LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making His Band Part 2  (Read 41325 times)

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

Re: Making His Band Part 2
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2009, 11:13:29 AM »
Its mind numbing to me that most of you guys are defending Kris........at the end of the day Kris is responsible for Kris

Kris seem to put out there im a gospel chopper so take it or leave it and he got left behind.

Mike Moore brought up his opinions about kris's playing just like we are here blogging about them.....what i respect about mike moore is he didnt back away from what he was saying about kris to kris

kris did not act professionally as a musician nor as a person during the confrontation

from what was shown on the show i didnt see mike beg anyone to switch him on drums, he was asked and he made a choice......also i did see like someone else here mention he put effort into his excerises on keys, whereas kris started off the 1 from jump

during his solo that was highlighted or anything else i have heard from kris is anything special that i dont hear from the numerous gospel choppers around the world.

being professional means at the end of the day no matter what events take that change any situation i still have to handle myself in a positive manner and make good choices

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2009, 12:32:59 PM »
First of all, I don't see why Eric Moore didn't make it. Their is not one person on that show that I can say is a better drummer than Eric Moore. I don't know if Eric Moore can read, but even if he CAN'T - he OBVIOUSLY wouldn't be the only person on the show that can't read. It's not a skill he can't pick up relatively quickly, anyway. It'd be ton's easier for Eric Moore to learn to read, than for someone who can read only, to learn to play like Eric Moore.

At the same time, I find this whole show comical. Diddy's assistant's are acting all high and mighty like they're auditioning musician's for a Miles Davis quartet.  ::) None of these guys are upper-tier technician's/theoretician's, so it should be expected that they'd be lacking significantly in some area's. Not to mention, you get back what you put out. Can't exactly expect Thomas Lang - or someone of that caliber - to show up for a Mr. "I don't write rhymes, I write checks!" audition(Then again, CC is playing for dang-blasted 'NKOTB'  :D ).

I feel that dude is partly responsible for Black popular music becoming a shell of it's former self. He's not solely to blame, but he definitely played a significant role.

LOL! Good point

It's a TV show. That's about as serious as I'm taking it. Does anyone think Eric Moore or Kris is hurting right now from not MHB? No, They will still get gigs and they will still get calls. Please don't say that's not what the show is about. If MHB measures greatness then Rawbiz and others shouldn't have even went there because their talent is already beyond what that music brings.

It's MTV ladies and gentlemen...90% of the music MTV promotes and plays is not even related to real music and musicians, but rather looks, women, loops, MPC's, and autotune in my opinion. It's entertaining though and that's Diddy's and MTV's goal. There are some musical beast on this show but in all reality the show is not about them. At the end of the day it's all about Diddy and MTV.

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »
First of all, I don't see why Eric Moore didn't make it. Their is not one person on that show that I can say is a better drummer than Eric Moore. I don't know if Eric Moore can read, but even if he CAN'T - he OBVIOUSLY wouldn't be the only person on the show that can't read. It's not a skill he can't pick up relatively quickly, anyway. It'd be ton's easier for Eric Moore to learn to read, than for someone who can read only, to learn to play like Eric Moore.

At the same time, I find this whole show comical. Diddy's assistant's are acting all high and mighty like they're auditioning musician's for a Miles Davis quartet.  ::) None of these guys are upper-tier technician's/theoretician's, so it should be expected that they'd be lacking significantly in some area's. Not to mention, you get back what you put out. Can't exactly expect Thomas Lang - or someone of that caliber - to show up for a Mr. "I don't write rhymes, I write checks!" audition(Then again, CC is playing for dang-blasted 'NKOTB'  :D ).

I feel that dude is partly responsible for Black popular music becoming a shell of it's former self. He's not solely to blame, but he definitely played a significant role.

I honestly can see where eric moore wouldn't fit on this show...he can bllllaaaaaaaaaazzzzzeeeeeee chops for years. But obviously that's NOT what they wanted (or Kris would still be there).  Kris ain't get cut for not knowin how to read he got cut for effort.  All the judges even said if they were goin by who did what no one would have made it. 

Its kinda like when u got the super flashy dude playin pg. A team like the spurs will pick a less talented player, but a player who fits their needs better therefore will be a better choice in the long run
Keep It Funky

Offline musician4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2009, 02:47:20 PM »
I honestly can see where eric moore wouldn't fit on this show...he can bllllaaaaaaaaaazzzzzeeeeeee chops for years. But obviously that's NOT what they wanted (or Kris would still be there).  Kris ain't get cut for not knowin how to read he got cut for effort.  All the judges even said if they were goin by who did what no one would have made it. 

Its kinda like when u got the super flashy dude playin pg. A team like the spurs will pick a less talented player, but a player who fits their needs better therefore will be a better choice in the long run

When Diddy is telling the drummers to ride unicycles to Beverly Hills to get him some Hungarian Goat Cheese, he'll probably feel a lot better about not making the cut.

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2009, 04:23:42 PM »

When Diddy is telling the drummers to ride unicycles to Beverly Hills to get him some Hungarian Goat Cheese, he'll probably feel a lot better about not making the cut.

;D

lest we forget the Cambodian breast milk
"Give them the truth, so they approach the situation with ammunition."

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2009, 07:37:08 PM »

Sugar Cookie?

;D

lest we forget the Cambodian breast milk

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2009, 10:15:40 AM »
OK, last night Diddy claimed that this upcoming album of his is innovative.  Last I checked, in order to be an innovator, you have to do it first.  From what I'm hearing so far, Kanye West has already done this with his current project which touches a lot on the electronica tip and uses AutoTune on every tune, which you already know is all T-Pain who Diddy has hung pretty tight with.  If you look on YouTube, you will find a few clips of Diddy hanging with T-Pain in the studio and I figured that Diddy was about to jump on the AutoTune train(To Paris).  Diddy is just going for an international audience and a new musical demographic since it worked for Kanye.  Might be a good thing that he's calling this his last album in case it doesn't go over well. 

As far as the eliminations last night, Alex should have been the first one to go.  I really think they let him in that house solely for contrast.  Just go ahead and give Blake the guitar spot already.  Joy did what the track called for, but they chose to call her out for sticking to the script which they stressed when they made the assignment.  But hey, they're the judges.  I personally didn't see her mess anything up, she just kept it straight, and it wouldn't have fit if she went all out.  Now J. Sweet was rather smug last night and it cost him.

I'm kinda seeing that Lynette is not emotionally ready for this despite her talent.  She can't walk out on Diddy like she is so quick to do with everybody else.  She may get the boot next if she doesn't suck it up and learn to bite her tongue.  Most people who mouth off usually wind up shooting themselves in the foot as illustrated by J. Sweet, so just let it ride. They were also kind of wrong for getting on Brockett for sequencing when he was the only board player while every other group had two.  Give him the benefit of the doubt.  More than likely Brockett is not going to make it to the end because he just doesn't gel on the personality end and I'm pretty sure Diddy wants "cool" people around him for this tour. 

Oh, and Group #4 was the best one to me last night even though #1 put it down too.  Group #4 nailed the feel of "Take On Me" to a "T" even though it's older than most of them.

Next week should be very interesting now that the singers come in.  Jaila is about to show out.  I need to do some neck exercises, because I'm sure I'm going to be shaking my head A LOT come next week.

When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
I forgot to watch it last nite. I'll try to watch it online tonight

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 12:57:19 PM »
my man hit it on the head about diddy lol...I was thinkin the same thing....like uh KANYE....

As far as the eliminations...I'm kinda indifferent....keyboard player deserved the boot cuz he was mad cocky...and Joy is my homie...we go to college and all together...but she honestly got caught slippin. Like, its hard to explain. Because she did play what the track called for she didn't look confident AT ALL...its like cuz she was out of her comfort zone and because of that she let her discomfort show...

And they been huge on 'swagg' the whole show...like they want you to kill but they want you to be cool too (which is amazing seeing that corny guitar guy is still alive lol)...

And the last group wit the 2 drummers BLAZED....omg omg omg....I was diggin the whole thing....
Keep It Funky

Offline fasthands

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2009, 01:21:35 AM »
A lot of people want to beat up on mike, How can you judge someone based off cameras. But on the real, For one its tv. Mike is not like that in real life, He's one of the most coolest, Humblest musicians out their. Second it'a competition. Mike is a highly respected musician, His music resume speaks for it's self. Now I agree his approach was totally wrong, but the point was valid. No disrespect to kris, because he's a monster.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2009, 06:33:25 AM »
Based upon what I saw, keeping in mind that its MTV;

Lynette needs to get tougher skin. Period!

Dude may have needed to be humbled but he was dope. 
Im too tall to act small.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 07:21:03 AM »

Oh, and Group #4 was the best one to me last night even though #1 put it down too.  Group #4 nailed the feel of "Take On Me" to a "T" even though it's older than most of them.

Next week should be very interesting now that the singers come in.  Jaila is about to show out.  I need to do some neck exercises, because I'm sure I'm going to be shaking my head A LOT come next week.

Cosign on both points. Group 4 tore it up. Group 1 was good, but 4...on point.

I saw the preview for next week. Its gonna be good. I think 2 of the judges have some words for eachother. 

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2009, 02:42:29 AM »
I will again bring up the wisdom of Elvin Jones, "You cannot have freedom without boundaries." This is a mainstream pop gig opportunity which requires a certain skillset which heavily entails discipline. It is not about the monster that ate Manhattan... It is about the ant storing up for the winter.

Simply put come to a gig prepared and ready to learn. They are looking for soldiers with Swagg, period. This is BaddBoy making a run for the Super Bowl with a new team. Real franchise players step up... real franchise players don't cry... Real franchise players come back after getting cut.

Let's see what happens.

Watching episode 3 and then reading the comments here leaves me thinking that a lot of folks here may never play a major gig. Skin to thin, lack ambition to be great which hinders work ethic and swagga (confidence)jump out. MTV or not this is a real opportunity. In a lot of cases there is less drama on MHB than at a lot of choir/praise team reheasals, truth be told. The problems we see on display on the show are the same ones that show up at the local church e'ry week. Fix it on the front end and it won't be hanging out the back end (as my momma says). We have to be bold enough to dare to affect change on the landscape in the public forum errecting a new standard.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline porkpiepoppa

• LGM Member
  • i can do ALL things phil 4:13*

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2009, 05:38:26 AM »
i also think the reason they kept alex is because if you notice there are 4 groups.... but only 4 guitar players are left... i think this show is super staged... i think the reason why they asked mike more if he was sure because they already knew chris kee was going to be the drummer... just like lately they have been showing more from tim rawbiz.. hes going to be the bass player dont ask me how i know... but i can 100% gauruntee chris kee and tim rawbiz....inside source.... thats why they wanted mike moore to stay on keys because he had more of a chance... thats what my friend was telling me.. there is ALOT of politics going on .. on that show.. like alot more people then you think screwed up on the exercises that they didnt show.. i think there is more to it rather then skill.. thats just me tho..
<!-- Copied from MySpace.com -->
Find me on MySpace a

Offline JrDADrumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2009, 09:08:35 AM »
i also think the reason they kept alex is because if you notice there are 4 groups.... but only 4 guitar players are left... i think this show is super staged... i think the reason why they asked mike more if he was sure because they already knew chris kee was going to be the drummer... just like lately they have been showing more from tim rawbiz.. hes going to be the bass player dont ask me how i know... but i can 100% gauruntee chris kee and tim rawbiz....inside source.... thats why they wanted mike moore to stay on keys because he had more of a chance... thats what my friend was telling me.. there is ALOT of politics going on .. on that show.. like alot more people then you think screwed up on the exercises that they didnt show.. i think there is more to it rather then skill.. thats just me tho..

So Chris Kee over Mike Moore huh? Interesting. Must have been his attitude, because playing-wise, he's the best drummer there in my opinion (Mike Moore that is). But whatever. It's MTV. Lol.  :D ;) 8)
Just play music...

Offline robdown

• LGM Member
  • Beats.
    • Reverb Nation

« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2009, 07:08:02 AM »
I thought the final band was going to be selected during a live show at the end of the series?? Who are these " inside sources" that aleady know the chosen 1's?

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2009, 08:22:59 AM »
I feel like I don't even know whats going on anymore with this show...They contradict themselves all the time saying play with swag, read with swag, yet do everything verbatim...They play favorites basically naming people to parts and excepting certain things from certain people but never cutting any slack when all the parts aren't there for others...They hardley ever anything positive to say because it's Diddy and he's trying to come up with something new that's actually already been done before...Then, the more I watch the more I'm saying to myself...dang, Im glad thats not me...And the worst part is..................................... ..........I LOVE IT!!!             

The way I see it...I'll be in front of the TV everytime this show is aired, and no i don't agree with everything they do and how they conduct certain things but I always have to keep in mind...This is MTV, and more importantly this is Diddy. I guess my biggest issue witth the show is that I think a lot of the cuts are premature. Ol' buddy Jswiss of whatever his name was on keys held things together for his band although he was a bit cocky. Homegirl on keys was good stuff and a respectable person as well but lets be honest...who out of the two would have a better chance of surviving Diddy and all that he asks for...Dude who's a leader with tough skin who can learn to be more of a team player, or shorty who can play but who has to leave the room everytime someone talks down to her...Diddy's not going to be lite on her because she's a chick...Its prolly going to be the opposite way around because she's now the only one on the house playing and instrument, so the spotlight is on her               
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2009, 04:41:14 PM »
I thought the final band was going to be selected during a live show at the end of the series?? Who are these " inside sources" that aleady know the chosen 1's?

All of the auditions were in March '09, and I'm guessing they were probably in the house around the beginning of April.  So it's probably all over anyway and they just have to let the show run it's course like many other reality shows.  The participants are usually contractually sworn to secrecy from revealing the outcome if they know it themselves until they do the live finale show. 

Now Diddy is premiering a show tonight called P. Diddy's Starmaker.  It is another "competition" based show with the winner getting what else?  A recording contract with Bad Boy Records.  Of course they have to live in a mansion with all of the usual drama outside of the music.  This pretty much shows that this formula is all Diddy has to offer now on the music front as far as obtaining new artists.  All he has left on the Bad Boy roster is Day 26 from what I can see, and all of the artists that made him famous years ago are looooong gone.  You can't get mad at him for going with what works and makes him basically free money.  It aint like he's hurting for anything either.

A businessman can only do business as long he has customers willing to patronize him.  And so many people are blindly hungry for a chance at stardom and will knowingly get into the swamp with the gators wearing a meat suit if it can get them some kind of fame in the end.  I'm really not interested and will probably skip this one. 

And once again, I really won't be surprised at all if Nisan Stewart is on the kit for this tour.   
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »

ur inside source is wrong buddy..cuz tim rawbiz didnt make the final cut..but HEY keep watching.lol

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2009, 10:52:14 AM »
ur inside source is wrong buddy..cuz tim rawbiz didnt make the final cut..but HEY keep watching.lol
BLASPHEMY!!! *THROWS SHOES AT COMPUTER SCREEN!!*

YOU WHISTLE BLOWER!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

LOL!!

Im too tall to act small.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up