LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I GOT A NEW BASS!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2613 times)

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

Re: I GOT A NEW BASS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »
Is there anything I can take for that "GAS"?

About the only thing I know will cure mine is a Sadowsky. ;D

Offline stix_clgi

• LGM Member
  • I'm wasting away here......
    • My Youtube Page

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »
G.A.S.: Gear Acquisition Syndrome, a term applied to the uncontrollable desire to purchase new basses, amps, cabs, etc., despite having more than enough of said items already.

Yes, a textbook definition from Musician's Guide to Medical Terminology (173rd ed.). The infected exhibit a variety of symptoms:
* Visiting the local music store every Monday-Thursday
* Signing up for every sweepstakes and giveaway contest online (Musicians Friend, Sam Ash,    Guitar Center, other variuos websites)
* An obsessive complusive desire to troll websites for deals and trades, even when the last of the infected's paycheck is spent (on accessories, strings, amps, effects pedals, speaker cabinets, etc.)
* The unusual tendency to subscribe to online newsletters and magazines that highlight the latest products, although the infected knows that his/her inbox will be flooded with solicitations from spam emailers.

While research continues on this plague amongst musicians, unfortunately, there are no known cures....

;D
Precious Lord take my hand
Lead me on, help me stand

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »
Yes, a textbook definition from Musician's Guide to Medical Terminology (173rd ed.). The infected exhibit a variety of symptoms:
* Visiting the local music store every Monday-Thursday
* Signing up for every sweepstakes and giveaway contest online (Musicians Friend, Sam Ash,    Guitar Center, other variuos websites)
* An obsessive complusive desire to troll websites for deals and trades, even when the last of the infected's paycheck is spent (on accessories, strings, amps, effects pedals, speaker cabinets, etc.)
* The unusual tendency to subscribe to online newsletters and magazines that highlight the latest products, although the infected knows that his/her inbox will be flooded with solicitations from spam emailers.

While research continues on this plague amongst musicians, unfortunately, there are no known cures....

;D

:) :) :)

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 01:41:18 PM »
Is there anything I can take for that "GAS"?

Staple a copy of your credit report to your credit card.  Better than Pepto Bismal.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline stix_clgi

• LGM Member
  • I'm wasting away here......
    • My Youtube Page

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 02:26:22 PM »
Staple a copy of your credit report to your credit card.  Better than Pepto Bismal.

Hilarious. If I stapled my credit report to my credit card, my wallet would be depressed...I would never spend ANY money lol!
Precious Lord take my hand
Lead me on, help me stand

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 12:07:45 AM »
I know I'm late to the party, but congrats on the new bass!  Schecters are VERY solid basses, I was pleasantly surprised how tight it was when I tried one @ GC.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up