LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Making His Band Part 2  (Read 41313 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: Making His Band Part 2
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2009, 04:22:15 PM »
I mean it is so sad, and the sad part about it is that this could have been avoided if people can just keep their darn mouth closed sometimes. I mean you wanna act all caring, humble, and knowledgeable...then you turn around and start showing your behind.  In reality you think you're on point, but truth is being that this is a christian (Gospel) site you're really making yourself look like a Jxxxxxx....(Donkey)

What could've been avoided?
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline musician4life

• LGM Member

« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
Are you talking about Lynette?  If he is, then he's just being typical and getting in where he can.  And he has also clowned himself if he went there. If I was there would have my eye on that thick redbone singer with the long curly hair.  I guess she's out of J. Free's league. 

As for the show overall, I really think that MTV is just kinda tired of the Diddy machine.  Just the fact that it comes on on Saturday night now shows that the program isn't all that and people really aren't watching.  I'm really thinking this may be the end of the MTB/MHB franchise.  That's why this P. Diddy's Starmaker show has been setup.  He's trying to repackage it as if it's something brand new.  I actually have yet to watch it.

Interesting.

Do you have a name?
Name please.

Sort Of On Topic:

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2009, 04:56:20 PM »
when you get down to the core point of this thread, it's very informative. I don't have any serious aspirations to be a touring musician but I never in a million years would've thought that mainstream artists could get away with paying their backers $200 a week. If it's money you're after than be aware that accepting deals for $200 a week ain't gonna get you there. If you're in it for any other reason then keep that as your focus. I'm not the best musician out there and I don't claim to be great but I know my value; and the sweet Lawd Jesus is the only famous person that can get away with paying me $200 a week to tour, but I guess it all depends on what "you" value more.

I've just learned that everyone famous ain't looking out for your best interest so you darn well better. And just because somebody is assumed to have big money doesn't mean that they're gonna come off their paper to get what they want out of you. I say brand yourself and determine your own worth and purpose. If you do that can't nobody tell you you ain't happy, even making $200 a week.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2009, 05:08:26 PM »
when you get down to the core point of this thread, it's very informative. I don't have any serious aspirations to be a touring musician but I never in a million years would've thought that mainstream artists could get away with paying their backers $200 a week. If it's money you're after than be aware that accepting deals for $200 a week ain't gonna get you there. If you're in it for any other reason then keep that as your focus. I'm not the best musician out there and I don't claim to be great but I know my value; and the sweet Lawd Jesus is the only famous person that can get away with paying me $200 a week to tour, but I guess it all depends on what "you" value more.

I've just learned that everyone famous ain't looking out for your best interest so you darn well better. And just because somebody is assumed to have big money doesn't mean that they're gonna come off their paper to get what they want out of you. I say brand yourself and determine your own worth and purpose. If you do that can't nobody tell you you ain't happy, even making $200 a week.

THANK YOU BROTHER....THANK YOU!!!

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2009, 05:10:52 PM »
What could've been avoided?

All this division between God's children, when this site is suppose to the opposite.....unity.     And yes there is definately division.

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2009, 05:28:42 PM »
All this division between God's children, when this site is suppose to the opposite.....unity.     And yes there is definately division.

Idk... Theres a wealth of knowledge in this thread and I don't think any of that would have come about without people having differing opinons... I see it more as iron sharpening iron.
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
Interesting.

Do you have a name?
Name please.

Sort Of On Topic:

Her name was Aston Nicole. Really didn't care if she could sing.  She was gorgeous.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »
ok im sitting here with the MD for City of Refuge Church,Mary Mary,new kids on the block tour and the jamie foxx tour...and he said one of the new cats playing for diddy would make like 1000 a week...

but big name drummers such as aaron spears or nissan stewart can make up to 4500-5000 a week...plus like 60-100 dollars for food each day..

and that there is noooo way possible that some guy makes 200 bucks a week for lil wayne,unless its one of his homeboys that just kicks it with him....

info from the horses mouth...

Offline fLaT-fIfTh

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.gospelchops.com

« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2009, 07:03:05 PM »
ok im sitting here with the MD for City of Refuge Church,Mary Mary,new kids on the block tour and the jamie foxx tour...and he said one of the new cats playing for diddy would make like 1000 a week...

but big name drummers such as aaron spears or nissan stewart can make up to 4500-5000 a week...plus like 60-100 dollars for food each day..

and that there is noooo way possible that some guy makes 200 bucks a week for lil wayne,unless its one of his homeboys that just kicks it with him....

...and that right thurrrrr, is the funniest post I have ever read in LGM history. What is this horse's name?

God bless

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2009, 07:42:50 PM »
Idk... Theres a wealth of knowledge in this thread and I don't think any of that would have come about without people having differing opinons... I see it more as iron sharpening iron.

You can still opinions and have unity. The choice of words name calling and certain statements are not necesary to get your point across....are we representing god or what?? This is getting crazy dude seriously.....

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »
I'm not saying pro musicians are paid. I just dont believe that they make the same as a mcdonalds employee. I felt that was an exaggeration because i know guys who make about 1000+ a week just doing local stuff like jazz clubs and church, and in Tallahassee Florida, a city where people could care less about music thats alot of money.
you got to hear numbers

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »

For the headliner of a major tour, that isn't even peanuts.  Those are Skittles with the green ones missing.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »
For the headliner of a major tour, that isn't even peanuts.  Those are Skittles with the green ones missing.

i bet if u eat skittles with ur eyes closed u cant tell what color ur eating neither..

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2009, 10:40:06 PM »
Bruh If thats what musicians make ill take black skittles and be happy cuz its more than i making right now.  And there is also the factor of doing what you love all the time.  When I graduate I will definitely be making at least 50 thousand a year with my major. and i will enjoy it a little but i love to play and meet musicians. Thats my favorite thing to do. I do recognize that pro musician is not that stable of a job choice though. 
you got to hear numbers

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »
This must be the drum room...lol!  I have never played behind any professional artists.  I take it that dude-on-drums has played behind some very famous people...he knows all the answers.  The point I want to make is:  Different musicians will get paid differently for the same gig.

Ex:  Andrew Gouche will get paid more than I would!  I could be a beast like him(I'm not...lol) but because of his name(and skill)recognition; he would get paid more.
True dat!!
Conklin GTBD-7, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Glasstone Lil G2, Holy Bible

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2009, 12:55:39 AM »
Go ahead and put Calvin and Vinnie in the same boat but you cant add Dave with them.  Unlike Vinnie and Calvin, Dave is a solo artist.  That means he is the CEO of his operations as well as a side man when needed, which in return, ups his worth.  Calvin and Vinnie are great session cats but they are only paid 1 time for the session unless they have writing credits, in which most cases if not all of them, they dont.  Dave makes money in his sleep.  He wakes up, (like me but on a way smaller scale,) and discovers that he sold some records last night.  Thats cash going directly to him.  If Fred Hammond or Herbie Hancock sell records, Vinnie and Calvin dont see another dime.  A musician in the shoes of Vinnie and Calvin have to work 3 times as hard in order to live a decent life and 6 times as hard to put any money up for retirement.  Why do you think they are on so many records?  Its not because no one else in Chicago can do the job.  Its not because Vinnie is the best.  Chick Corea and Fred Hammond have both replaced drummers in the past and soon they will do it again.

The more product that Dave puts out, the more money he earns every month.  He has something like 9 solo albums and 5 dvds.  Again, making money while he's on side gigs.  

The key is to have multiple streams of income.  Product.  That is the only way to survive.  I dont encorage touring as an easily replaceable musician, where if the budget is low, the artist can just sing or rap to tracks.  Its a good start while youre 19 and 20, but at some time, you have to do something for yourself because that kind of money is low and unstable.

I wish I grabbed this concept a long time ago but no one ever wants to be real about anything so they let you drown in "hype."

Just think about it guys.  If the game was so stable, then cats wouldnt have such long resumes lol.  How many NBA teams has Kobe Bryant played for?  Now thats stability.  The cats who get traded here and there are not making big bucks.  They are barely staying on a team.  And in terms of money, I am quite generous to compare the NBA to pro musicians cause they are no where in the same tax brackets.  
That is wisdom.

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2009, 01:00:45 AM »
LOL... i guess.... I'm not sure if i should laugh or cry... LGM.. the G stood for gospel.. Why in the world are the brethern so evil up in the joint!!!! i mean, it's comedy.. but i'm crying on the inside for the poor soul who was called a pink ranger.. that was kinda mean... but i SOOOOOOO LOLed!!! I'm still going through, re-reading... and re-laughing lol
STUpid lol!!!

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2009, 01:06:25 AM »

This post hs the ring of truth IMO

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2009, 01:08:50 AM »
i bet if u eat skittles with ur eyes closed u cant tell what color ur eating neither..
You are funny....but true. lol

Offline brutha28

• LGM Member
  • "Be healed, be delivered, and be set free"

« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »
diddy picked some young cats..WHO OBVIOUSLY has nothing to do since they came on the show trying to do something....

even if they not making 1000 a night..im pretty sure giving them 600 a show and going places u only dreamed of! playing in front of 1000's of people that in itself is priceless..

im pretty sure nobody on his band is trippen...cuz aint nobody on LGM making over 500 a night OR playing in LONDON,ITALY,or MOSCOW on a nightly basis..

um what would i rather do....go back 10 yrs of my college life running around to every mtb show audition, hunt down folks for gigs, beg for gear, be all funky coming to church on sundays, start smoking weed on the weekends cause i can't pay the bills, maybe get lucky to play on a few gigs only to turn out that people wont know who the hell i am, by the way i'm assuming you believe gigs have an awsome 401k plan, dental, life, and health plan as well?  Yeah i guess i'm just dying to go back those years of my college life and skip the opportunity to be working at IBM right now were i can make the salary of one freakin gig in a week.   I choose NOT to...

GET A REAL JOB !
Steven P.

Peace N' Hairgrease
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up