LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Flashback Friday!  (Read 60125 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Flashback Friday!
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »
Yeah, I know today is Tuesday, but Flashback Tuesday didn't sound right... lol.

This morning in the car, I heard "He's a Keeper" (Rodney Bryant) and it took me back to acid-wash jean skirts and white skippies!  :D :D

The other day, an acquaintance of mine was blasting "He's Worthy" (Jonathan Greer).  OMG, I almost brokeded my hip dancing on that one! LOL!

Oh yeah, and the other day, MM04 and I were singing "I'm Glad to Be Alive" by Hez 'Nem. LOL

What other good flashbacks can I put on the record player to get me through the rest of this longgggg day?

And let me give a word of warning now to Bishop2, LF, and Loopy... this ain't no throwback thread, so don't be mentioning no songs from the doggone 60s that don't nobody know except y'all... LOL!
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Flashback Friday!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:29:22 PM »
Yesterday, I heard Hakunna Matata. Took me back to the days of play-doh and chocolate milk.

Those were the days.  :-\ ;D

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »
Yeah, I know today is Tuesday, but Flashback Tuesday didn't sound right... lol.

This morning in the car, I heard "He's a Keeper" (Rodney Bryant) and it took me back to acid-wash jean skirts and white skippies!  :D :D

The other day, an acquaintance of mine was blasting "He's Worthy" (Jonathan Greer).  OMG, I almost brokeded my hip dancing on that one! LOL!

Oh yeah, and the other day, MM04 and I were singing "I'm Glad to Be Alive" by Hez 'Nem. LOL

What other good flashbacks can I put on the record player to get me through the rest of this longgggg day?

And let me give a word of warning now to Bishop2, LF, and Loopy... this ain't no throwback thread, so don't be mentioning no songs from the doggone 60s that don't nobody know except y'all... LOL!

This IS my kinda thread! I just, I mean JUST added Johnathan Greer( He's Worthy and My faith is in Jesus) on my IPOD! Two of my favs.

He's a Keepa, Yes he is!!!! We used to bump that all the time!

My throwback earlier was Just When, by Marvin and Vickie. Whooo Lawd!

Incognegro

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
Right now I'm listening to "Tell Jesus", Chicago Mass.   :)

Incognegro

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 01:41:06 PM »
One of the greatest albums I've ever heard:

Marvin Winans and The Perfected Praise Choir: Introducing Perfected Praise.

WHOOOOO!

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.myspace.com/mr_engram

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

OK, lemme make a clarifima-cation! I don't do 60's gospel! That is ALL Bishop2! I'm good for gospel that came out DURING MY LIFETIME (particularly 80's and 90's gospel)!  :D

You know I could probably name 100+ flashback songs, but I've been on an old school Thomas Whitfield kick lately. I was jammin' to "Lift Those Hands and Bless Him" with Vanessa Bell Armstrong, and "The Grass Withereth" with Karen Clark-Sheard the other day. Thomas was a GENIUS!

Some other good "flashbacks" is "Over And Over", "Great Things" and "There Is No Failure" by Rev. Milton Brunson and the Tommies. Heck, take your pick of any of Tommies song from the 80s!

And don't forget the late, great O'LANDA DRAPER!! Pick any of his songs, but particularly those choir "jams" like "Hallelujah, He Abides", "Gotta Feelin'", and "Jeremiah's Groove"!

GOTTA LOVE FLASHBACKS! That's when gospel was "real"!  ;D

Romans 1:16

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 01:49:42 PM »
OK, lemme make a clarifima-cation! I don't do 60's gospel! That is ALL Bishop2! I'm good for gospel that came out DURING MY LIFETIME (particularly 80's and 90's gospel)!  :D

You know I could probably name 100+ flashback songs, but I've been on an old school Thomas Whitfield kick lately. I was jammin' to "Lift Those Hands and Bless Him" with Vanessa Bell Armstrong, and "The Grass Withereth" with Karen Clark-Sheard the other day. Thomas was a GENIUS!

Some other good "flashbacks" is "Over And Over", "Great Things" and "There Is No Failure" by Rev. Milton Brunson and the Tommies. Heck, take your pick of any of Tommies song from the 80s!

And don't forget the late, great O'LANDA DRAPER!! Pick any of his songs, but particularly those choir "jams" like "Hallelujah, He Abides", "Gotta Feelin'", and "Jeremiah's Groove"!

:D :D :D To quote Nessa, 'Put down your spoon.'  :D :D :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 01:52:25 PM »

*_______________* I gotta feelin...everythang's gonna be alrigghhtt! My brother wore out Jeremiah's Groove. I can't find that Cd for nothing! Definitley gotta get that again.

Over and Over! My favorite Tommies song. That  and In My Name. And Alright, He'll Make it Alright. Oh, and Rest for the Weary.  :D

I LOVE THIS Topic. Keep naming more so I can take a trip down memory lane. LOL!

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »
I have like no gospel in my ipod, RJ can attest to that :D

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »
One of the greatest albums I've ever heard:

Marvin Winans and The Perfected Praise Choir: Introducing Perfected Praise.

WHOOOOO!

Dude. Do you know I have LITERALLY never taken that CD out of rotation since I first bought it back in '94?  I literally continue to play it on the regular...

That CD is the business!!!!

Ok, how about you named all the O'Landa songs I *DON'T* like... lol.  I love O'Landa, but not those...  :-\

And I gotta agree with you on the Milton Brunson tip... he is one of the few artists whose CDs may have ONE track that I'll skip (if one, at all). 

*_______________* I gotta feelin...everythang's gonna be alrigghhtt! My brother wore out Jeremiah's Groove. I can't find that Cd for nothing! Definitley gotta get that again.

Over and Over! My favorite Tommies song. That  and In My Name. And Alright, He'll Make it Alright. Oh, and Rest for the Weary.  :D

I LOVE THIS Topic. Keep naming more so I can take a trip down memory lane. LOL!

Speaking of which... "Take a Trip" by my brother, B. Chase Williams & ShaBach!!!
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Incognegro

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »
Dude. Do you know I have LITERALLY never taken that CD out of rotation since I first bought it back in '94?  I literally continue to play it on the regular...

That CD is the business!!!!

It's timeless.  If it was released today it would still make money.

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
It's timeless.  If it was released today it would still make money.

I LOVE the arrangement of "Jesus Saves" on that CD. It's oh-so Detroit/Winans!

Anybody else on here remember Lawrence Matthews ("Savior Do Not Pass Me By")? Also, anything on John P. Kee's VERY FIRST album "Yes Lord."

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »
I'm lookin' fuh a miracle.... That joint had me goin' the other day!

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 09:35:15 PM »

Anybody else on here remember Lawrence Matthews ("Savior Do Not Pass Me By")? Also, anything on John P. Kee's VERY FIRST album "Yes Lord."
Lawrence lives out this way, he was supposed to sing at our GospelFest, but I guess he flaked.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »
I remember Lawrence and that song (we sang at least 3 variations of it over the years).

I LOVVVE "I'm lookin for a miracle..." and most any old TCS stuff.

And Loop, "Jesus Saves" is my LEAST FAVORITE SONG ON THAT CD!!! I may have played it 3 times, compared to the 3000 times I've played the rest of the CD. I hate the "dum, dum dummmm" ::). The only part I half-way like is when he says "now if you're a liar, or a cheater, don't leave; Jesus saves!" LOL!!!! That always made me chuckle. :-\

Offline Loopy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
And Loop, "Jesus Saves" is my LEAST FAVORITE SONG ON THAT CD!!! I may have played it 3 times, compared to the 3000 times I've played the rest of the CD. I hate the "dum, dum dummmm" ::). The only part I half-way like is when he says "now if you're a liar, or a cheater, don't leave; Jesus saves!" LOL!!!! That always made me chuckle. :-\

Geez. I'm just striking out all over the place with you on this thread, ain't I?  :-\ :D :D

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
OH, and in the chatroom, TJ played "He'll Bring You Out" and sent me in!

Somebody told me
     He'll lift your burdens
When you get in trouble
     He'll bring you out

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 09:49:19 PM »
Yes, you are. Now go to bed and try again tomorrow. *angry smiley*

LOL!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »

Too easy.  :D

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 07:12:47 AM »

That Lawrence Matthews CD was THE BOMB!

I needa blessing don't pass me by!

I LOVE every song on that CD...but the one I listen to the most is Let Jesus Fix It for You. I still have that cd.
Did you hear that he and Daryl Coley are cousins? I bet they will tear a family reunion up!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up