LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you have a big ego??  (Read 17632 times)

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

Re: Do you have a big ego??
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2009, 09:18:05 AM »
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »

What up mane!  How's everything?

I'm good man; getting down to serious planning for my wedding next year.  The college students are returning next month so I will be busier running all 4 choirs again. 
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2009, 09:58:29 AM »

I'm good man; getting down to serious planning for my wedding next year.  The college students are returning next month so I will be busier running all 4 choirs again. 
VT, You remind me of D.L. Hughley with that fro. :D Congrats on the engagement fam. Love is still cool!
Im too tall to act small.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »

Good stuff!!  Congrats on the engagement and good luck with the choirs bro!

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »
VT, You remind me of D.L. Hughley with that fro. :D Congrats on the engagement fam. Love is still cool!

Which is why I cut it in half.  I don't care for his comedy. :D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »
...good one Sheen. lol

Naw man your "EGO" pic was too funny lol!

Offline jhaynes

• LGM Member

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2009, 11:05:47 AM »
Dude-On-Drums the Beating a dead horse things was genius!!!! L'nmbo........whenever you guys are in ATL please let me know I'd love to hang!!!! All you guys seem like a lot of fun yo. Love You Guys.

Its a good thing when Men can talk, disagree and love at the same time!

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »
Dude-On-Drums the Beating a dead horse things was genius!!!! L'nmbo........whenever you guys are in ATL please let me know I'd love to hang!!!! All you guys seem like a lot of fun yo. Love You Guys.

Its a good thing when Men can talk, disagree and love at the same time!
8)

Im too tall to act small.

Offline fLaT-fIfTh

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.gospelchops.com

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2009, 02:24:06 PM »
I keep my ego in check the same way in every aspect including music, business, and life. How? Simple. I hang around people who have more.
I hang around musicians who would slay me in their sleep... and they make me better. I hang around people who have been married twice as long as I have... and they make me better. I hang around very, very, very successful businessmen... and they make me better. There is never a time for my ego to rise up because I'm always too busy learning.

I hope that helped somebody...

God bless ;)

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »
Good post, fLaT-fIfTh...
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2009, 05:14:15 PM »
I keep my ego in check the same way in every aspect including music, business, and life. How? Simple. I hang around people who have more.
I hang around musicians who would slay me in their sleep... and they make me better. I hang around people who have been married twice as long as I have... and they make me better. I hang around very, very, very successful businessmen... and they make me better. There is never a time for my ego to rise up because I'm always too busy learning.

God bless ;)

Good!
Always keep learning - those who THINK they have arrived, have stagnated...

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »

God bless ;)

That's good bro.

What Gerald is talking about is actually a command from God, discipleship. Be discipled and make disciples. Who are you meeting with regularly and working through deep issues we all struggle with like ego/pride? I meet with 2 men from church every week and we work through personal struggles, confess sin, all things God commands us to do. I couldn't tell you how monumental it is to my walk with Christ to see older men model for me what it looks like to stand firm in the faith, act like a man, love and lead my women, and point me to the only hope I have to make it in any of this, the cross of Christ. Your behavior is a result of what's in your heart so how are you working on your heart?

We have to start seeing things differently. For instance, let's talk about habitual tardiness. We cannot blame it on culture or lack of discipline. Our behavior comes from our heart. The truth is we are lovers of self and sleep. If you're dealing with ego/pride, which we all are, you must first realize it's a matter of the heart. You are self-worshiping and may have elevated creation (music) over creator (God), which is our hearts natural pull. How are you actively working on this? No one stumbles onto humility.

Sadly we can't even address this issue with out digging deeper.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2009, 02:03:13 AM »
That's good bro.

What Gerald is talking about is actually a command from God, discipleship. Be discipled and make disciples. Who are you meeting with regularly and working through deep issues we all struggle with like ego/pride? I meet with 2 men from church every week and we work through personal struggles, confess sin, all things God commands us to do. I couldn't tell you how monumental it is to my walk with Christ to see older men model for me what it looks like to stand firm in the faith, act like a man, love and lead my women, and point me to the only hope I have to make it in any of this, the cross of Christ. Your behavior is a result of what's in your heart so how are you working on your heart?

We have to start seeing things differently. For instance, let's talk about habitual tardiness. We cannot blame it on culture or lack of discipline. Our behavior comes from our heart. The truth is we are lovers of self and sleep. If you're dealing with ego/pride, which we all are, you must first realize it's a matter of the heart. You are self-worshiping and may have elevated creation (music) over creator (God), which is our hearts natural pull. How are you actively working on this? No one stumbles onto humility.

Sadly we can't even address this issue with out digging deeper.

Doc you bettah preach on tardiness!!!

i was just talking to someone about it today. a friend of mine was doing a gig with me and we were supposed to start soundcheck at 9. He tells me to meet him at his apartment at 9 with the excuse that he lives literally like 4 blocks from the place and we would be there by 9:15

I think ima make a thread about tardiness

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2009, 11:13:54 AM »
Doc you bettah preach on tardiness!!!

i was just talking to someone about it today. a friend of mine was doing a gig with me and we were supposed to start soundcheck at 9. He tells me to meet him at his apartment at 9 with the excuse that he lives literally like 4 blocks from the place and we would be there by 9:15

I think ima make a thread about tardiness

Cosign that! One of my pet peeves...
:(

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2009, 01:41:08 AM »
ego's or eagles???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up