LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making His Band Part 2  (Read 41320 times)

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

Re: Making His Band Part 2
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »

please pm me who this is, me and c. brown are trying to figure it out .........lol

LOL! I'll tell you the complete story in person next time I see you.

Agree, but if Nina's voice left her after just 3 or 4 days of working it hard, she probably would have problems on tour.

I'm sure she would have no problems on tour. I just think being hoarse got her at the wrong time and she shouldn't have rehearsed, but she would've looked selfish. The situation was bring it right now or go home. Sore throats happen, she should have rested her voice. Somebody said she did BGV's for American Idol(not 100% sure but thats what I heard) so I'm sure she's capable. It was simply not meant for her at the time and the way Romeo acted I wouldn't be suprised to see her back there again before the show is over.

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »

It was simply not meant for her at the time and the way Romeo acted I wouldn't be suprised to see her back there again before the show is over.

Right! He was in Cake Mode! Sounds like a little "Me and Mrs. Jones" thing goin' on.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline JazzJunkie

• LGM Member
  • A Great Legend

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2009, 04:12:28 PM »
I think they should have let Romeo pick the singers,because he is a well known vocal coach  and  he has train some of the best in the business. the other people on the panel are  just instrumentalist.
Take What U Know And Use It To The Glory Of God.

<JazzJunkie>

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2009, 06:34:29 PM »
I think they should have let Romeo pick the singers,because he is a well known vocal coach  and  he has train some of the best in the business. the other people on the panel are  just instrumentalist.

I dont quite agree just on the fact that when you hire a band in a pro setting that usually not always but most times include BGV's for ex. the BGV singers you see on american idol was hired by ricky minor himself and i have never heard him sing..............lol

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2009, 07:21:04 PM »
Let's not be the least bit surprised if Nina winds up coming back.  Tonight is gonna be whack because it's going to be about Lynette getting her feelings hurt by some guy that she likes that aint feeling the same way.  Why even entertain that when it's all about the music?  It's called Making His Band not Musicians Falling In Love.  I wouldn't step to any of those females because I wouldn't want the cameras all up in my bidness like that. 

I just want to see somebody get thrown in the pool. 
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:29 PM »
Ok....that Jason Free dude is baaadd! Lynette is good also, but she....IDK. She kinda brought that on herself IMO. Thaddeus(sp?) is my favorite drummer so far. He's pretty good! I felt bad for the violin guy. Lee. I wanted him to make it.

Offline sabian juice

• LGM Member

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2009, 10:20:23 PM »
FREE MURKED 2NIGHT!!![/b][/size]
My heart let it please you, my praise let it bless you.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
Tonight was very....MEH!!!!!  Sure, J. Free is very good, but outside of that he could have at least asked Lynette to step outside so they could talk.  Lynette was way to open emotionally and came across as desperate especially in the club.  Even I could tell that J. Free was not feeling her.  But nooooooo, she kept on talking to everybody about it like they were supposed to step in on her behalf or something.  Lynette just made herself look really silly especially when she was reacting to his playing.  She almost seems to really be in love with his playing and not the man.  Once again, I feel as if Mike contradicted himself by making the statement, "I'm not all about me BUT I am the most musical drummer in the house."  Um, that means it's all about you in your mind.

Diddy will be there next week and now the real show begins.  I like the engineer and how he handled Diddy by not saying anything when he was talking all of that noise.  That was all for the camera.  I mean Diddy is so important that someone had to hand him his hat as he left the studio?  You can't hold your own hat?   

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »
I'm also still tripping off of how there are quite a few that have made it this far and we still don't know their names because they're not getting any kind of camera time.

Oh, and I think Thaddeus might be the cat to get it in the end.  He's making a move out of the backfield.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »

Diddy will be there next week and now the real show begins.  I like the engineer and how he handled Diddy by not saying anything when he was talking all of that noise.  That was all for the camera.  I mean Diddy is so important that someone had to hand him his hat as he left the studio?  You can't hold your own hat?   

LOL! I saw that mysterious hand come out of nowhere and hand him his hat. I was like daaannng!

Tiptip357

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2009, 10:51:02 PM »

Really? Lynette, really? WhO dOeS tHaT?!

If her reason for being there was to be in the band, then she should've stayed focused and left all that personal drama, eHarmony stuff outside...

...instead, all that foolishness is on tv and some will remember her for that and not her talent...just a mess...just a mess...felt sorry for that chick...

*sigh* I guess I'm still hoping that this program will finally showcase everyone's skill,ya know, the reason why they should be in the house, like, the reason for the show(I think ?/?)...I can't make comparison based on snippets.

well, it's not like I expected something better...just really really hoping, that's all :-\

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »

Really? Lynette, really? WhO dOeS tHaT?!

If her reason for being there was to be in the band, then she should've stayed focused and left all that personal drama, eHarmony stuff outside...

...instead, all that foolishness is on tv and some will remember her for that and not her talent...just a mess...just a mess...felt sorry for that chick...

*sigh* I guess I'm still hoping that this program will finally showcase everyone's skill,ya know, the reason why they should be in the house, like, the reason for the show(I think ?/?)...I can't make comparison based on snippets.

well, it's not like I expected something better...just really really hoping, that's all :-\

:D :D :D :D I was talking to the tv like....HE don't wanna dance with you! Move on.
She may be leaving soon. I was kinda rooting for her, but she's losing focus.

Tiptip357

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »

:D :D :D :D I was talking to the tv like....HE don't wanna dance with you! Move on.

We must've said it at the same time! LOL! :D I felt bad for her...J cut that chick up! He could've stopped at the first sentence but I guess dude had to make himself clear...no really clear...no really really clear...no really really clear clear clear

but, ya know...she put herself out there...

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2009, 11:21:07 PM »
We must've said it at the same time! LOL! :D I felt bad for her...J cut that chick up! He could've stopped at the first sentence but I guess dude had to make himself clear...no really clear...no really really clear...no really really clear clear clear

but, ya know...she put herself out there...

She just kept going on and on about it.  It could have been a plot by J. Free to knock Lynette off of her focus and it just may have worked because this is going to be on her mind.  Diddy is going to use her emotional nature against her when he rolls up in there. 

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2009, 08:32:43 AM »
I feel like lynette doesnt stand a chance. If you cant handle people who know what they are talking about (like that dude who was in the group with her a couple weeks ago and got eliminated) talking to you any kind of way, what happens when Diddy, who has no clue of what he is talking about comes at you with a whole lot of nonsense. You see how he was treating that producer. The producer handled him the right way. I doubt lynette will. She's probably gone break down and cry. Its funny cause this is a grammy winning producer who can probably just give diddy his money back and not even care. But he is professional. Lynette isnt professional at all, just talented. Someone once said "you playing counts for 25% of you getting hired. The other 75% is personality, work ethic, etc."
you got to hear numbers

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2009, 12:40:04 PM »
the whole week i think the show is stupid till its monday and i cant wait till watch it cuz i be thinking this week its gonna be good...

Tiptip357

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2009, 12:42:12 PM »
the whole week i think the show is stupid till its monday and i cant wait till watch it cuz i be thinking this week its gonna be good...

I know, right?! :D

Offline Mintdakid

• LGM Member
  • I AM just a Vessel!

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2009, 12:59:17 PM »
J Free and Thad really impressed me, I thought Chris was gonna get the Boot last night.. I didn't think Mike was that nice but he's a pretty solid drummer
Organ Training Camp has begun

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »
As i read all the commentary on the drama... blaming Diddy, blaming MTV etc. We have to grow in understanding about the industry. It is 75-90% (depending on who you ask) about the "hang" -a persons ability to hang out, in the house, on the tour bus, vibing with the band/artist whether they get a gig. That being fact it is important to see what baggage they bring to the table.

We live in the day of exposure. Where phone cams and web cams make you famous or infamous. Newspapers and mainstream TV programing are falling to reality shows and online networks. Even concert promotions and record contracts are determined now by online network viewing not the people in the stadium seats. The new demo Vecture Capitalist is the ring-tone.

Keep your eyes and ears open for the lessons of truth amidst the garbage of rating wars.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2009, 09:02:40 AM »
J Free and Thad really impressed me, I thought Chris was gonna get the Boot last night.. I didn't think Mike was that nice but he's a pretty solid drummer

Cosign on everything. I really though Chris was going home too. If he's gonna compete with Thaddeus...he GOTTA step it up!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up