LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Making His Band"  (Read 15333 times)

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

Re: "Making His Band"
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »
I'll say it once again, Kristopher Brooks is the one to watch.  He is like a ninja.  Silent, but deadly.  He is also very humble.  If you read his Myspace page, he is all about acknowledging God for giving him his gift.  Talent AND humility is a great combo in the music world.  My eyes are on this cat.

Here's a clip from '08 I found on him.

When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »
I'll say it once again, Kristopher Brooks is the one to watch.  He is like a *****.  Silent, but deadly.  He is also very humble.  If you read his Myspace page, he is all about acknowledging God for giving him his gift.  Talent AND humility is a great combo in the music world.  My eyes are on this cat.

Here's a clip from '08 I found on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC50F0g8RjQ

He definetly showed up but Im still curious about the other musicians in the house. I wonder if they were all afforded an opportunity to solo like Kris was and if so how did they do?

Im too tall to act small.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 12:03:34 PM »
Are their any Chris Coleman/Tony Royster Jr. level monsters on the show?

I dont think we will find out till later on during the season they were kinda focusing on that He/She character.

Plus its not about Chops. I have seen a show where i KNOW the drummer could blaze and they just chill and it feels so much better.

Everyone has their own opinions and mine is that this band can be hot without someone destroying the kit. You saw Jamereo, the cat played nothing out of pocket until they told him to and when he did it was blazing but he waited till he was asked. Im sure later on they will ask some people to step out some like they did that Kristopher dude and they will do a lil somethin. However, i wouldnt be mad if they didnt

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 12:52:43 PM »
Plus its not about Chops. I have seen a show where i KNOW the drummer could blaze and they just chill and it feels so much better.

Everyone has their own opinions and mine is that this band can be hot without someone destroying the kit.

Agreed!

Good ol' Musicianship!!

Offline SneakerHead

• LGM Member

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 01:28:50 PM »
3rd I like that Neko XXL. But I would have to sell my first unborn from my wife I have yet to marry to afford one.
"Style changes, but self-expression is consistent."
                    -Pharrell Williams

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »
3rd I like that Neko XXL. But I would have to sell my first unborn from my wife I have yet to marry to afford one.
I know right!!

Offline musician4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
I dont think we will find out till later on during the season they were kinda focusing on that He/She character.

Everyone has their own opinions and mine is that this band can be hot without someone destroying the kit. You saw Jamereo, the cat played nothing out of pocket until they told him to and when he did it was blazing but he waited till he was asked. Im sure later on they will ask some people to step out some like they did that Kristopher dude and they will do a lil somethin. However, i wouldnt be mad if they didnt

I agree that a band can be great without musicians trying to 'kill', but...

...that is if the music they're playing is interesting. I wouldn't exactly call Diddy's music interesting. When you're forced to eat crap, you'd kind of like to have a little extra seasoning on your food to cover up for the fact that you're eating crap.

:D

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »
JOY WILLIAMS got a clip on youtube shedding with EDDIE HEYWARD...she was hanging till EDDIE TOOK OFF LIKE A ROCKET..lol

my boy Kris Brooks is saved and everything...actually him and Joy are COGIC..did ya'll notice she was rocking the jean SKIRT...i seen Kris rock with KIM BURELL a month back and SMASHED...

PLUS the WHITE KEYS GUY, he actually laid keys down on a few Kanye tracks before,matter of fact he produced BITTERSWEET for kanye west..

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »
3rd day they all got the chance to give an solo, but it was kris that took advantage of the oppertunity and showed what an audition really is about

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2009, 11:41:39 AM »
3rd day they all got the chance to give an solo, but it was kris that took advantage of the oppertunity and showed what an audition really is about

Did you see a video of everyones solo??? Because they definately didn't show everyones solo, so there is no way to judge. The only solos I can remember is Joy, Big Chris, and the other dude I forgot his name for drums. The only others is Blake, Jamareo, The other guitarist, the white guy on keys, and there was another lady. So there is no way really judge how everyone's else solo went, and who proved what.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 12:35:41 PM »
I hope they post the footage i.e Behind the scenes.  I know for a fact that there are two monsters under that roof that have yet to be seen.

I beleive that the task that was given to the Keyboard players is something that will only help them in the long run. I have that same book and its no joke.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 12:48:05 PM »
Did you see a video of everyones solo??? Because they definately didn't show everyones solo, so there is no way to judge. The only solos I can remember is Joy, Big Chris, and the other dude I forgot his name for drums. The only others is Blake, Jamareo, The other guitarist, the white guy on keys, and there was another lady. So there is no way really judge how everyone's else solo went, and who proved what.

I agree with you bro. I know Mr. Barnes and Rawbiz did some sick stuff when they told them to let loose. There's only so much you can show in the amount of time that the premiere aired. This is MTV, so they are going to try to get more than musicians to watch the show which is why I think they gave Jaila and others so much attention due to stories when I thought Nina Mac and Amira Perkins(I think that's here name) were the sickest vocalists in my opinion.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2009, 02:44:53 PM »
I agree with you bro. I know Mr. Barnes and Rawbiz did some sick stuff when they told them to let loose. There's only so much you can show in the amount of time that the premiere aired. This is MTV, so they are going to try to get more than musicians to watch the show which is why I think they gave Jaila and others so much attention due to stories when I thought Nina Mac and Amira Perkins(I think that's here name) were the sickest vocalists in my opinion.

Exactly my point!!! Yeah man, I know other musicians and singers who would have shut the stage down during solo time. Especially Tim. Did you here James Andrews and New Seasons album he produced??? He straight murdered it dude!!! So yeah...I have my reasons to where I believe there was some sick stuff being let loose off camera.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »

Yeah man....Chris Kee is like that as well. Dude pocket, timing, and rhythm is sweet. John disciplined him very well, but don't let that fool you, Chris has some sweet chops as well, and he is so original with his. Never repetitive. Time will surely tell though. I was listening to John's "Blessed By Association" album, and Chris knows how to work a band.

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2009, 04:06:40 AM »
DUDE I JUST SAW MY BOY JAMAREO ON THERE FROM BACK IN THE DAY!!!lol awesome

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2009, 05:09:20 AM »
justin brown would have killed this gig on kit. end of story.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »
Are their any Chris Coleman/Tony Royster Jr. level monsters on the show?

...nope!  I think the drum audition would've been over if someone was on that level. lol

...I like Chris Kee.  He'll be top 3.  I'm still shocked that Eric Moore didn't make the cut.  That dude looked like he was already on the band.  Oh yeah, I like that dude Jamareo but Rawbiz is most definetly ready in my opinion.  Blake on guitar gets my vote thus far from what I saw/heard.  Can't wait to see the new episode though.  8)   
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »
i really hate the fact that i know who already won... >:(....but to be honest if ur a musician its not hard to figure out whose gonna be on top...

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »
Kristopher shouldve listen to kev's advice, or he wouldve never went home early

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »
justin brown would have killed this gig on kit. end of story.

nah bro...YOU would've killed on this gig! NO QUESTION ;)
"Give them the truth, so they approach the situation with ammunition."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up