LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Tools problem  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Man-a-God

• LGM Member

Pro Tools problem
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:35:32 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has probably been brought up before, but I bought my protools system a while back, and the installation went haywire. Normally, I'm not good with computer software installation anyways... But, everytime I try to open protools it says to install the hardware with it. But when I try to do that it tells me that protools has already been installed and it has to be uninstalled for it to be reinstalled!
It's confusing! I try to go to the website for questions but it doesn't make sense to me. That's why i'm asking you guys. If you could give me some advice I'll would really appreciate it!

I have something else to ask to. Since my protools system isn't working right now, I'm recording with my digital recording studio. I have a BR-900CD. It's good, but it's not PROTOOLS! Anyways, I did manage to install Arturia Analog Factory as a standalone plugin. Whenever I send the output from the computer to my digital recording studio i get a good bit of "fuzzy noise" along with it! I've checked the input levels and all that. It helps a little but I want everything to sound completely clean. Any suggestions?
God is up to somethin'

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

Re: Pro Tools problem
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »
Can you provide some additional info?  I'd like to know what Pro Tools hardware are you using? Mbox, Digi002, etc.  What version of PT? Mac or PC?
Have you been on the Digi user conference site?  There's a lot of useful info out there.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline Man-a-God

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
Sorry it tooks so long... but, I have a Mbox2 mini, Protools 7.4, and a some more plug-ins.
God is up to somethin'

Offline TheReturn

• LGM Member
  • Me In My ZONE!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 03:21:08 PM »
Sorry it tooks so long... but, I have a Mbox2 mini, Protools 7.4, and a some more plug-ins.

What I would do is TOTALLY uninstall all of the digi hardware and software and start over from the top... But I'm not THAT into protools so this may be the wrong way to go... I'm sure Marcus (themidiroom) could help you... He's a PT GENIUS!!!!!!! lol

HOLLA
CATRON/TheReturn
TRANSPOSING IS FOR CHEATERS. (thats why i want to quit)

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 07:41:13 AM »
What I would do is TOTALLY uninstall all of the digi hardware and software and start over from the top...
That's what I would do also.  I'm assuming this is a Windows computer.  Pro tools should install the driver for the mbox during the install.  If you already have a driver loaded, this could be causing your problem.
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline Man-a-God

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 03:14:54 PM »
Oh thanks for the help. I'll try it out and see if it works.
God is up to somethin'

Offline Kevykev388

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:38:21 PM »
sounds like you made the same mistake i  made when i first installed mine.....somewhere in the booklet and durin the first stages of installation it clearly states....NOT to hook up the interface until prompted by the disc....maybe this will help
Keys, bass, drums, trombone, I sing a lil bit too lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up