LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making His Band Part 2  (Read 41321 times)

Offline Mintdakid

• LGM Member
  • I AM just a Vessel!

Re: Making His Band Part 2
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »
Yeah J Free got "Caught" lol

Organ Training Camp has begun

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2009, 02:09:03 AM »
I just watched the latest episode online.  All I can do is sigh.

Just tell us who you picked and let move on.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
I just watched the latest episode online.  All I can do is sigh.

Just tell us who you picked and let move on.

I just watched it online too. Wow...One quote I remember...is when "Jaila" said "You just remember I used to be a man!" LOL!! This mess is crazy. I want to say more, but don't want to offend. Ima leave now.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2009, 09:29:49 AM »
I thought Jaila's 2 minutes with Diddy at his home was priceless entertainment.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2009, 09:34:18 AM »

Hilarious!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »

I just watched it online too. Wow...One quote I remember...is when "Jaila" said "You just remember I used to be a man!" LOL!! This mess is crazy. I want to say more, but don't want to offend. Ima leave now.

That's what trips me out more than anything.  "She" wants to be accepted for "what "she" really is," but is real quick to play the man card when it's time to buck up.  Make up your mind. 

Yep, and I wouldn't have paid for it if they did charge something.  Still don't trust Diddy though.  I think he showed a sense of acceptance to get "her" to let "her" guard down.  Then he's going to flip it before it's all over and Jaila will definitely clown.

I also think they were wrong to get rid of the keyboard player that they let go of due to the claim that he looked bored, but the other side of it is when a musician goes off, it can take attention away from the performer out front, and that is no-no #1.  I can bet you anything if he was super-hyped and was all over the place he would have been told to calm down because it wasn't all about him, it was about Diddy.  In fact, isn't that why they got rid of J. Sweet?  He seemed to really be enjoying himself, and they got on his case about not interacting with the other members of the band even though he was feeling the music.  I mean if ole' boy was laid back, then let him be who he is as long as he plays it right.  He seemed like an humble cat to me. 

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2009, 03:55:28 PM »
...I also think they were wrong to get rid of the keyboard player that they let go of due to the claim that he looked bored, but the other side of it is when a musician goes off, it can take attention away from the performer out front, and that is no-no #1.  I can bet you anything if he was super-hyped and was all over the place he would have been told to calm down because it wasn't all about him, it was about Diddy...... 

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching it.  Twice now we have had guitarists just flat out TRIPPIN' (bunny-hop?!?!?  behind the back?!?!?) but they managed to hold on.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2009, 01:12:38 AM »
I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching it.  Twice now we have had guitarists just flat out TRIPPIN' (bunny-hop?!?!?  behind the back?!?!?) but they managed to hold on.

I seen the last episode and ol buddy looked very boring.  He had Rawbiz right behind groovin, Rawbiz was havin a ball.  The same thing with the other board players...they all look like they were having fun.  As a musician, you should never want to take the attention from the artist.  At the same time, you don't want to look bored while your playing.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
the show is starting to get a bit boring..

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »
the show is starting to get a bit boring..
Ditto!! After the episode with the judges arguing, I lost interest. Corny!
Im too tall to act small.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2009, 10:05:05 PM »
If you missed it tonight, don't worry about it.  Do something better with that hour.  Believe me, it will be the best choice. 

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2009, 08:11:32 AM »
If you missed it tonight, don't worry about it.  Do something better with that hour.  Believe me, it will be the best choice. 

ROTFLOL! I'm about to go watch it now. I gotta! I need some entertainment.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2009, 07:10:30 PM »

IDK...I actually enjoyed watching this episode.  It was more about getting ready to perform than all the psuedo-relationship stuff.  Laurie Ann, fine as she may be, talks like she's from a parallel universe.  I just don't understand every other sentence.

I don't understand why the judges / coaches won't address the fact that the singers say they can't hear themselves.  That can be fixed.  Fix it!

I especially loved it when Diddy said he was the worst singer in the room.

FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »
IDK...I actually enjoyed watching this episode.  It was more about getting ready to perform than all the psuedo-relationship stuff.  Laurie Ann, fine as she may be, talks like she's from a parallel universe.  I just don't understand every other sentence.

Laurie Ann is fine and an incredibly talented dancer, but she seems to be quite the diva.  It's a turn-off to me.

I don't understand why the judges / coaches won't address the fact that the singers say they can't hear themselves.  That can be fixed.  Fix it!

That's too easy.  Gotta give the singers some kind of drama.  I wouldn't be surprised if they hide the cymbals from the drum kits and say that the drummers need to find that swagger to be able to play without the cymbals.

I especially loved it when Diddy said he was the worst singer in the room.

At least he knows it.

Well next week is make it or break it for Jaila/Michael.  Told yall Diddy just said what he said last week to get her to let her guard down and stay extra confident.  But in the end, transvestites aint hip-hop OR gangsta and Diddy cannot have that up in his camp because it will cause too much of a distraction.  And the fact the she dresses so ridiculously sometimes doesn't help that fact.  I'm sure there's a spot available on the security team for Jaila. 

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2009, 01:43:07 AM »
I'm sure there's a spot available on the security team for Jaila. 

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! The Chicago Bears are looking for another linebacker since Brian Urlacher is done for the season...LMBO!!! Nah, let me stop tho...Plain and simple he/she/it needs Jesus, cuz thats the only one who can delivier it...
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2009, 03:32:09 AM »
On another note I'm just simply glad that it's not me. Yes I'm sure there's big money involved as well as a reputation for being one of the baddest out there...But my thing is that I can't stand when 2 different people are telling you 2 different things. You have the judges saying "Play verbatim" then you have Diddy saying "Play me some drums like your in a garage".

That's why I give Spanky so much credit. He delt with Diddy strait to his face, and he wasn't in a competion, so he couldn't blame it on the pressure of the race, he just had to buckle down, and kill.

As far as the singers...They really need to adress the sound situation. I know how it is not being able to hear yourself, and it sucks not knowing exactly what your doing. And the dude is an idiot who said you simple need to memorize your breathing and where your diaphram is positioned and allat crap...Cuz that alone isn't going to stop you from going a little sharp or flat, and I guarantee very few if any of those singers have perfect pitch. And the most important point of all is that Charity is soooooooo fine (just thought I'd throw that in there. lol)
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline Mintdakid

• LGM Member
  • I AM just a Vessel!

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2009, 08:17:22 AM »
... Season Finale ... I'm surprised "Bunny Hop" made it to the end..

Organ Training Camp has begun

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
... Season Finale ... I'm surprised "Bunny Hop" made it to the end..

That's purely so that Diddy can humiliate him on camera at least one time.  Blake is the one to beat. or at least he gets my vote

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
Oh, and now that Aston is gone, I could care less about the vocalists.  MAN, she was fine!!!!!!!

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2009, 10:14:20 AM »
If you go onto the mtv website and watch the preview they say that they are picking two drummers between mike moore, chris kee, and thaddeus (dont know his last name). I guess one will be on the electric set and the other will be on the acoustic.  They said they want them to learn from each other.
you got to hear numbers
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up