LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Making His Band"  (Read 15342 times)

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

"Making His Band"
« on: July 28, 2009, 06:39:17 AM »
Did anybody catch it last night on MTV??? How did you think it went??? Does anybody know any of the musicians??? So far I know Chris Kee is in it, Tim "RawBiz" Williams on bass, and thats about it. Oh btw....our boy Eric Moore didnt make it, sorry to hear that dude. Lets hear your opinion on it guys!!! :)

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member
  • What company will BBD go to next? Stay tuned.

Re: "Making His Band"
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »
No, I didn't get a chance to see it.  Maybe they'll have it online somewhere.
"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:47:46 AM »
No, I didn't get a chance to see it.  Maybe they'll have it online somewhere.

They said you can see clips from the show @
makinghisband.mtv.com

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »
mann i knew that diddy was tryna make a band but i had noo idea he was gon hav a season on MTV with it!! I thought it went real nice..He got a nice line of Music Directors and he knows what he lookin for so im excited to know who the band will be.. even tho i already got MY lineup already! LOL ..The musician that stood out the most for me is Blake the guitar player. he gotta nice swagg to his playing. on the bass. the lil cat wit the braids to the back was real to me. had confidence in his playin and he was enjoying himself which i liked that about him. [look interested in the music that your playing].. Big Kris on the drums stood out. and the girl drumma as well .. its not often you see a girl drummer play so aggressive and sure like a man...good stuff yo! that made me wanna practice sumthing heavy!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »
mann i knew that diddy was tryna make a band but i had noo idea he was gon hav a season on MTV with it!! I thought it went real nice..He got a nice line of Music Directors and he knows what he lookin for so im excited to know who the band will be.. even tho i already got MY lineup already! LOL ..The musician that stood out the most for me is Blake the guitar player. he gotta nice swagg to his playing. on the bass. the lil cat wit the braids to the back was real to me. had confidence in his playin and he was enjoying himself which i liked that about him. [look interested in the music that your playing].. Big Kris on the drums stood out. and the girl drumma as well .. its not often you see a girl drummer play so aggressive and sure like a man...good stuff yo! that made me wanna practice sumthing heavy!!!!!!!!!!!lol

The Girl Drummer - Joy is from Buffalo, NY she is with an all girl gospel band called Heavenbound

I like blake too, as far as bass they didnt show to much of Rawbiz but i would think between him, jamero, and walter barnes (ohio monster) it should be pretty good comp.

the keyboard players all sucked to me and the himher im sorry is a superdope vocalist but yea ill leave it at that

Offline buzz95

• LGM Member
  • What company will BBD go to next? Stay tuned.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:18:22 AM »
They said you can see clips from the show @
makinghisband.mtv.com

Thanks!
"I paid nothing, I got mine for free!!!!!" - bigblackdrummer on big up-in' his cheap endorsements.

Offline robdown

• LGM Member
  • Beats.
    • Reverb Nation

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 08:19:08 AM »
i was most impressed with the bass players. out of the drummers they showed, chris kee looked ready...even though rob lewis said he wasn't payin attention, lol.

quote of the night: "The amp is tired!"

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:20 AM »
The Girl Drummer - Joy is from Buffalo, NY she is with an all girl gospel band called Heavenbound

I like blake too, as far as bass they didnt show to much of Rawbiz but i would think between him, jamero, and walter barnes (ohio monster) it should be pretty good comp.

the keyboard players all sucked to me and the himher im sorry is a superdope vocalist but yea ill leave it at that

Yeah...the girl drummer is pretty dope!!! Chris Kee could have did way better...Big Chris I thought was good, Blake was real nice. I wish they wouldve shown more of Tim Rawbiz but I guess we have to wait until next show, Jamero was holding it down though. I wasnt really feeling the Keyboardist either they were alright. This will be interesting though how it unfolds....

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 08:26:38 AM »
i was most impressed with the bass players. out of the drummers they showed, chris kee looked ready...even though rob lewis said he wasn't payin attention, lol.

Hahaha I laughed my but off when he said "The amp was tired"
That was a good one.
Yeah...I cant believe Rob was saying that. I dont think Chris did his best, although I do believe he is the better one there, but Rob saying he wasnt paying attention and he was missing breaks was way off...I watched it twice.

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member
  • "Yo Grandad! Buy me some Vic Firths!"

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
Yeah I was a little suprised that Eric didn't make it. But I think they were looking for more straight pocket than anything (Which is why the girl Dina advanced! No comment on her). And Eric likes to throw his flavor into the songs. But his fave quote is "only what you do for Christ will last", so maybe it wasn't his time.......

Chris was absent from his dad's church for an extremely long time before finally coming back on the 19th of July I believe. His mouth is shut tight on what happens...

I love the show. I think I'll be watching reruns all week long.
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 08:37:37 AM »
chris kee looked ready...even though rob lewis said he wasn't payin attention, lol.

...I don't blame him though.  He's playing with this dude? lol 

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline musician4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »
...I don't blame him though.  He's playing with this dude? lol 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qY6jpi8R9Q

Well, that's the caliber of musician I'd think they'd be seeking, anyway. Then again, Chris Coleman's don't exactly come a dime a dozen.

Offline Drumworkshop

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 08:55:16 AM »
The show was pretty cool. It will be even better once they start showing more of the talent. Out of the 35sum that made it into the house they really only showed 6 or so. I guess the one's MTV decided would make good story....case & point the dragqueen dude!! I'm excited abt the upcoming shows though....I hope he'll open the auditions again and add a few more cities like he did with danity kane...lol. He really needs to swing through atl

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
Well, that's the caliber of musician I'd think they'd be seeking, anyway. Then again, Chris Coleman's don't exactly come a dime a dozen.

...I'd rather make up my own band....Mos Def with the Experiment.  Oh wait...that already exists. lol
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »
I'm digging Kristopher.  He laid back in the cut and pulled out the tricks only when they asked for them.  He played for the music. 

The show was pretty cool. It will be even better once they start showing more of the talent. Out of the 35sum that made it into the house they really only showed 6 or so. I guess the one's MTV decided would make good story....case & point the dragqueen dude!! I'm excited abt the upcoming shows though....I hope he'll open the auditions again and add a few more cities like he did with danity kane...lol. He really needs to swing through atl

They're just simply setting up the drama by focusing on the personalities more than the music.  That's probably the main reason they're putting the shemale in the house because they know he's gonna eventually clown.  Yall know how Diddy rolls.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »
I'm diggin the show! I used to go to New life and hang out with Chris, so its pretty cool seeing him on tv.

Joy, Jamero, and Brokett really caught my attention.

What kind of whack excuse is that!!LOL. I would have fired that cat on the spot... If you're gonna make an excuse at least make a good one....
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
MAAAAN i was mad lol

They didnt show none of the really WACK musicians. like American Idol. Thats what i wanted to see.

Other than that it was cool . . . Was kinda disappointed by some of the keys players.

I see you dudes like Blake. He's from Berklee along with one of the singer's named Morgan and a Keys player named Sean Alexander.

I think it should be a good show or at least i hope so

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »
and on the topic about chris kee..
i think he couldve done better too..
i think that did made a comment about him not payin attention on the breaks and Nissan (thank god) shed on light and backed chris up..which i wouldve done too cuz diddy might not know that chris has a background playin for a major artist since the mid-90s (Percussion) lol...

but blake caught my attention the most..
but man im so excited about this..i really need to get back to practicing... and gettin my confidence up so the next time a chance as big as this one comes along again..ima be ready physically but most of all mentally..cuz a cat like me would be sweating worst then keith! get it? lol
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline fLaT-fIfTh

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.gospelchops.com

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
The show was "fun." I enjoyed it. However, looking at the cats who made the cut, I don't have high expectations for the end result. There are just more reasonable ways to put together the ultimate band. I didn't see a drummer at all. The girl was nice, but I don't think she fit the description of the band that Diddy wants. He clearly wants the hottest band in the game and all of the cats shown need some work...

The guitarist with the low cut playing the Fender... YES! Hire him. He's ready.
Jamareo on bass... Loved it! Excitement and energy and killin a 4 string. Yezzir!

I didn't see much else. I understand that it's meant for entertainment, but I have NO DOUBT that R. Lewis knows a better way to build the ultimate band.

God bless ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up