LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lets talk about PUNCTUALITY!!!!  (Read 3830 times)

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Lets talk about PUNCTUALITY!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »
oh...so u took what i said totally serious. cool! now this pass you speak of...thank u for that!

the Late Pass - Only good for one time use on LGM, mind you....

:P

Offline EricT

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 12:41:10 AM »
IMO its about responsible communication, as drummers we want things kinda down to the minute, esp when we're bringing our gear.

I remember doing this 3 piece (drums bass and keys)jazz gig at for this birthday party. The guy who booked us at the last minute negotiated for us to begin playing at 6pm. Now, from the beginning, I told him my boys had another gig at 10, so we can do the gig from 6-9. He agreed. We were there and set up by 6. There were 2 women in there setting the room up. So we decided to begin playing (that was the agreement right) People started mosying in there like 7:30. So after that, the birthday guy didn't get there till 8:45...everyones having a good time...so at 9:00  BAMMM!!! we ended our 3rd set and we started breaking down. So everyones like, where are you guys going?...the guy who booked us ran over to me and was like, can you guys stay another 45 min? I asked him for another $700, needless to say he couldn't afford it....while leaving, i told him "our agreement was from 6-9..and it wasn't my fault you or your people weren't here on time and we were", it was really funny.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Offline LDN-DRUMMA

• LGM Member
  • London Town

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »
i did a gig last sunday which showed me how bad poor punctuality can get

i live in london and the gig was in southhampton, so it was arranged that we would get the train up there. so the promoters of the gig sent the train ticktets with the band leader (bad idea) as opposed to sending everyone their individual tickets. so with this we all agreed to meet at the staion by 8:15.

so the train was due at 08:35, and me and a few other band mates were at the train station by 8:00. long story short, everyones but the bandleader/ticket holder is here and it is now 8:33, 2 minutes till my train is leaving. and to make matters worse the ticket holder is on the underground so we cant get trhough to his phone to see how far they are.

fortuntely come 8:34 we see the guy, and he starts sprinting like usain bolt to catch the train. luckily we just made made it.

however the bulk of the problems didnt stop there but thats another story. which shows how not only poor punctuality can affect your gig, but poor organisation can destroy it. ;D

Offline MMPassion

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »
I have expereinced this many times and it wasnt just with musicians.

How about when the Sound Technicians are LATE! I was a member of a group that was hosting a Gospel Jam. We used a proffessional sound company to run the event. The event started at 6:30, sound check was at 5:30. The sound techs, did not arrive until 6:00. I literally had to call them, to see where they were at....talk about being unprofessional!!!
If your output exceeds your input, your lack of upkeep will be your downfall!

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »
I have expereinced this many times and it wasnt just with musicians.

How about when the Sound Technicians are LATE! I was a member of a group that was hosting a Gospel Jam. We used a proffessional sound company to run the event. The event started at 6:30, sound check was at 5:30. The sound techs, did not arrive until 6:00. I literally had to call them, to see where they were at....talk about being unprofessional!!!

Never had that one happen

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 06:20:04 AM »
I know cats who have been told to leave (fired)in the middle of service for being late one too many a time.... :-X

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
I know cats who have been told to leave (fired)in the middle of service for being late one too many a time.... :-X

Now THAT'S gangsta!!!!!!
When you've done your very best, do even better.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up