LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Making His Band"  (Read 15338 times)

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

Re: "Making His Band"
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
Walter Barnes (bass), Joey Green (bass), James "Mook" Agnew (drums) are all great musicians from the Cleveland area. I look forward to seeing more of the show. The violinist is killer!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline SneakerHead

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 07:23:28 PM »
The show was pretty cool. It will be even better once they start showing more of the talent. Out of the 35sum that made it into the house they really only showed 6 or so. I guess the one's MTV decided would make good story....case & point the dragqueen dude!! I'm excited abt the upcoming shows though....I hope he'll open the auditions again and add a few more cities like he did with danity kane...lol. He really needs to swing through atl

It seems like Atl would be the first spot. Even though I hear we all sound alike. Danity got my homie B. Williams from here.
"Style changes, but self-expression is consistent."
                    -Pharrell Williams

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 01:59:36 AM »
The show was "fun." I enjoyed it. However, looking at the cats who made the cut, I don't have high expectations for the end result. There are just more reasonable ways to put together the ultimate band. I didn't see a drummer at all. The girl was nice, but I don't think she fit the description of the band that Diddy wants. He clearly wants the hottest band in the game and all of the cats shown need some work...

The guitarist with the low cut playing the Fender... YES! Hire him. He's ready.
Jamareo on bass... Loved it! Excitement and energy and killin a 4 string. Yezzir!

I didn't see much else. I understand that it's meant for entertainment, but I have NO DOUBT that R. Lewis knows a better way to build the ultimate band.

God bless ;)

I think you are pre-judging. There wasnt a lot shown that could tell us what would create the "hottest" band.

As the show goes on im sure we will see why certain people were picked over others.

Offline fLaT-fIfTh

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.gospelchops.com

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 02:16:11 AM »
I think you are pre-judging. There wasnt a lot shown that could tell us what would create the "hottest" band.

As the show goes on im sure we will see why certain people were picked over others.

Yes. I am... That was more tv than I normally watch in a month. I'm just going with what they gave me because I probably won't see much more.

God bless

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 02:34:36 AM »
Yes. I am... That was more tv than I normally watch in a month. I'm just going with what they gave me because I probably won't see much more.

God bless

lol. i see where your coming from. i was kinda disappointed myself. you can def tell that the show was edited for the mass audience and not for the musicians tho. hopefully it will change. Rob said they have this whole thing where they be battling like shed style. Hopefully thats next week

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:35 AM »
lol. i see where your coming from. i was kinda disappointed myself. you can def tell that the show was edited for the mass audience and not for the musicians tho. hopefully it will change. Rob said they have this whole thing where they be battling like shed style. Hopefully thats next week

I saw a clip of that "shed."  They're going to get all in each other's faces over this mess.  So needless IMO, but I aint a producer on the show so it shall go down.   
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:54 AM »
Mike Moore is a well-known Baltimore native, and a beast on drums and keys. I'd like to see him make it far.

On another note, I spoke to "he-who-must-not-be-named" and his take on the whole thing, was that this show is more-or-less just entertainment. The "actual" band might only consist of a select few from the show. ?/?

In any event, I'm curious to see how the show will play out ;D
"Give them the truth, so they approach the situation with ammunition."

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 06:44:19 AM »
Mike Moore is a well-known Baltimore native, and a beast on drums and keys. I'd like to see him make it far.

On another note, I spoke to "he-who-must-not-be-named" and his take on the whole thing, was that this show is more-or-less just entertainment. The "actual" band might only consist of a select few from the show. ?/?

I'm thinking that Nisan is going to be on the kit in the end.  If known of a couple of major gigs where they did all of these open auditions and in the end a bunch of first-call cats got a phone call and did the hit.  I think they just want to show how intense and hungry folks are going to be  and how far they're willing to go for this. 

Now if Diddy makes them walk to Roscoe's to get him some chicken and waffles............
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 06:55:09 AM »
Lol at Roscoe's :D

But let's be honest. If Nisan gets the job, there's no doubt it will be a very "well-played" gig, but Diddy by no means will have the "hottest" band.

I mean Diddy had Voldemort on his last tour! ;D I'd say you'd have to get a pretty creative somebody to come harder than that!

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 07:22:40 AM »
I think Jamero has a great attitude and that goes a long way. He was very relaxed under pressure and did what they asked him to do.

"Dont say the amp is tired." -Rob Lewis-
Im too tall to act small.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

who is he who must not be named?

also a band can be hot without chops. I have seen quite a few shows where im bobbing my head more because of the arrangement and could care less what the drummer is playing

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 12:26:59 PM »

also a band can be hot without chops. I have seen quite a few shows where im bobbing my head more because of the arrangement and could care less what the drummer is playing

George

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 01:03:38 PM »

Yes indeed!!! 

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »
i absolutely agree with fifth, none of the drummers that competed showed me any thing that we havent seen, i though some body that was waiting for the chance to get the spot light wouldve showed up, was disapponted, but that guy at the end of the episode got diddy's attention as well as nisan, but did yall see the opener of the show no other that the man Eric Moore II i thought for shure hang it all up the man got the job no competition needed, but the dude on bass jamerio smoked the competition

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
who is mike Moore?

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »
I know this sounds crazy but ive see that guy jamero somewhere before as well as those two chick drummers on youtube some where but i cant quite put my finger on it?

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »
Wow....I did see a few musicians that frequent the gospel circle...like for instance...I have to agree with other comment concerning Mike Moore (from Baltimore) who does play keys and drums was strictly on keys...I guarantee the show will have to show Mike Moore killing the set at some point..we have seen him on sheds in the forum a few times...Blake on guitar was killing, yeah he is definitely ready...the bass players Time and Jamareo is definitely ready...Stay Blessed, Nate J.

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 12:23:13 AM »
Yeah I keep hearing all this talk about the kid Jamareo. Now I'm not a hater by any means, but my man got a lot of air time, so we had the chance to see a lot of things he was doing...and he's nice, no doubt about that. But he has some strict competition in my man Tim "Rawbiz" Williams...a strait monster out of Berklee College of Music, and this cat named Walter that I got the chance to meet and play with out of Huntsville, Alabama, who is a left handed 4-string playin beast of the low-end.
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline musician4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:22 AM »
Are their any Chris Coleman/Tony Royster Jr. level monsters on the show?

Offline Realist

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
Yep Mike Moore made it into the house on Keys, but I think he switched over to the drums at some point along in the show, "you" all just have to wait and find out... lol He's a beast on the drums tho....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up