LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Shed...July 24th  (Read 425 times)

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

Weekend Shed...July 24th
« on: July 24, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »
Amen and Praise God! The weekend is here! I will make this weekend shed a little different because I know what a great deal of you will be doing this weekend. Working out the Ivan DVD!! I will be right there with you...I won't be shedding at church sunday because it is my sunday off so that will give me an extra week to work out some of the funky licks and stuff from the dvd....I pray that each of you has a great weekend and don't burn out the dvd player or your computer playing that dvd over and over and over and over and over, and..........again  :)  :)

"Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; praise Him with STRINGED insturments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything tha has breath praise the Lord, Praise the Lord!"

Have a blessed week....

Que
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

Re: Weekend Shed...July 24th
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:10:48 PM »
I have read with great interest all the posts regarding the DVD's, but somehow I don't feel compelled to order one. I think it is because I am so busy with everything else, musical and otherwise. I am playing a wedding next month so I am learning "Here and Now", "Ribbon In The Sky", and possibly "The Prayer". And after not playing for two weeks I am about to hit a stretch run of two Sundays and two 3:00 programs.

The Schecter, fresh from the shop (new strings, batteries, and a proper setup) sounds wonderful. :) Alas, the Jazz V still has not sold.  :(

Have a blessed weekend, everyone.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: Weekend Shed...July 24th
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 04:18:54 PM »
i get what u sayin dhag. somehow i feel that if i had regular playing time with knowledgeable musicians, i probably wouldnt need the DVD either. A lot of the techniques and concepts i know, but i just need to understand better how and when to apply them, and sometimes that comes with more opportunities to use them. There's actually one part on the DVD where he gets into how to play with overplaying musicians, which i know and actually do. The thing is, when you have to do that ALL the time, it makes it hard to grow and explore musically.

I think its kinda the difference between training workshops/classes and on-the-job training. if u get a lot of one, sometimes u dont really need that much of the other.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up