LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making His Band Part 2  (Read 41311 times)

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

Making His Band Part 2
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »
...I'm shocked about a lot.  What do yall think? 
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

Re: Making His Band Part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:14:03 PM »
drama already ?? ..
if i was big kris, i wouldve had some words for Mike.
i just didnt like seeing him saying wut he saying..
THEN STILL GOT HIS WAY AT THE END???

be greatful that your there to begin with and know that YOUR talented isnt what got you in the house. it was all god's will and if i had a problem with one of the fellow musician id try to help him first b4 talkin about him to anotha person. whether they are musically trained or self-taught.
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline CurtisJRDrums

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:17:13 PM »
really didn't see much playing like last episode but this episode has inspired me to pick back up the books cause i've been lazy!!!!!1

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:26:33 PM »
drama already ?? ..
if i was big kris, i wouldve had some words for Mike.
i just didnt like seeing him saying wut he saying..
THEN STILL GOT HIS WAY AT THE END???

be greatful that your there to begin with and know that YOUR talented isnt what got you in the house. it was all god's will and if i had a problem with one of the fellow musician id try to help him first b4 talkin about him to anotha person. whether they are musically trained or self-taught.

...I knew it wasn't going to be long before there was drama. lol  That didn't look too good for Mike though.

...I think that he should've stuck to the keys cause it looked like Rob believed in him and wanted him to suceed.  He just didn't believe in himself.  I smelled that fear through the T.V.

really didn't see much playing like last episode but this episode has inspired me to pick back up the books cause i've been lazy!!!!!1

...I feel you on that one man.  I start lessons again in 3 wks. so yeah, time to get crackin'.

...yo, the whole, "I just play and never took a lesson" thing got "SHUT DOWN!"

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:27:13 PM »
like kris told me a few weeks ago when we was in ihop..lol he remembers where he comes from, he knows wheres he's going and he knows who's he serving....BUT THAT MIKE..OH HE GOT HIS COMING FO SHO!!

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 10:40:32 PM »
I mean its a whole lot we don't see....from what the episode looked like a lot of cats agreed wit what mike was sayin...they would have just went about it differently. And honestly the dude Mike had valid points...just a sucky attitude....
Keep It Funky

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »
them other dudes was instigating the situation. They didnt have to go back and tell Kris everything the mike said.

Offline robdown

• LGM Member
  • Beats.
    • Reverb Nation

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »
The Mike dude seems selfish and shady....won't last long IMHO.

Jamareo put some soul into that exercise!!! LOL

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »

Jamareo put some soul into that exercise!!! LOL

Yeah man.

But some of them keyboard players........you can tell they didnt practice at all. I was sitting at the piano while watching it and that exercise is not that hard

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 11:31:52 AM »
in alllll honesty i would of threw mike into the pool for trying me like that...

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »
I don't really watch it...
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 12:07:21 PM »
I don't really watch it...

...you should've seen it last night doc'.  It was a reality check. Cats got shown the real side of being a "professional working musician" last night.  :o

Offline xcalybur32

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 12:12:50 PM »
I knew it, I knew it!! I knew the real Mike was going to show up.  That man is so so talented and yet so so immature.  He still got some life learning to do.  I was hoping when he left Glen Burnie YES Glen Burnie not Baltimore that he would get his mind on the same level as his gift.  Even in school we had to deal with this same thing. I want him to do good so at least we can add Mike to that short list of GB talent that made it big other than Zappa but it's clear his mindset isn't ready for that yet.

Please for me keep him in your prayers.....

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
like kris told me a few weeks ago when we was in ihop..lol he remembers where he comes from, he knows wheres he's going and he knows who's he serving....BUT THAT MIKE..OH HE GOT HIS COMING FO SHO!!

oh best believe when his season come he gon forget all bout that audition! lol .. cuz he wasnt a bad drummer at all.. he jus lacked a little in the reading area jus the most of us church drummers..
i think if he keep on with the reading [afta the show] .. he gon be dope.!
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »
C'mon yall.  Did you really think it was about putting a band together?  Anything from the MTB/MHB franchise with Diddy's name on it is all about the drama.  The CD releases at the end is just his personal payoff.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »
I think rob lewis and the rest of the judges chose exercises that were not difficult. all it took was a little bit of time and effort.  It was an exercise to separate the lazy from the hungry. Like Kris didn't practice it really and they could tell so he was eliminated.  You could tell they was mad cuz so many people performed poorly. 
I also feel mike was wrong for his approach but, I agree that Kris could've puta little more effort into learning the excercise.
I am starting to get aggravated by the show and how it has chosen people to follow and completely disregard those who seem less interesting even if there is a good chance they will make the band.  Like Tim Rawbiz for example. On the first show when they were choosing who to bring in the house they clearly said that Tim was the best bassist but, we dont know that. Because Jamareo is getting all the attention.  Jamareo is good too.  His timing can be a little off at times but he is solid.  I find it strange how the dina chick made it into the finals over more talented drummers. 
you got to hear numbers

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »
Believe me dude, Rawbiz is going to be alright.  He is a working bassist with a very nice resume, and he isn't going to bow down or act a fool up in there so the cameras won't pay him any mind until it's time to really get busy.  The producers of the show want to capture those that are willing to do whatever for some attention.  they do the some thing on these "finding love" shows.  It's going to get more foolish as the weeks go on.

It's television people.  The should really call this show "As the Diddy Turns" or "The Young and the Diddy."
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »
To the above post....EXACTLY!!!!!
Like the whole clapping out exercises and stuff were things I did in music class as a child before I even started to read drum music...the kinda of stuff they were doin wasn't nothin but the ability to freakin count....1 e & a...know ya rests and put the note where it belongs....I mean dude was nice but this is a prime example of where the old school 'god done blessed me I don't need no formal help' mentality comes back and bites you
Keep It Funky

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:34 PM »
Believe me dude, Rawbiz is going to be alright.  He is a working bassist with a very nice resume, and he isn't going to bow down or act a fool up in there so the cameras won't pay him any mind until it's time to really get busy.  The producers of the show want to capture those that are willing to do whatever for some attention.  they do the some thing on these "finding love" shows.  It's going to get more foolish as the weeks go on.

It's television people.  The should really call this show "As the Diddy Turns" or "The Young and the Diddy."

:D
"Give them the truth, so they approach the situation with ammunition."

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »
To the above post....EXACTLY!!!!!
Like the whole clapping out exercises and stuff were things I did in music class as a child before I even started to read drum music...the kinda of stuff they were doin wasn't nothin but the ability to freakin count....1 e & a...know ya rests and put the note where it belongs....I mean dude was nice but this is a prime example of where the old school 'god done blessed me I don't need no formal help' mentality comes back and bites you

...man, I've been on Rob Lewis' Youtube Channel checking his Vlog stuff.  This guy is dropping "Real Knowledge Gems" to the masses. (Youtube - MISOMAdigital)  Like he says, "This is surreus." lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up