LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: The WHY Game  (Read 50575 times)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Re: The WHY Game
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
Why do some preachers feel like they got to be so deep when giving the Word?

This past week at my pastor's anniversary, a preacher got so deep in his sermon that he lost himself in the process. We were all sitting there like  ?/?. If he would've said "the trichotemy of man" one more time, church would have been over.

To add to that, why do some preachers feel like they gotta be up for over an hour to feel like they preached? Whatever happened to the 10 minute mini sermons?

I tell ya, seminary school has messed up a lot of preachers in my eyes. I'm glad the Holy Ghost and my parents are my seminary school.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Ladyn

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
Why do some preachers feel like they got to be so deep when giving the Word?

This past week at my pastor's anniversary, a preacher got so deep in his sermon that he lost himself in the process. We were all sitting there like  ?/?. If he would've said "the trichotemy of man" one more time, church would have been over.

To add to that, why do some preachers feel like they gotta be up for over an hour to feel like they preached? Whatever happened to the 10 minute mini sermons?

I tell ya, seminary school has messed up a lot of preachers in my eyes. I'm glad the Holy Ghost and my parents are my seminary school.

oh. my. goodness!!! We must have listened to the same preacher!

Why do preachers feel like the bigger the words they use the greater their anointing?

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 04:31:06 PM »
Use google maps

You young-uns and your new-fangled tek-no-logy toys!

Go to Google Maps and put this in  11410 w. outer drive detroit and go to the street view.  It's not the exact house but it's on or near the same block.  Three house in the photo.  The one on the left is a "nice" one.  The other two are similar to the one where I saw the Escalade.  In all probability, the Escalade owner was probably there considering buying for rental icome property.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
  • Blue Tears; P!nk Dreams"
    • YouTube

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 07:40:18 PM »
Why are REDBONES so doggone fine?

HAYYYYYY you were doing gooooood until you said that!!!!  LOL

WHY DO PPL ^^^^^^ (lol) THINK "RED" IS BETTER THAN BROWN, MOCHA,CO-COA, CHOCOLATE, DARK CHOCOLATE, ME... I MEAN.. well you know what i mean???

Why do Parents treat their children differently?

Why did M.Vick go to jail for 18 (?) months when Donte Stallworth got 21.. DAYS!!!

Why cant i find a part time job?

Why wont anyone buy my Lexus??

WHY are my ears ringing?

Is the Candyman real?
Enchanted Living!! I'm living in a kind of daydream; I'm happy as a queen!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 08:01:15 PM »

Is the Candyman real?

"I'm as real as real can get baby.  Well, at least I was."

When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
    • YouTube

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »
"I'm as real as real can get baby.  Well, at least I was."

O WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! you're... the.... Candyman??? I better turn the lights on in this here computer room!!!

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
    • YouTube

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »
Why do people request help with chords and get mad when you do help them, but it's not the help that they want so they feel like u didn't do anything for them? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Poor baby... that seemed a lil on da personal side hun... you need a punchin bag?

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 08:06:01 PM »

O WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! you're... the.... Candyman??? I better turn the lights on in this here computer room!!!

I forgot, you're a youngin' so you don't get it.

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
    • YouTube

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »
Why do people expect us to think it's cute that their 3 yr old has skills on the drums, even when it's in the middle of choir rehearsal?

Why is that $65,000 Escalade parked in the driveway of that $42,000 house with peeling paint, rotting roof, and knee high grass?

OMG YES!!! and when you pull into your friends apartment complex in the "residents parking" you see ALL the BMW 750Li... Lexus 460 HL!!!! omg... i cant believe my eyes sometimes!!

Why does the big girl at the theme  park feel the need to show me and all the other patrons her boobage.. amongst other things!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »

Why does the big girl at the theme  park feel the need to show me and all the other patrons her boobage.. amongst other things!

I really don't see the problem. 

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
    • YouTube

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »
I really don't see the problem. 

O... YEAH, the CANDY man! gawcha... gawcha!! youngin my foot!! LOL!

you dont SEEEE the problem???? ok... well I dont wanna see that!!! i just dont!! lol! looking like Norbit's Rashbusha or however you spell it! LOL! you like big girls BigFoot BigThumb LittlePinky?

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 08:37:34 PM »

O... YEAH, the CANDY man! gawcha... gawcha!! youngin my foot!! LOL!

you dont SEEEE the problem???? ok... well I dont wanna see that!!! i just dont!! lol! looking like Norbit's Rashbusha or however you spell it! LOL! you like big girls BigFoot BigThumb LittlePinky?

Now Rasputia can cover that up.  And no aint nothing wrong with a woman with a little meat on her bones and long as she's fly with it. 

Keep on messing with my name Ms. mylanta2 

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 11:15:03 PM »
Why does 104.3 Hallelujah FM play Trojan Extreme Pleasure condom commercials after every other song? No seriously. :-\

Were there no other sponsors? In all my years listening to gospel radio, I don't think I've ever heard a condom commercial on one.

It's kinda weird.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline OleJ

• LGM Member
  • The Roberta Martin Singers
    • The Golden Era Gospel Blog

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 12:11:53 AM »
Why does 104.3 Hallelujah FM play Trojan Extreme Pleasure condom commercials after every other song? No seriously. :-\

WOW! Must be a Radio One owned radio station.
God wants Spiritual Fruit, not Religious Nuts. Check out my blog:http://goldeneragospel.blogspot.com

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 12:47:07 AM »
No, thank God. Radio One gospel stations suck. And I hope to high heaven Cathy Hughes sees this. :-\
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 04:53:46 AM »

Were there no other sponsors? In all my years listening to gospel radio, I don't think I've ever heard a condom commercial on one.

It's kinda weird.

Hmm, I was listening to 1190am in NY, and they would play male enhancement advertisements.....at 4 in the afternoon.

As for the condom commercials, like it or not Christians are having sex, and last time I checked we are not immune to Aids, herpes and other stds.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2009, 06:10:58 AM »
As for the condom commercials, like it or not Christians are having sex, and last time I checked we are not immune to Aids, herpes and other stds.

Why do people say "Christians are having sex..." like its a bad thing? How else are we supposed to have kids?

8)
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2009, 06:12:59 AM »
WHy do i find it hard to listen to songs without thinking "Wow, what chord was that?!?" or "Dang, than turn was sick!!!"

Why can't i just chill and enjoy music without analyzing it?  :D
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2009, 08:04:04 AM »
WHy do i find it hard to listen to songs without thinking "Wow, what chord was that?!?" or "Dang, than turn was sick!!!"

Why can't i just chill and enjoy music without analyzing it?  :D

The same reason I can't read ANYTHING without noticing typos, spelling or syntax errors - books, the news, game shows, newspapers, articles... The same reason I can't look at a program, flyer, website, or brochure without commenting on the colors, paper, design, layout, text, graphics, etc...

;D

Hmm, I was listening to 1190am in NY, and they would play male enhancement advertisements.....at 4 in the afternoon.

I knew you were gonna say that.

I realize that.  It's just weird.  :-\  I've been listening to gospel my whole life, and I've never heard a condom commercial on a gospel station.  It's like hearing an advertisement for Asti Spumante LOL... those used to always come on 98.7 Kiss FM... lol.  I don't believe there's anything wrong with drinking a glass of wine or champagne on occasion, but I think it'd be weird to hear a commercial for alcohol on a gospel music station.

(btw, condoms don't protect against herpes... just FYI).

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2009, 10:12:05 AM »
Why do Altos always have the best part when a song breaks up into three parts?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33   Go Up