LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The sickest clip i've ever seen in life. This is insane.  (Read 10943 times)

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

Re: The sickest clip i've ever seen in life. This is insane.
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 07:10:18 AM »
I dont think Kiki Sheard would have thrown her brother out of the church at her own concert.
you got to hear numbers

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
No doubt the kid has skills and is an excellent bass player. And yes he does some mind blowing things but I always look at the big picture! Again, maybe it's my age or I'm just from another generation that just is not a fan of this type of playing while ministering is going on! I question what kind of church allows 'shedding' during church time and fans making videos?? There's a time and place for everything. I just believe that there has to be more discipline! And I'm okay if y'all disagree! 

+1

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I actually like the clip. I'll leave my opinion about the video recording and sheddin stuff during ministering to myself since I wasn't actually there to see what was going on and what the atmosphere was.

Offline dremy2006

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Buckeye burl Hand-made......
    • DR Custom Basses

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 11:50:35 AM »
Its actually quite different from his usual performances because he normally stays in the pocket.  I can count on one hand how many times he left the pocket on the stand out DVD.
.... I was just gonna say... does anyone listen to "his" music...??... I believe it was the  atmosphere.. thats why he was playing all over like that... but he does stay in tha pocket..

- Get your hand out my pocket N...!!!
Allowing the Creator To use His Creation To Create for you.....

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »
Why couldn't that be his way of making a joyful noise unto the Lord on his stringed instrument? It reminds me of when Kim Burrell be running all over the place with her voice. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. I'm just throwing something out there.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 12:29:11 PM »
I think i'm with Tim on this one.

This seems to be at the end of a concert, and a VERRRRYYYY long song. 

Plus watching it online without being there to experience the rest of the concert makes it hard to know if it was out of context or how things fit together.

either way I find it hard to understand how Thad can make those runs relative to the chords.  I mean SERIOUSLY!!!

There' so such thing as a bad note as long as you end on the right one ;-)
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 12:37:33 PM »
Yup, this has to be a long song. It reminds of the clip with him and Jae Deal playing. You can tell in that clip they've been playing for a while, so yeah, both of them were doing some crazy runs in that clip. I liked it. I heard the organ player hit some serious chords as well.

Offline BassbyGrace

• LGM Member
  • striving

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
+1

It's not a fusion.  It was a GK mb-500

Crazy thing was honestly I was thinkg MB 500 and typing Fusion lol.  Good look. 

Vic says a wrong note is just a note you didnt mean to play.  I think he meant to play all those lol. 
Praise Him!

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »
.....I question what kind of church allows 'shedding' during church time and fans making videos?? There's a time and place for everything. I just believe that there has to be more discipline! And I'm okay if y'all disagree! 

I think you and I are the same generation and I would also agree that there is a time and a place for everything.  On the other hand, I can't tell from the clip if this is a "typical" service with sermon or if it is a "special event" musical program.  If it's the former, "shedding" would be inappropriate (imho).  If it's the latter, go for it!

At one of the churches where I play, we tend to "play out" as people are leaving, after the benediction.  The idea is to give them some of that energy to take home with them.  Yesterday we just took off on "You Are Good".  People seem to appreciate it.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 06:44:57 PM »
ya'll can try to justify this clip in anyway you want but there is no way you are telling me he did this to glorify God. I mean come on this was a tye and GA setting not a thad & co. concert. he was really even paying attention to what the choir was doing but i thought i heard them singing a worship chant on repeat.

I dont care who his brother is or who any tribbett is God's reverence comes 1st.

I love thad as a bass player and a musician, loved the jae deal clip but come on this was not a joyful noise when u are seemingly overthrowing the real focus of what was happening at that moment. someone mentioned kim burrell and i love her stuff to death but that while like this clip it was really cool musically it was a total mess

sorry for the rant but if he rehearsed what was displayed then im shocked

Ministry 1st, shed/jam later

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
ya'll can try to justify this clip in anyway you want but there is no way you are telling me he did this to glorify God. I mean come on this was a tye and GA setting not a thad & co. concert. he was really even paying attention to what the choir was doing but i thought i heard them singing a worship chant on repeat.

I dont care who his brother is or who any tribbett is God's reverence comes 1st.

I love thad as a bass player and a musician, loved the jae deal clip but come on this was not a joyful noise when u are seemingly overthrowing the real focus of what was happening at that moment. someone mentioned kim burrell and i love her stuff to death but that while like this clip it was really cool musically it was a total mess

i just can't agree with you on that, because you don't know what's in Thads heart, so to say that he wasn't doing anything to glorify God is kind of absurd.  Unless he tells you so, there's no way for you to know or to make that kind of assumption.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline CallowHill

• LGM Member
    • CallowHill Guitars

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
It's just one of those things.  I guess you have to be there to "get it".  All that "out" stuff and wrong notes?  Joe Zawinal and Weather Report.  Check it out.  Thaddaeus doesn't showboat, he just plays what he hears. 

You have to be present to understand.  The focus on that clip was on Terry, but in context I bet there was a reason the audience was so energetic.  I doubt they were paying attention to Terry's hands. 

I'm going to bust his chops on the P-Diddy comment...

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »
now y'all know if that was one of us, we wouldnt have gotten no mercy. none. we wouldve been told we were playing too much, we wouldve been told that some of the stuff didnt fit. i guess when youve proven yourself, you can get away with more. i wonder if someone showed him that clip, would he say that he was absolutely satisfied with every single thing he played? but i bet if he said no, people would tell him he dont know what he talkin about. lol.

most of the stuff weather report plays still doesnt register with me and i have 2 of their albums that i've listened to numerous times. but i bet they had to prove themselves before people would accept the out of the ordinary creative stuff.

but just my opinion. dont need a cosigner (i have good credit. lol)
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 08:38:01 PM »
There's a time and place for everything. I just believe that there has to be more discipline! And I'm okay if y'all disagree! 

I agree with Mal, that was the time, and it was the place. It was a conference, probably was the concert night. Why not play out? Thats what the people want.

-------------
I see nothing wrong with being entertaining while ministering. It seems like the same people who dont want Christians to listen to or play secular music are the same ones who dont want musicians to 'play out' or show off their skill. Christians need entertainment too.

BTJM

BTW I enjoyed the clip. Thats exactly the vibe I want when I'm at a musical.

Offline musiqisme26

• LGM Member
  • Yaron MusicCo. Gospels Fresh Sound!

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
everyone defending this, i want ya'll on your next gig to "make a joyful noise" like this and tell how long until someone says something to you.

even cain had an excuse regarding his sacrifice unto God but there still was no honor in it

those who like or dont like this clip can tell me what was in Thads heart so thats irrelevant but come one doing lick after lick on your own thru a whole vamp is a bit over the top

Thad plays the bass really well there is no denying that

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 09:13:49 PM »
^^Then you probably wont like this clip at 4:49

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »
I meant to post this one too.  Like I mentioned earlier, I am actually required to do runs constantly by my M.O.M. No matter the situation. I dont think its a good idea because sometimes just grooving with the drummer brings a song out better but i said that to say this, Tye may have asked him to play that way. You never know. Kiki Sheard may have asked for that. Not saying i know for certain/ but i know that somepeople feel like the bass plyer should be doing more than the keyboard player can do with their left hand or foot(organ).
you got to hear numbers

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »

I'm going to bust his chops on the P-Diddy comment...

So you see it too huh?
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »
i just can't agree with you on that, because you don't know what's in Thads heart, so to say that he wasn't doing anything to glorify God is kind of absurd.  Unless he tells you so, there's no way for you to know or to make that kind of assumption.

I too agree with you on this one J. Its not my place or anyone else to say what's in someone's heart and how they express it throught their playing.

Just be careful when saying what "you" think is in someone's heart. Just because "you" won't minister the same way he does, doesn't mean he isn't ministering.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 08:24:33 AM »
"Judge not lest ye be judged." Easy to say, hard to do. When I see clips like this one, or when I attend services where the music takes on this particular flavor I think to myself, "Not my cup of worship tea."

As musicians we often influence the "Spirit" of a service by what we play or don't play--e.g., shout music, playing behind the pastor when he preaches--and congregation reaction has an effect on the musicians' playing and vice versa. I think it is a chicken-and-egg argument as to whether the Spirit influences the music or whether the music influences the Spirit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up