key of life
    • http://

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 09:35:38 PM »
Good Stuff JHaynes! Great knowledge coming from one of the vets!  8)

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 06:34:55 AM »
MY  PLEASURE!
MY JOB!
I appreciate the LOVE you guys continue to show me!! So its my pleasure to take the time to give in anyway I can.  I've been where you guys are going so just want to make sure you have the tools to stay there!!!!!!!!
Love you guys! Stay encouraged and focused!

Wow!!! Now thats what you call looking out :)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »
Wow!!! Now thats what you call looking out :)

LOL!!!  Though it is off subject, I must make this observation...

Why is it that everytime a big named musician comes in here and makes a statement, then its deemed to be the truth lol!  Now before anyone can get it twisted, I agree 100% with what Jeremy said but, if you all can get out of the hype for 10 minutes, you will realize that what he said has nothing to do with him being a "seasoned vet."  Its basic life 101.  Live a little, open your eyes and ears to whats going on and you too can gain the same knowledge.  I have seen this pathetic behavior several times in different threads and its sickening.  Then you finally get a chance to meet your favorite musicians in person and they seem like jerks.  Why is that?  Maybe if you stop sweating them for a minute, it wouldnt be that way.  Get out of the hype and let a man be human for 10 minutes.  Have a normal conversation sometimes.  It wont hurt.

Then on the same token, you get big named musicians who come on this forum and lie about how much money they make.  I recall one of them claiming that they get offered $5000.00 a night to play an R&B gig.  What happened after that, cats started trippin out in this fantasy world like, man, dude is gettin all this money lol!  Well let me tell you like this, nobody on this planet is being offered that much money to play for any artist.  Do the math.  Put yourself in the artist's shoes.  If you were big enough to offer that kind of money to a musician, you would'nt have to lol!  Talented musicians with lesser names will play for much much less.  Artists dont care about names anyway.  You can barely see musicians at a show and no one in the croud cares.  But because a big named musician made this false claim, its deemed to be the truth and you supposedly dont have to think for yourself?  Thats non-sense.

This is supposed to be Learn Gospel Music but it seems as though people are learning little to nothing, and producing even less.   :-\

I think everyone should stop and ask themselves, what does this forum mean to you?

I have been here a couple years and I cant believe the lack of growth.  What happened to this place?  Im seeing videos on here that should be praised that arn't.  Then Im seeing videos on here where people are clearly better talkers than they are players, and everyone is like, yeah man good job lol.  What is that?  How does that help anyone get better?

I think I'm wasting valuable words here but, if I can help one other person, my job is done.

Peace, Love and Blessings

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »

Why is it that everytime a big named musician comes in here and makes a statement, then its deemed to be the truth lol!  Now before anyone can get it twisted, I agree 100% with what Jeremy said but, if you all can get out of the hype for 10 minutes, you will realize that what he said has nothing to do with him being a "seasoned vet."  Its basic life 101.  Live a little, open your eyes and ears to whats going on and you too can gain the same knowledge.  I have seen this pathetic behavior several times in different threads and its sickening.  Then you finally get a chance to meet your favorite musicians in person and they seem like jerks.  Why is that?  Maybe if you stop sweating them for a minute, it wouldnt be that way.  Get out of the hype and let a man be human for 10 minutes.  Have a normal conversation sometimes.  It wont hurt.

Then on the same token, you get big named musicians who come on this forum and lie about how much money they make.  I recall one of them claiming that they get offered $5000.00 a night to play an R&B gig.  What happened after that, cats started trippin out in this fantasy world like, man, dude is gettin all this money lol!  Well let me tell you like this, nobody on this planet is being offered that much money to play for any artist.  Do the math.  Put yourself in the artist's shoes.  If you were big enough to offer that kind of money to a musician, you would'nt have to lol!  Talented musicians with lesser names will play for much much less.  Artists dont care about names anyway.  You can barely see musicians at a show and no one in the croud cares.  But because a big named musician made this false claim, its deemed to be the truth and you supposedly dont have to think for yourself?  Thats non-sense.

This is supposed to be Learn Gospel Music but it seems as though people are learning little to nothing, and producing even less.   :-\

I think everyone should stop and ask themselves, what does this forum mean to you?

I have been here a couple years and I cant believe the lack of growth.  What happened to this place?  Im seeing videos on here that should be praised that arn't.  Then Im seeing videos on here where people are clearly better talkers than they are players, and everyone is like, yeah man good job lol.  What is that?  How does that help anyone get better?

I think I'm wasting valuable words here but, if I can help one other person, my job is done.

Hmm. interesting.

I think people do learn a lot on here. I can't back up my words with fact on paper because in order to do that one would need to have assessed every person before they joined the forum and now.

I do agree with your point about musicians taking what some "Seasoned Vets" say for complete truth. I have been a product of it in the past.

Why people do that? I don't know. It could have something to do with wanting to learn as much as you can and not being entirely sure on all the answers yourself so when someone who is a "vet" comes in and states their opinion on it you tend to just think that because they have been out there and are successful to some kind of degree that it must be right.

People have to eventually learn to break from dependency on others to make decisions for them. As your growing up you depend on your parents to make decisions for you or teachers or who ever else. as you mature you start making your own decisions. In a sense it's the same thing with music where someone has to eventually learn to think for themselves and not be scared to have a free mind.

It can even go as far as Pastors/Preachers but i wont go into that that's a whole different subject.

To the topic at hand which is Ego's.

Personally I think there is a difference between someone with an Ego and someone with Confidence.

In my opinion someone with an Ego is someone who feels as though what they do is greater than what anyone else can do. They also tend to try to put others down to make themselves seem/feel superior.

However, confidence is something that i feel is when a person just knows that they are pretty solid at what they do and are no push over and knows their value. This person also recognizes that they are NOT the best and that there are others who are better than them.

In my opinion there is a difference between the two and we should be careful not to mix it up.

It's like a woman.

There are women in this world who have their heads up their own butts and think they are the greatest thing to walk the earth and we should be grateful to even be allowed in their presence. These women also tend to put down other females and also males who they feel are not "on their level".

However, there is also the woman who just knows that she looks good, she knows she has her stuff together. She does not take the time to put down other women or men because she knows her value as a woman and will not be bothered with someone that does not know their value.

Just my opinion.

Offline DetroitB3

• LGM Member
  • Playing in the key of life
    • http://

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 11:54:45 PM »
Good stuff D.O.D & Drumz. To me, it doesn't matter if you're a seasoned vet or a person with very lil' experience...I dig what everyone has to offer when it comes to a topic such as this..to see what drives you , motivates you , keeps you humble..it's a melting pot of knowledge in here and I'm soaking it all up .

I can only speak for myself but I am always working hard, practicing and learning and appreciate all the expertise people have offered up in this forum . I'm an organst/keyboardist primarily and bass is my 2nd instrument , but the drum forum has always been one where I felt the people kept it real . Keep sharing the tips, videos , practice and everything else that will force us to grow! I know I've grown by leaps and bounds from the drum advice I've picked up in this very Forum!

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 08:20:51 AM »

This is supposed to be Learn Gospel Music but it seems as though people are learning little to nothing, and producing even less.   :-\

Well, Well...since you used my quote as a reference I feel obligated to reply. From my opinion we should always look up to the ones who are seasoned at what they do...number its not by accident they are where they are, and from alot of their experiences they can shed a lot of light and wisdom on some of us. No...I dont think the best advice always comes from seasoned vets, but.....I do greatly appreciate them taking the time to stop in and at least drop some lines. You have alot out there that don't even say a word until there name is mentioned...no offense, but Im not a big Jeremy Haynes fan anyways, just not my flavor.....not robbing him of anything because he is awesome, and his resume backs it up. If you claim you believe a 100% of what Jeremy said, whats wrong with my believing it??? Its not sweating a professional, its called appreciating them. I appreciate everybody who contributes something constructive not just seasoned professionals. Also yes this is LearnGospelMusic and I have learned alot, who are you to say one hasn't??? Just because we havent dropped a project like you??? Just because we dont have a huge discography??? What are you basing success on??? IMO....success is based on ones ability to achieve the goals which THEY have set. You don't know ones goals and their achievements in life, so you can't say whether they are learning or progressing or what, just because YOU dont see it. You know I dont bite my tongue so im going to say straight up....you need to take YOUR head out the clouds, and come back down to earth. You are talking straight from your opinion. If you base learning something, and producing little on Cds, Dvds, Endors., and stuff you are twisted. There are people on here I know are doing much, and being very effective. Just because you don't see it on here, or in Wisconsin dosent mean its not happening. It's cool homie, but you cant make global statements when you truly dont know. I know you feeling all good with your marketing stuff, and your CD and stuff, but everyone isnt trying to go down the same path as you. Some people have different visions, goals, and achievemnets so I just think you need to respect that. I will tell you straight up.....im going to school right now getting my Bach. in Information Technology, my goal is to become a senior analyst, thats my career, as far as drumming my goal is to be a full time drummer for a successful ministry. I dont plan on touring, I dont care about being in the studio, or heavy gigging. Im happy with Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursday night services. So tell me.....how can you judge my success????

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 08:52:51 AM »
As a matter of fact....mods delete my reply because this isn't even worth getting into. Peace :)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »
Well, Well...since you used my quote as a reference I feel obligated to reply. From my opinion we should always look up to the ones who are seasoned at what they do...number its not by accident they are where they are, and from alot of their experiences they can shed a lot of light and wisdom on some of us. No...I dont think the best advice always comes from seasoned vets, but.....I do greatly appreciate them taking the time to stop in and at least drop some lines. You have alot out there that don't even say a word until there name is mentioned...no offense, but Im not a big Jeremy Haynes fan anyways, just not my flavor.....not robbing him of anything because he is awesome, and his resume backs it up. If you claim you believe a 100% of what Jeremy said, whats wrong with my believing it??? Its not sweating a professional, its called appreciating them. I appreciate everybody who contributes something constructive not just seasoned professionals. Also yes this is LearnGospelMusic and I have learned alot, who are you to say one hasn't??? Just because we havent dropped a project like you??? Just because we dont have a huge discography??? What are you basing success on??? IMO....success is based on ones ability to achieve the goals which THEY have set. You don't know ones goals and their achievements in life, so you can't say whether they are learning or progressing or what, just because YOU dont see it. You know I dont bite my tongue so im going to say straight up....you need to take YOUR head out the clouds, and come back down to earth. You are talking straight from your opinion. If you base learning something, and producing little on Cds, Dvds, Endors., and stuff you are twisted. There are people on here I know are doing much, and being very effective. Just because you don't see it on here, or in Wisconsin dosent mean its not happening. It's cool homie, but you cant make global statements when you truly dont know. I know you feeling all good with your marketing stuff, and your CD and stuff, but everyone isnt trying to go down the same path as you. Some people have different visions, goals, and achievemnets so I just think you need to respect that. I will tell you straight up.....im going to school right now getting my Bach. in Information Technology, my goal is to become a senior analyst, thats my career, as far as drumming my goal is to be a full time drummer for a successful ministry. I dont plan on touring, I dont care about being in the studio, or heavy gigging. Im happy with Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursday night services. So tell me.....how can you judge my success????

Now this is exactly what I'm talking about.  Here you are bringing up my accomplishments when they have nothing to do with the subject matter.  This isn't about playing drums, giging, endorsements or dropping cd's.  I'm talking about growing as a human being, thinking for yourself and keeping it real.  I hope you get it one day fam.

Peace and Blessings.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2009, 10:40:21 AM »

Now this is exactly what I'm talking about.  Here you are bringing up my accomplishments when they have nothing to do with the subject matter.  This isn't about playing drums, giging, endorsements or dropping cd's.  I'm talking about growing as a human being, thinking for yourself and keeping it real.  I hope you get it one day fam.

Peace and Blessings.

She thats my point, I get what you are talking about, but my whole purpose is to find out where you are getting the drift the someone isnt. I just used myself as an example sheen.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2009, 10:51:37 AM »
As a matter of fact....mods delete my reply because this isn't even worth getting into. Peace :)

And another thing.  You've been on this site for over 3 years now.  You could've been on a comfortable pace to save 1 dollar a month to make a monetary contribution to this site, which would allow you to delete your own post.  We need to step our support game up.  I'm out.  Peace.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »
And another thing.  You've been on this site for over 3 years now.  You could've been on a comfortable pace to save 1 dollar a month to make a monetary contribution to this site, which would allow you to delete your own post.  We need to step our support game up.  I'm out.  Peace.

Oh....that shows your great growth and maturity!!! Wonderful Job!!!

Like I said, leave it alone my dude. Do you and ride out homie!!! :)

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2009, 11:19:11 PM »
Oh....that shows your great growth and maturity!!! Wonderful Job!!!

Like I said, leave it alone my dude. Do you and ride out homie!!! :)

so um. . . . yea. how about ego's?  ;D

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2009, 01:43:15 AM »
i guess things can get heated when u miss the point....but yea....ego, dont they make waffles? oh thats eggo...nevermind then.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2009, 02:22:51 AM »
i guess things can get heated when u miss the point....but yea....ego, dont they make waffles? oh thats eggo...nevermind then.

is that an aluminum shell snare in your pic?

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:06 AM »

:D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2009, 08:13:27 AM »

yep....wouldn't never of happened if someone would have stayed on topic, and stop worrying about the next man, and what he is doing....

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2009, 08:15:50 AM »
so um. . . . yea. how about ego's?  ;D

I think people with egos aren't happy at all. At times they can look miserable, and lonely.

Offline Jedi3

• LGM Member
  • "Do or do not. There is no try."

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »
I think people with egos aren't happy at all. At times they can look miserable, and lonely.

Very, very true, Sir.  Extremely wise assessment.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2009, 12:49:53 PM »
Do you have a big ego??

...I don't.  I try to keep my ego in check. lol

Question: To the musicians, singers , athletes, entertainers on here, How much of a percentage of what you do is for the love of the craft and how much of it is for the wow factor/ praise that you will get once you reach a certain level of greatness? Is it wrong to want the praises of the masses when you're in the showbiz field? How much does that drive u?

...honestly man, since I started, I've always loved music and playing with other people.  Seriously. I love the craft and all but there's nothing like playing with other musicians.  I figuered that out by like the age of 10.  That's why I hated practicing alone. lol

...in what I do, (not showbiz) I'm wrong if I go out and look for the praises of the masses.  That messes with my mind and kind of disrupts me musically.  I've tried it. lol  So for me, what drives me the most is getting the band and myself to sound great and to project with clarity the message that we're trying to get across.  I guess for me is to sound as musical as possible.  If people dig it, cool.  If they give me praise, I say thank you and ask them how they felt and what they liked about the music or what I played etc.  I always give the glory to the most high but recently I like to get in depth with people to see what they think or feel.

...to sum things up, I think what should drive you is the love for what ever it is you do. :)

...hope I stayed some what on topic.  :-\

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up