LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The sickest clip i've ever seen in life. This is insane.  (Read 10946 times)

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

The sickest clip i've ever seen in life. This is insane.
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »
Thaddeus Tribbett is the man. You dont need to watch the whole video.  Just watch what he does at the 6:15 mark.  After you see that. You probably will quit playing bass and go to guitar or keys.  Then the rest of the video will be irrelevant to you.
you got to hear numbers

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

Re: The sickest clip i've ever seen in life. This is insane.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »
great skills on the bass but i dont know the setting was quite appropriate for the ministry happening on the right of the cameras focused on the band

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »
He definetly has skills, but he sounds like he is soloing through the whole song. Sounds to me as if he is trying to focus the attention on himself. He was trying to do everything he knows, in one song.

Offline mjl422

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
That would drive me crazy if I was the organist/keyboardist.  He would get thrown off of an ordinary gig if he played like that.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 07:18:05 PM »
mjl422, I was going to say the same thing, he would get shown the door in a quickness.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
Yes he is rather busy, but this is the advantage of the leader being your brother so that point is moot.  But I can almost assure you that so much was going on from another vantage point that Thad may have been only noticed so much.  I mean the person is focused on Thad and is standing right by his amp and focused on Thaddeus so you really can't hear everything else.

And is it just me, or does Thaddeus look like Diddy since he cut his dreads off?
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline BassbyGrace

• LGM Member
  • striving

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »
Aside from him playing, Im so tired of the 'hype' crowd.  Church is going on, and you have a whole group packed by the musicians waiting (sometimes w/camera) for something they can get the stank face to.  They cant get praise or concentrate on God because they preoccupy themselves.
I respect Thad's skills, a lil busy in this clip as stated though IMO.  On another note, is that a GK Fusion and cab hes playing?
Praise Him!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 09:38:30 PM »
Aside from him playing, Im so tired of the 'hype' crowd.  Church is going on, and you have a whole group packed by the musicians waiting (sometimes w/camera) for something they can get the stank face to.  They cant get praise or concentrate on God because they preoccupy themselves.
I respect Thad's skills, a lil busy in this clip as stated though IMO.  On another note, is that a GK Fusion and cab hes playing?

+1

It's not a fusion.  It was a GK mb-500
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »

I have been to programs where the musicians do that. It's as though they are trying to impress each other rather than focusing on the ministry. Mind you, most of these folks are younger than I am (in their 20's and it's been a couple of decades since I've seen my 20's. lol)

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 09:55:06 PM »
Its actually quite different from his usual performances because he normally stays in the pocket.  I can count on one hand how many times he left the pocket on the stand out DVD.
you got to hear numbers

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Leaving the pocket is ok, as long as you throw in some tasty feels & come back to it & no one will ever know u left it.

Offline ssab

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »
I hate to said this but if i was at that service i would have sneeked over to the outlet and unplugged him. then aks the Lord to forgive me for i KNEW WHAT i was doing. There were enough runs in this song to fill up 3 doulbe-disk cd's ::)

Offline blacklw234

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 04:25:12 PM »
Too busy... But you right he can do that cause his brother is Tye. But if you listen closely, there are a lot of bad notes getting thrown in there. He is moving so fast that most people can't hear it. To each his own, but I think if he through in only a couple of crazy runs and stayed pocket that would have set it off better. Many were the same runs. Not too impressed. But hey thats just mey opinion.
I play a LTD ESP C-305 Bass

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 07:03:49 PM »
call me dense if you may but what did he do at the 6:15 mark that was so spectacular??? I rewinded it like 6 times and im still clueless.

GROUPIES, bbg, no other word for it. they didnt come there to concentrate on God. at one point the guy was filming the other dude filming. now thats hilarious.

Too busy... But you right he can do that cause his brother is Tye. But if you listen closely, there are a lot of [size=+1]bad notes[/size] getting thrown in there. He is moving so fast that most people can't hear it. To each his own, but I think if he through in only a couple of crazy runs and stayed pocket that would have set it off better. Many were the same runs. Not too impressed. But hey thats just mey opinion.

let them hear you say that, and they would crucify you faster than Jesus. to my ear, bad notes aplenty, but someone else would probably say my ear isnt mature enough (but same goes for the audience, and isnt that who you're playing for, besides God). way to much, but i think he knew he had groupies (which is weird because when u have groupies all you have to do is plug up and they get hyped..."Yo, son, did you see how he plugged his bass in! Yeah, with 2 fingers, that was sick!!!")
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline 6stringapprentice

• LGM Member
    • facebook

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »
I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt he was having one those super virtuoso moments. I've listened to him on a bunch of stuff and he doesn't seem to play like this often. Granted, it may not have been the best place and time but I for one am glad this was captured on film.
On another note thad must have bionic ears. I have no idea how he can manage to make all that stuff relative to the chords that were being played.
I missed the 6:15 part too. ?/?
Sounding Mathematics.

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 12:08:00 AM »
try to find that harmonic he does at 6:15 on your bass.  Its not a regular harmonic.  Technique wise it is pretty difficult to pull off anytime you want.  I was impressed by the clip, guess no one else was.

In thads defense. He is usually not very busy. You never know whether or not tye asked him to play like that. Some artists do tell musicians to go crazy or show off(typically drummers though). He is a great bass player with an impressive resume outside of playing for tye.

I did not actually like the song because of his playing. He missed alot of notes in the progression and as someone who is required to do runs constantly by the M.O.M. at my church I know good and well that it wasnt good for this song and isnt for many others. I wasnt really paying attention to the song but more him playing by himself. kinda like a shed clip not a performance clip.
you got to hear numbers

Offline organman88

• LGM Member
    • Kue Musik Entertainment

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 12:39:07 AM »
yea thad was busy but thats the 1st time i have seen him play so freely like that aslo @ 6 15 i didnt hear andthing that great either!
keyz 4 life

Offline 6stringapprentice

• LGM Member
    • facebook

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 01:14:25 AM »
My favorites were
1:24
1:32
2:04
5:00
Sounding Mathematics.

Offline CallowHill

• LGM Member
    • CallowHill Guitars

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 02:54:09 AM »
Interesting.  I think it was tasteful and in the pocket.  On it's own, perhaps not.  In context, I bet that 8 min clip was the last third of a 30 min song.  The fills always click with the band, and there's a ton of interplay between Thaddaeus, and the rest of the band.  It's always cool to see reactions on the internet to little snippets.  I find that Tye's performances are typically overwhelming and mind-blowing in person.  The impact is often lost online.  That holds true with many live performances I suppose. 

I'm used to hearing Thaddaeus kill the bass, I'm surprised nobody called out the camera dude for his "OMG" syndrome.  Vanity and church?  Am I too sensitive or should that dude have been thrown out for breaking one o' them ten things.  You know, the things...   (OMG!)   

All kidding aside, I thought it was cool.  Thanks to Kelz for putting it here.

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 06:59:08 AM »
No doubt the kid has skills and is an excellent bass player. And yes he does some mind blowing things but I always look at the big picture! Again, maybe it's my age or I'm just from another generation that just is not a fan of this type of playing while ministering is going on! I question what kind of church allows 'shedding' during church time and fans making videos?? There's a time and place for everything. I just believe that there has to be more discipline! And I'm okay if y'all disagree! 
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up