LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite Bass and Why?  (Read 7111 times)

Offline MykeMyke

• LGM Member
    • Twitter

Re: Your Favorite Bass and Why?
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »
I have a squier active jazz V
and a MTD Kingston Z5

I love the MTD

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 07:11:28 PM »
I'm getting ready to get a Schecter Stiletto Studio-5 too, has anyone ever played/own one?

I just got a used one from a pawn shop for $500 @ 2 monts ago. I love it.. it is a little heavier than the previous bass I used a Ibanez SR505.. which I also liked a lot.. (There is a story behind that bass... ) The Ibanez was my first 5 string.

I own a squier deluxe 5 string jazz bass. I do agree that the jazz bass is very versatile to any music that you play. But my favorte bass is the  Ibanez sr505. I like Ibanez basses becaus they have a very fast neck and you can get great tone from them. I play the sr505 alot more than the jazz because of the weight.

I have a 77 Jazz.. it is a heavy bass.. that was one of the things I liked about the Ibanez.. I no longer get that knot in my shoulder..

At this moment my favorite bass is the Schecter.. I think it plays better and sounds better than the Ibanez.. but the Ibanez is not a bad bass.. I really don't play the Jazz much anymore because I am pretty much a 5 string guy.. I just can't part with that Jazz.. it was my first real bass.. so I hang on to it. The Schecter is heavier than the Ibanez.. t may be as heavy as the Jazz.. but so far I havent felt any ill effects..
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline manutabora

• LGM Member

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »
I LOVE my Peavey Cirrus  :)
It has a great, smooth, growly sound that is perfect for worship. Unique looks (peacock blue, matching headstock, maple fingerboard, golden hardware), top notch construction, affordable price... Apparently the one I got was a custom order, so double whammy! However, its last owner didn't take great care of it. It has a couple of battle scars (one goes all the way through the finish) and it had to be set up and a couple of electronics issues dealt with. But, overall, I feel it is a great value for those of us who love that Ken Smith tone but don't have the cash.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up