LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making His Band Part 2  (Read 42089 times)

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Making His Band Part 2
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2009, 11:33:24 AM »
If you go onto the mtv website and watch the preview they say that they are picking two drummers between mike moore, chris kee, and thaddeus (dont know his last name). I guess one will be on the electric set and the other will be on the acoustic.  They said they want them to learn from each other.

I'm thinking Mike and Chris. Thaddeus is bad though.

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »
from watching the preview i think most people liked thaddeus and chris. The said mike moore may cause alot of drama on the tour.
you got to hear numbers

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2009, 02:21:48 AM »
Well, it's all over.  I won't list the selections for those who are waiting to see it online.  They won't be running it again from what I see.  I'll give my opinions when the discussion begins.  But I aint surprised with how it went down.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »
I missed it and its not on the internet. I'll wait a while but, in a week you should let everyone who missed it know because i think that show was probably a ratings disaster and thats why mtv doesnt seem to care much. Only people who would watch are musicians.
you got to hear numbers

Offline JazzJunkie

• LGM Member
  • A Great Legend

« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »
I Saw it also I was a bit surprise at how it went down...Im surprise no one is taking about it.
Take What U Know And Use It To The Glory Of God.

<JazzJunkie>

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2009, 09:03:46 PM »
Just watched it online :-\

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2009, 11:06:16 PM »
I Saw it also I was a bit surprise at how it went down...Im surprise no one is taking about it.

Nobody is talking because it turned into straight GAHBAGE!!!!!!

The final selection was......

Keys - J Free and Brockett
Drums - Chris Kee and Mike Moore
Bass - Jamareo
Vocals - Jaila(the dude chick), and Maureen.  He only picked 2.
No guitar.  He said neither one of them had the soul he needed.  I'm sorry, but Blake was the one.

You know he had to leave some things up in the air.  We'll see somebody else in there when they do a television performance. 

Hopefully this is the last MTB/MHB show.  This thing has run it's course.

When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline brutha28

• LGM Member
  • "Be healed, be delivered, and be set free"

« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2009, 11:28:52 PM »
diddy's label has officially failed...
Steven P.

Peace N' Hairgrease

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2009, 02:34:21 AM »
I think the main problem was switching it to a Saturday night. Most people who would watch it are gigging or just not home on a saturday night

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:39 AM »
I think the main problem was switching it to a Saturday night. Most people who would watch it are gigging or just not home on a saturday night

The switch to Saturday night was a main problem for Diddy but, it was a great solution for MTV.  There is just no way this show could compete with Monday Night Football.

I honestly dont even understand why most of you found this show interesting.  You say you hate it but, you were watching every episode religiously lol.

Why does it matter who plays for Diddy?  Truth is, it doesn't take much skill to play loops.  Truth is, you play more challenging music in church.  Truth is, most of you make more money on sunday than the musicians on that show.  Truth is, that tour will not pay good.  Why?  Because Diddy doesn't have to pay good.  His name is big enough to draw anxious, un-educated and "hype" addicted musicians who are happy as long as everyone "thinks" they are living a great road life, and everyone "thinks" they're getting paid a lot of money. 

And why does everyone assume that these musicians are making so much money?  Why, because Diddy has money?  Because Jay Z has money?  Here is your wake-up call.  McDonald's is a multi-billion dollar company.  Need I say more?  I think I do.  McDonald's employees come and go like tour musicians and their salaries are not too far apart.  Actually, you are better off working at McDonald's because at least your job has stability and you're able to get some form of medical and dental benefits.  The musicians who made the band are at home right now, waiting on a tour that doesn't start till next year.  There will be so much time in-between, that you may not even see that band at all.  It could be an entirley different band.  Why?  Because no one cares anyway.  No one buys a diddy ticket for band members that you cant even see on stage lol.

These are just my efforts to get you guys to see the big picture before you step out there.  This is a small community of gospel drummers who seem to be focused on all the wrong aspects of the music game.  Your actual skill level on your instrument is the fun and easy part.  Making a profitable name for yourself is the hard part.  Making your own band.  Making your own cd, dvd, tour...becoming the artist.

Peace and Love,

Kev

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2009, 08:10:42 AM »
...after the above post:

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2009, 08:14:23 AM »

The switch to Saturday night was a main problem for Diddy but, it was a great solution for MTV.&nbsp; There is just no way this show could compete with Monday Night Football.

I honestly dont even understand why most of you found this show interesting.&nbsp; You say you hate it but, you were watching every episode religiously lol.

Why does it matter who plays for Diddy?&nbsp; Truth is, it doesn't take much skill to play loops.&nbsp; Truth is, you play more challenging music in church.&nbsp; Truth is, most of you make more money on sunday than the musicians on that show.&nbsp; Truth is, that tour will not pay good.&nbsp; Why?&nbsp; Because Diddy doesn't have to pay good.&nbsp; His name is big enough to draw anxious, un-educated and "hype" addicted musicians who are happy as long as everyone "thinks" they are living a great road life, and everyone "thinks" they're getting paid a lot of money.&nbsp;

And why does everyone assume that these musicians are making so much money?&nbsp; Why, because Diddy has money?&nbsp; Because Jay Z has money?&nbsp; Here is your wake-up call.&nbsp; McDonald's is a multi-billion dollar company.&nbsp; Need I say more?&nbsp; I think I do.&nbsp; McDonald's employees come and go like tour musicians and their salaries are not too far apart.&nbsp; Actually, you are better off working at McDonald's because at least your job has stability and you're able to get some form of medical and dental benefits.&nbsp; The musicians who made the band are at home right now, waiting on a tour that doesn't start till next year.&nbsp; There will be so much time in-between, that you may not even see that band at all.&nbsp; It could be an entirley different band.&nbsp; Why?&nbsp; Because no one cares anyway.&nbsp; No one buys a diddy ticket for band members that you cant even see on stage lol.
&nbsp;
These are just my efforts to get you guys to see the big picture before you step out there.&nbsp; This is a small community of gospel drummers who seem to be focused on all the wrong aspects of the music game.&nbsp; Your actual skill level on your instrument is the fun and easy part.&nbsp; Making a profitable name for yourself is the hard part.&nbsp; Making your own band.&nbsp; Making your own cd, dvd, tour...becoming the artist.

Peace and Love,

Kev

And down!
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2009, 08:19:03 AM »
...after the above post:

Wow man I didn't know you had a cd out!!!  Congratulations!!!  :D  Im really feeling that white turtle neck :o :o :o

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2009, 08:34:12 AM »
A black male was found unresponsive at his workstation. His coworkers discoverd him laying on the floor with a smile on his face. He was not breathing. He has been transported via helicopter to the ER. The following image and quote was on his computer screen;

Wow man I didn't know you had a cd out!!! Congratulations!!! :D Im really feeling that white turtle neck :o :o :o

Im too tall to act small.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2009, 09:06:39 AM »

Wow man I didn't know you had a cd out!!!&nbsp; Congratulations!!!&nbsp; :D&nbsp; Im really feeling that white turtle neck :o :o :o

...and DOWN goes Frashu!!

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »
Mcdonalds workers prolly make about $13000 a year. I'm pretty sure musicians make way more than that. If people made more at there church then they would stay there. Can you tell me what church you play for because im moving there right now. Half of the musicians on the show were pros already so they werent even hurt by not getting the gig.  Tim Rawbiz is on the road with Toni Braxton right now. If he makes 13000 a year and he plays custom made MTD basses (not a bass, Basses) that can easily cost over a thousand dollars. You tellin me he spent a months pay on a bass. I mean no disrespect to you, but i honestly disagree with you. I honestly enjoyed the show. I liked watching musicians going through the process of learning and performing. You also received some advice from industry heavyweights like rob lewis and Nisan Stewart. Rob Lewis is actually about to retire in his mid thirties after making about 13-20 thousand a year for about 15 years. He some how is able to live off of that. Its amazing to me.
you got to hear numbers

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
Mcdonalds workers prolly make about $13000 a year. I'm pretty sure musicians make way more than that. If people made more at there church then they would stay there. Can you tell me what church you play for because im moving there right now. Half of the musicians on the show were pros already so they werent even hurt by not getting the gig.  Tim Rawbiz is on the road with Toni Braxton right now. If he makes 13000 a year and he plays custom made MTD basses (not a bass, Basses) that can easily cost over a thousand dollars. You tellin me he spent a months pay on a bass. I mean no disrespect to you, but i honestly disagree with you. I honestly enjoyed the show. I liked watching musicians going through the process of learning and performing. You also received some advice from industry heavyweights like rob lewis and Nisan Stewart. Rob Lewis is actually about to retire in his mid thirties after making about 13-20 thousand a year for about 15 years. He some how is able to live off of that. Its amazing to me.

With all do respect, your statements have no validity.  So without me putting someone's personal business out there, I would suggest that you sit down and talk to a touring musician who will be honest with you.  I just want you to know that the world MTV paints for you is not real.  Its better to get the facts rather than commenting off of assumptions.  It will help you to see things more clearly fam.

Offline JazzJunkie

• LGM Member
  • A Great Legend

« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »
Well, can someone answer this question? Why Would Spanky  leave Tye Tribbett who has one of the BADDEST Bands in the Gospel industry and play for Diddy if he was making little bit of money...there is no way they can pay you little bit of money and you are rehearsing for 12-16 hour a day just to make sure the music is right for the tour
Take What U Know And Use It To The Glory Of God.

<JazzJunkie>

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »
...and here we go.

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2009, 12:21:26 PM »
What assumptions did i make specifically.
you got to hear numbers
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up