LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Be a part of my new web page!  (Read 1278 times)

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

Be a part of my new web page!
« on: August 02, 2009, 10:25:05 PM »
I'm trying to put together some web pages that can be good resources for choir directors.  I have one right now that I would like for people to contribute suggestions to.

It will be a collection of "one-rehearsal" choir songs.  In other words, when you're in a situation (like a conference or convention, for example) where you have to prepare a choir to sing that very same day and you only get one rehearsal, what songs can you teach that will be super easy for a choir to learn (no fumbling and forgetting when it comes time to sing) and will still be a blessing to the service?  Each of us probably knows some songs that we can share with each other to expand all of our teaching repertoires.

I've got the web page up with a few songs on it.  Check it out and add some ideas.

http://www.squidoo.com/one-rehearsal-choir-songs

Thanks.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Be a part of my new web page!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:54:31 PM »
Good concept - but maybe you should have a list of 'one-rehearsal' songs that don't require soloists - for youth and other starting-out choirs...

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:23:59 AM »
Good concept - but maybe you should have a list of 'one-rehearsal' songs that don't require soloists - for youth and other starting-out choirs...

I can see your point.  "With lead" and "without lead" might be a better way to group the songs than "famous" and "not famous".

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 06:59:40 AM »
for youth and other starting-out choirs...

On further thought, I think the question of working with starting-out choirs deserves a web page of its own!  Working with a choir that's just beginning to develop their skills is really a whole different issue than working with a choir that already has the typical choir skills but has limited rehearsal time.

You've sparked me to get back to the woodshed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up