LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The sickest clip i've ever seen in life. This is insane.  (Read 11171 times)

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: The sickest clip i've ever seen in life. This is insane.
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2009, 11:32:15 PM »
Man looks on the outside, but God looks at Heart.

This does not give us the right to do as we want or not hold each other accountable

This is exactly y the church is falling apart cuz we wanna act like mess is not mess, I will concede that I think the modern church is rubbish and a lil partial to the old time that if u messed up u were still loved and held responsible.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2009, 12:18:22 AM »
Oh My Goodness!!! That Yellowjacket movement Troy started @ 4:41 just made 1 tear drop out of my eye. :D  Even Thad had to ask what he did! The scales Thad is running on top of that is crazy! I've been watching and taking notes of this on the keys!! I would definitely advise everyone to listen and take something musically from this whether you like it or not. Just be wise when you use it, musiqisme26 is correct most musicians would not being able to do this without getting ripped during or after church. Placement is key! Get this knowledge when it's available and then learn how to apply parts of it in your own setting or particular playing.   

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2009, 12:21:26 AM »
I don't know and don't think I stated here thads focus was, but I guess in this age of popstar Hollywood gospel no one is accountable.

#1 wether thad asked for the attention or not he sure didn't try to sway them to where it belonged

#2 I don't know what church folk your talking about, maybe it's those that go to ur church who tell the youth to have sex just use a condom and if u still get pregnant get an abortion or don't worry since God loves us anyway it's cool u still get to sing ur solo or play the instruments and oh yea u might as well shack up too don't get married cuz ur young........the same church folk in ur church that tell the homosexual that we understand that u are living against the word of God but we still embrace and turn a blind eye.

Jeans, dressed up, black, white, jewelry, skirts have nothing to do with our repsonsibilities as Christians to first and foremost praise and worship God. U and ur type of church folk can do what y'all want and say but let's just look at how bad things in families and churches have gotten wit this liberated fake new age Christianity

I'm not the problem I

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
You cant go to a musician and be like "hey you go start worshiping right now."  Thats a personal choice. You werent at the conference, so you dont know who had worshipped that whole night and this particular song didnt make fall on their face.  All I'm saying is you were not there so you cant tell how his playing affected service that night. If you look in the background at all those hands waving in unison that tells that the majority of those people were not hindered in there worship.  I dont see a problem with recording a performance, especially if you are taking it home to help your playing. If thad played like that in practice and during the performance so a bunch musicians staring at him and playing pocket. It could make the song feel empty causing other musicians to leave the pocket when thats not what they practiced. I live by the term, practice how you play, so whether somebody looks at me or not i cant just change my play style in the middle of a performance.
you got to hear numbers

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2009, 08:10:09 AM »

#1 wether thad asked for the attention or not he sure didn't try to sway them to where it belonged

#2 I don't know what church folk your talking about, maybe it's those that go to ur church who tell the youth to have sex just use a condom and if u still get pregnant get an abortion or don't worry since God loves us anyway it's cool u still get to sing ur solo or play the instruments and oh yea u might as well shack up too don't get married cuz ur young........the same church folk in ur church that tell the homosexual that we understand that u are living against the word of God but we still embrace and turn a blind eye.

Jeans, dressed up, black, white, jewelry, skirts have nothing to do with our repsonsibilities as Christians to first and foremost praise and worship God. U and ur type of church folk can do what y'all want and say but let's just look at how bad things in families and churches have gotten wit this liberated fake new age Christianity

I'm not the problem I

Response to #1) - You weren't there, so you don't know if he did or didn't. Also, of those many musicians who was around Thad, if just "one" of them recieved something from God through his playing, then he ministered. Jesus walked through the multitude of people preaching the word of God. He had crowds of people who just wanted to see him and but there was one person who just touched the hem of his garments and was instantly healed.

Response to #2) - No we don't condone any of those instances you mentioned, but what we do with those who have sinned, is we "Love" them. The more I mature in Christ, the more I understand that we are human and we fall short from time to time. Like Jesus did with the woman who was about to be stoned to death, he loved her, not the sin, and said, "he who is without sin cast the first stone." So, we cast "no" stones at sinners. We open our arms with love and begin to teach them the good news of Christ and God.

I used those examples to show that, it is not our place to say whether or not someone is doing this or that, because God can use anything he wants to so that his word can be ministered to someone.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »
I live by the term, practice how you play, so whether somebody looks at me or not i cant just change my play style in the middle of a performance.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »
Am I the only one who has actaully paid attention to the crowd and noticed that EVERYONE i can see in the congregation is FEELING what's going on?!?!

That solves said "issue" that has been brought up.

PLAY FOR JESUS THAD!!!!!!!!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2009, 08:49:34 AM »
You cant go to a musician and be like "hey you go start worshiping right now."  Thats a personal choice. You werent at the conference, so you dont know who had worshipped that whole night and this particular song didnt make fall on their face.  All I'm saying is you were not there so you cant tell how his playing affected service that night. If you look in the background at all those hands waving in unison that tells that the majority of those people were not hindered in their worship.  I dont see a problem with recording a performance, especially if you are taking it home to help your playing. If thad played like that in practice and during the performance so a bunch musicians staring at him and playing pocket. It could make the song feel empty causing other musicians to leave the pocket when thats not what they practiced. I live by the term, practice how you play, so whether somebody looks at me or not i cant just change my play style in the middle of a performance.
I kinda did. On another note you gotta miss George W. Bush. Comedy gold every time he spoke. The guy was too funny.
you got to hear numbers

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »
Am I the only one who has actaully paid attention to the crowd and noticed that EVERYONE i can see in the congregation is FEELING what's going on?!?!

I saw the crowd as soon as I opened up the video. Minister Thad!!!!!!

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2009, 09:37:17 AM »
since this topic has seemingly gone elsewhere:

what we need to realize is every single move of God isnt specifically for us. Sometimes i may feel it and u dont, and other times vice versa. Maybe im not moved to bring my problems to the altar during a service because i was in all-day prayer before i got there and did that already. but somebody looking at me might think differently because of how i react or for that matter, dont react.

Sometimes Gods presence is in the place for a particular person or people, but i had my convo with God and for that moment "im good!". But at another instance Gods presence is there for me. That may be the case with some of the people in the clip. But if Gods presence is NEVER there for you, then u have a problem (and there are people like that, dont be fooled).

And we dont know how God uses folk. Maybe God didnt use Thad to minister to anybody that night, but used him to spark this convo that may have ministered to someone on here NOW...could be a possibility. God is just that awesome. What someone thought was just a hyped youtube video, God could have very well used for his glory...probably in ways we dont even comprehend yet. once again, God is just that amazing to pull that off!

with that said... I STILL dont like what he played in the clip! lol. but then again, i dont like some of the stuff I play, even with the "ooohs and aaaahs"
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
I really enjoyed the clip.  Thanks for posting.

i tend to agree with those who say, that it may come across worlds different on a camera phone, or whatever it was recorded on.  I'm sure the mix that the congregation got was different as well.

As far as the musicians unlooking, It was very tame compared to videos, I have seen on youtube, the reactions were very very mild, except for the one Kat with the camera who seems like he just couldn't hold his tongue any longer.. :)

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2009, 08:14:29 AM »

i guess i am kinda mad on how you guys are playing Christianity so weak!

the title of this thread says the clip is insane, but i think ya'll are insane..........i think most noticed the crowd and most will note that that wasnt watching thad they were as mentioned before watching the ministry going on in the center of the stage not the far left, dont even think they cared if their was a bass at all.

You cant go to a musician and be like "hey you go start worshiping right now." 

thank you for highlighting a major problem with musicians, we feel aint nobody suppose to tell us anything

Church Hierarchy 101 in the morden church

#1 trustees
#2 musicians
#3 Pastor and everyone else and God sometimes "makes the top 10 if we are lucky"

wow to the comment above im shaking my head and about to turn it over to Jesus, Amen and Goodnight!

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »

i guess i am kinda mad on how you guys are playing Christianity so weak!

the title of this thread says the clip is insane, but i think ya'll are insane..........i think most noticed the crowd and most will note that that wasnt watching thad they were as mentioned before watching the ministry going on in the center of the stage not the far left, dont even think they cared if their was a bass at all.

thank you for highlighting a major problem with musicians, we feel aint nobody suppose to tell us anything

Church Hierarchy 101 in the morden church

#1 trustees
#2 musicians
#3 Pastor and everyone else and God sometimes "makes the top 10 if we are lucky"

wow to the comment above im shaking my head and about to turn it over to Jesus, Amen and Goodnight!

Why are we playing christianity so weak? Is it because everyone doesn't see eye to eye? Please enlighten us on how you play chrisitanity so strong.

Offline Asahel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »
I've had my share of disappointments lately as I looked at things going on around me.  A brother on this forum had to pick me up and minister to me not too long ago. This is why when I go to church now I have decided to keep my eyes on no one but Jesus (Hebrews 12:2).  Seems to be working for me so far...
Phillippians 1:6

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
Why are we playing christianity so weak? Is it because everyone doesn't see eye to eye? Please enlighten us on how you play chrisitanity so strong.
What i meant was that you cant force worship into peoples mouths like medicine. Musician or not.
you got to hear numbers

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »
Likewise :D

I'm thinking that "musiqisme26" is actually "cleveakabig". ;) ;)

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2009, 02:09:06 AM »

what exactly are you shaking your head about and taking to Jesus?!??!?!?  That Thad is playing for him?

Without you being there and knowing what went on and how they got there you're sounding REALLY self righteous

"self-righteous
Adjective
thinking oneself more virtuous than others
self-righteousness n"
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2009, 06:06:10 AM »
I'm thinking that "musiqisme26" is actually "cleveakabig". ;) ;)

This is truly the funniest comment I've read in a while. I had totally forgot about this person. LOL!!!!!!!!! ROTFLSHMSH (rolling on the floor laughing so hard my stomach hurts) ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up