LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you have a big ego??  (Read 17635 times)

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

Re: Do you have a big ego??
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2009, 02:40:26 PM »
Good to see you on the boards, d-o-d :)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! This subject is about Ego's right???????  :-[

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »
Good to see you on the boards, d-o-d :)

What up mane!  How's everything?

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »
OH!! and btw "Dude-On-Drums" (and I'm so serious about what I saying right now) did I do something to you in a past life that I'm not aware of???? Did I offend in another subject or something???? I'm really curious to know because, you kinda diminished my knowledge or my advice as if it was with no substance or value. That whole "Think for yourself" comment had nothing to do with the thread homie. Maybe when you become someone that people respect, value and look up to you'll understand the importance of giving and sharing your life's experiences with people who are inspiring to be where you are. When I started my song writing and publishing company "Rhythm Is Life Music" I didn't seek the advice of someone that was making an attempt to do what I was trying to do, I asked my Long time friend of 18yrs Kevin Bond how to, and what to, because "HIS COMPANY IS DOING VEEEEEEERY WELL!" and I wanted mine to do the same. Unfortunately we don't live in a world where people trust those who haven't experienced what we're striving to experience so we have mentors and as you guys say "Seasoned Vets" that may say things that we value to our aspiring careers or goals as a musician. Please don't confuse this with me being offended or upset because that's never ben my thing. We all own the right to like whomever we like or love. But no one and I mean NO ONE!! Unless you are a legitimate critic with a professional job to critique what people do in and with they're careers or OR! Your a hater and you find pleasure in "Down Playing" anyone's accomplishments or what they say. Trust me fam the knowledge that God has allowed myself to receive from experience in my career and the knowledge I've gained from my musical heroes experiences have spring borded my life into a whole notha level that's only humility and maturity got me 2. So please be careful being careless when it comes to what you say about the people who are living the life your going after. 

Peace Fam. Much Love and Respect!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2009, 08:28:24 PM »
OH!! and btw "Dude-On-Drums" (and I'm so serious about what I saying right now) did I do something to you in a past life that I'm not aware of???? Did I offend in another subject or something???? I'm really curious to know because, you kinda diminished my knowledge or my advice as if it was with no substance or value. That whole "Think for yourself" comment had nothing to do with the thread homie. Maybe when you become someone that people respect, value and look up to you'll understand the importance of giving and sharing your life's experiences with people who are inspiring to be where you are. When I started my song writing and publishing company "Rhythm Is Life Music" I didn't seek the advice of someone that was making an attempt to do what I was trying to do, I asked my Long time friend of 18yrs Kevin Bond how to, and what to, because "HIS COMPANY IS DOING VEEEEEEERY WELL!" and I wanted mine to do the same. Unfortunately we don't live in a world where people trust those who haven't experienced what we're striving to experience so we have mentors and as you guys say "Seasoned Vets" that may say things that we value to our aspiring careers or goals as a musician. Please don't confuse this with me being offended or upset because that's never ben my thing. We all own the right to like whomever we like or love. But no one and I mean NO ONE!! Unless you are a legitimate critic with a professional job to critique what people do in and with they're careers or OR! Your a hater and you find pleasure in "Down Playing" anyone's accomplishments or what they say. Trust me fam the knowledge that God has allowed myself to receive from experience in my career and the knowledge I've gained from my musical heroes experiences have spring borded my life into a whole notha level that's only humility and maturity got me 2. So please be careful being careless when it comes to what you say about the people who are living the life your going after. 

Peace Fam. Much Love and Respect!

Actually you read my post all wrong.  I was actually complimenting you on your knowledge.  I was trying to explain the fact that a person doesn't have to be a "seasoned vet" or "professional musician" to learn and share those principals.  And the "think for yourself" comment is a principal that I was taught and live by.  Its great to get guidance and advice from those you look up to but, its also an even better thing to live life for yourself, research and have personal experiences.  Its kind of like listening to your pastor preach, but also reading and experiencing the Word for yourself.

I appreciate the love and respect.  Likewise!

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member
  • What company will BBD go to next? Stay tuned.

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Hey, jhaynes, did you read the entire initial post?  Here is what dude-on-drums said:
Now before anyone can get it twisted, I agree 100% with what Jeremy said

Now here is what Da_Drumma said:
...no offense, but Im not a big Jeremy Haynes fan anyways, just not my flavor.....not robbing him of anything because he is awesome, and his resume backs it up.

I also agree that you read dude-on-drums' post incorrectly.   ?/?

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2009, 09:58:19 PM »
Gotcha Big Dawg. Just want you in this next season of your life to just be careful how you use your words and energy. No reason you guys should be going at it on this forum. Just want you guys to keep the peace on LGM nothing wrong with disagreeing, that's what makes us individually special.
Bless You Man. 

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2009, 10:48:22 PM »
Didn't misread it my man. I understood everything he said. But my comment wasn't about me misunderstanding. My comment was geared towards dude-on-drums saying, think for yourself. The thread wasn't about someone thinking for themselves. I was trying to bring a clear cut understanding to the mindset of just because people agree doesn't mean they're not thinking for themselves. And the other comment came from the other guy who he was arguing with. Sooooooooo............??????? I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from.   

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2009, 05:28:32 AM »
Now here is what Da_Drumma said:

Quote from: Da_Drumma on July 26, 2009, 09:20:51 AM
...no offense, but Im not a big Jeremy Haynes fan anyways, just not my flavor.....not robbing him of anything because he is awesome, and his resume backs it up.

I didnt say that in anyway as I dont like Jeremy....I was just simply using it to say that I still look up to him even though he may not be #1 on my list. It has nothing to do with his playing ability or personal life. I said that to say....im not just jumping on his side because he's Jeremy Haynes the seasoned drummer, I agreed because I felt in my heart it was true. Even if it would of came from a newbie on the forum, I still would have agreed. I have nothing against Jeremy and I still by the albums he is on, my style is just different from his and I just have a drummer with more of my style as my fav. That wasnt anything negative at all, so dont portray it to be. Like he said Kevin Bond is his mentor, and Kevin Bond is well respected. Thats why I can TRUST the wisdom and knowledge that comes from jeremy. I have nothing personal w/ D.O.D we are just disagreeing on this one.

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2009, 06:53:45 AM »
You're correct, Da_Drumma... You understood my rationale for using those two quotes!  The point of me putting both comments on my reply were to show jhaynes that props are given, and that no one has anything against him.  That's why I quoted your entire statement, and not just only this portion:

...no offense, but Im not a big Jeremy Haynes fan anyways, just not my flavor.....

Now had that only been quoted, then yeah...
"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »
Didn't misread it my man. I understood everything he said. But my comment wasn't about me misunderstanding. My comment was geared towards dude-on-drums saying, think for yourself. The thread wasn't about someone thinking for themselves. I was trying to bring a clear cut understanding to the mindset of just because people agree doesn't mean they're not thinking for themselves. And the other comment came from the other guy who he was arguing with. Sooooooooo............??????? I hope you guys understand where I'm coming from.   

True!   8)

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2009, 07:02:41 AM »
Riiiiiiight!!! My point exactly! Theirs nothing in his qoute that said "He couldn't think for himself" that was my whole point of trying to bring peace and clarity to this thread. So my man buzz95 when you jump on the wagon of someone elses comment please be accurate sir.

I must say though, I believe this is a sign of growth on here for you guys because your speaking from a psssionate place and that always a good sign!!!! Stay passionate and excited about who you are and what you want to become. Just remember this, "Its not what you say its HOW you say it"

In the words of our beatin brotha, Rodney King

"Can't we all just get along"

Love you guys. (Gotta get back to work)

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2009, 07:13:07 AM »
Imma say it again: True!   8)

I got your point when you initially replied to my post... 

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2009, 07:13:49 AM »
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »
I 'heart' drummers! :D

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2009, 07:46:04 AM »
Everythings cool....I tell you I can really appreciate this because when you open your eyes there is truly a lesson in everything. Thanks Jeremy, buzz, and sheen for clearing things up!!!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
I don't know about ego, but it sure is a heckuva lotta testosterone up in here. :-\

*takes off running before y'all start throwing sticks at me*
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2009, 08:05:46 AM »

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:18 AM »
...good one Sheen. lol
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up