LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

Should the Thursday night Bible Study continue?

Yes, I have participated and I would like it to continue.
Yes, I've never participated, but I plan to start.
Yes, but some changes need to be made.
No. I participated and didn't like it.
No. I didn't participate, but I don't think it should continue.
Other. (please comment in thread)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Bible Study/ Bible Talk  (Read 56956 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Bible Study/ Bible Talk
« on: September 17, 2009, 11:07:59 AM »
Hey y'all...

The other night in chat, we were reminiscing on our Y!Church days and how good our Bible discussions used to be.  We discussed having Bible Study (or Bible Convo... or whatever you want to call it) on a more regular basis.

No details have been discussed, so the "floor is open" for input. Would you be interested in participating?

I'm thinking we'd probably do it over the phone (anyone welcome to participate) since that might be best for those who don't type well or can't get online at home or whatever.  Or now that I think about it, we could probably do both... web/phone simultaneously.  I guess we'd alternate speakers based on who volunteers (or is volunteered... lol) to lead the discussion. And I'm thinking it'd probably be best to avoid those doctrinal subjects and just stick to the edifying stuff.

Oh, and just to avoid any issues, this is not an LGM-sponsored thing, so if we need to use Yahoo instead of the LGM chat, we can... just a few folks who want to study/discuss the Word together.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: Bible Study/ Bible Talk
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
I'm in if I'm free.  Most evenings are good for me except Wednesdays and many Fridays.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »
What time we talking? You know how you LGMers think your fightin' crime in Gotham City. ::)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 11:16:23 AM »
I'm in also, if I am free. Wednesdays are not good for me. I agree with the web/phone simultaneously. That would be cool.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 11:19:59 AM »
How about Tuesdays or Thursdays?  I know most folks have Bible Study on Wednesdays...

What time we talking? You know how you LGMers think your fightin' crime in Gotham City. ::)

That's up to all of us to decide collectively.

We do have to consider the 3 hour time difference between east and west, though... maybe 9:00 Eastern? Is that too early for the west coast folks? Nessa?
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 11:28:03 AM »
How about Tuesdays or Thursdays?  I know most folks have Bible Study on Wednesdays...

We do have to consider the 3 hour time difference between east and west, though... maybe 9:00 Eastern? Is that too early for the west coast folks? Nessa?

I do prayer at 6 pm usually until about 6:30 - 6:45, but I can always join late, I don't want to hold up those on the East Coast.  That means I won't ever be called on to lead, LOL!  Works for me.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »
Ok so is 9:30 too late for the east coast folks? That way, if Nessa does have to come in late, she'll only be a few minutes late... and on the days she has to teach, we can just extend P&W.  ;D :D :D :D :D

Brittsings87

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »
I'm game!

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »
I'd like to participate, if I'm free.  9:30 is perfect for me.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
Cool. I'm looking forward to one of your lessons. Same goes for Hasmonean, BBG, TJ, Nessa... and a couple of others whose names escape me right now...  :D

I'm game!

**gives Britt the classic Motheroo look** You doggone right you're game!!!

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 11:43:52 AM »
I'm down. Any evening is pretty much game with me besides Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Probably Wednesday, too, because we have campus Bible Study that night and you know I have to time-travel to L.A. to digitally attend service at West A.  ;D :D :D

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 11:47:22 AM »

Tuesdays @ 9 would be tops!! 9:30 is ok but doable.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »
Tuesdays @ 9 would be tops!! 9:30 is ok but doable.

Ok, I'll add a poll and the time slot with the most votes wins. (and hopefully the people who vote will be people that actually plan to participate).

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 12:01:42 PM »
Ok, I'll add a poll and the time slot with the most votes wins. (and hopefully the people who vote will be people that actually plan to participate).

Ever the administrator. :D

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
  • Blue Tears; P!nk Dreams"
    • YouTube

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »
I'm game... any day is good for me...

I'm so excited  ;D ;D ;D
Enchanted Living!! I'm living in a kind of daydream; I'm happy as a queen!

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 12:21:35 PM »
9:30 Thursday is best for me.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 12:58:55 PM »
Ever the administrator. :D

I know, right?  ::) :D :D I try to calm the bossy side down, but then all the other sides start popping up! LOL!

Ummm... so it's looking like Thurs/9:30 is ahead (ever so slightly... lol). Would that work for you, though it's not your preference?

I'd hate for anyone who's actually interested to be left out completely.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 01:10:17 PM »
I know, right?  ::) :D :D I try to calm the bossy side down, but then all the other sides start popping up! LOL!

Ummm... so it's looking like Thurs/9:30 is ahead (ever so slightly... lol). Would that work for you, though it's not your preference?

I'd hate for anyone who's actually interested to be left out completely.

Actually, that's after P/W rehearsal so I might NEED some Bible study.

I may not be able to make it every Thursday, but's a doable day and time.

Is there a way that what's discussed can be shared to edify those who can't make it for whatever reason?

Brittsings87

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »
I guess I'll be having Bible Study twice  in one night. lol no biggie I probably need it. LOL

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »
Actually, that's after P/W rehearsal so I might NEED some Bible study.

I may not be able to make it every Thursday, but's a doable day and time.

Is there a way that what's discussed can be shared to edify those who can't make it for whatever reason?

Of course. If everyone consents, we can record the convos so others can call in and listen at their leisure (but everyone who's on the call has to agree to that).  In Y!Church, I know Chevonee used to copy/paste the entire discussion and PM it to anyone who requested a copy. Those were some goooooood discussions.... whew.  Or if anyone has any other ideas for getting the discussion out to those who couldn't make it, we can try it.

But yeah, we can certainly work that out one way or another.

I guess I'll be having Bible Study twice  in one night. lol no biggie I probably need it. LOL

Voting is still open, so... we'll see.

I voted "anytime" but now that I think about it, Thursdays really aren't my preference.  A lot of the time, I go home on Thursdays, and I might either be on the road or unwinding from the road... lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Up