LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.

Poll

Should the Thursday night Bible Study continue?

Yes, I have participated and I would like it to continue.
Yes, I've never participated, but I plan to start.
Yes, but some changes need to be made.
No. I participated and didn't like it.
No. I didn't participate, but I don't think it should continue.
Other. (please comment in thread)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Bible Study/ Bible Talk  (Read 56210 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: Bible Study/ Bible Talk
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 06:20:02 PM »
Yeah, yall can add me to the list. I'll be glad to preach what thus saith the Lord.  ;D

Wow, really??? That's awesome!  :'( :'( My Teej is really growing up... *sniffle*

Ok, so do you wanna switch with Nessa and take 10/1 or do you want to take 10/29?
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »
Wow, really??? That's awesome!  :'( :'( My Teej is really growing up... *sniffle*

Ok, so do you wanna switch with Nessa and take 10/1 or do you want to take 10/29?

I'll go for 10/1...because the BIBLE says there is but ONE God and ONE mediator between man and God. Therefore, give me October ONE!!! GLORRRAAAYY!! Yes Lord, I feel this word brewing up in me already.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2009, 06:35:06 PM »
I'll go for 10/1...because the BIBLE says there is but ONE God and ONE mediator between man and God. Therefore, give me October ONE!!! GLORRRAAAYY!! Yes Lord, I feel this word brewing up in me already.

Cool.  ;D

**Revised Tentative Schedule**

Thursday, 9/24 - Lordluvr (pending confirmation)
Thursday, 10/1 - SirTJ
Thursday, 10/8 - BassbyGrace (pending confirmation)
Thursday, 10/15 - LaRue1212
Thursday, 10/22 - Hasmonean
Thursday, 10/29 - Nessalynn77 (pending confirmation)

Would anyone else like to be added to the schedule?
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »
LL is first, and he's pending confirmation?  I suggest you place a call to him right away.  I may be on the road on the 29th, so I can listen but probably not teach, lol.  But give me a week so I can confirm whether I'm going or not. 

Not trying to get out of it, really I'm not.  I think I got a little nervous when I saw my name up second, lol.  Let me get it sorted out, and maybe I can trade with someone.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »
LL is first, and he's pending confirmation?  I suggest you place a call to him right away.  I may be on the road on the 29th, so I can listen but probably not teach, lol.  But give me a week so I can confirm whether I'm going or not. 

Not trying to get out of it, really I'm not.  I think I got a little nervous when I saw my name up second, lol.  Let me get it sorted out, and maybe I can trade with someone.

LL won't mind. Teaching is his calling, so it's like second nature to him. We could call him Thursday at 9:29 and ask him and he'll be like, "sure, okay. Turn in your Bibles to the book of..."  LOL!  :D :D

But yeah, if he doesn't check in by Monday or so, I'll holla at him.

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 08:29:12 AM »
LL won't mind. Teaching is his calling, so it's like second nature to him. We could call him Thursday at 9:29 and ask him and he'll be like, "sure, okay. Turn in your Bibles to the book of..."    LOL!  :D :D

But yeah, if he doesn't check in by Monday or so, I'll holla at him.

Oh rly?  :o ;D

Well, since I'm here and while I have your attention, turn your Bibles to the book of II Cronicles.  I noticed something really interesting there that....

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 12:34:43 PM »
Oh rly?  :o ;D

Well, since I'm here and while I have your attention, turn your Bibles to the book of II Chronicles.  I noticed something really interesting there that....

Do I know you or what? LOL

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 05:03:16 PM »
Indeed.  :)

Ok, so what's the format going to be like? 

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
Indeed.  :)

Ok, so what's the format going to be like? 

Yeah, that's what I was about to ask. Is it going to be like a formal teaching or is it something like throw a question/issue out there and have roundtable discussion about it? Or a little bit of both?

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »
I would think that the format will depend on what's most comfortable for the individual facilitator. My personal suggestion is that the whole thing - from start to finish - lasts no more than an hour. But this isn't "my" thing, so that's just a suggestion. Some might want to do questions and answers/discussion, some might want to do a lesson, followed by discussion... or some might have something else in mind. One thing I've learned is that there is room in the body for every style of presentation. Rehoboth - the Lord makes room for us. :)

LL, I know you like a lot of interaction, so I already know what this week's style will be. ;) I just don't want anyone to feel restricted or like they have to do it a certain way. If the facilitator is comfortable, the experience will be better for us all.

Let's just all remember that the average adult's attention span is 22 minutes (and the adult with ADD's attention span is 2 minutes. ;D LOL!!!!

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
  • Blue Tears; P!nk Dreams"
    • YouTube

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 06:30:57 AM »
So the number to call would be the Prayer Break number?
Enchanted Living!! I'm living in a kind of daydream; I'm happy as a queen!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 06:41:40 AM »
Reading is Fundamental - even on a Monday morning. LOL!!!! :D :D :D

No, it won't be the same number. ;D

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 07:59:54 AM »
I will have to try and stay awake for this.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 10:16:39 AM »
I just want to say I'm really looking forward to this Thursday's discussion/lesson. I've sat in on a couple of LL's Bible Studies and dude is an awesome teacher.

Those who will, let's please keep him covered in prayer this week (and all the upcoming facilitators as well).  And again, if anyone wants to facilitate one of the discussions, or has a topic suggestion or any other kind of suggestion, speak up!!  :)

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 10:22:26 AM »
I just want to say I'm really looking forward to this Thursday's discussion/lesson. I've sat in on a couple of LL's Bible Studies and dude is an awesome teacher.

Those who will, let's please keep him covered in prayer this week (and all the upcoming facilitators as well).  And again, if anyone wants to facilitate one of the discussions, or has a topic suggestion or any other kind of suggestion, speak up!!  :)

I can't wait. I may be in the LGM chat the majority of the time and my phone will be muted. Only if I have my niece and nephew on that particular Thursday. This will be nice!

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
Yeah I remember when we had Y! church, LL is a very good teacher. Can't wait! ;)
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »
Ugh...With all this build-up, and so little time to prepare (thanks for volunteering me to be first.  lol), I hope I don't disappoint.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »
Ugh...With all this build-up, and so little time to prepare (thanks for volunteering me to be first.  lol), I hope I don't disappoint.

I put you first because I knew you'd need the least time to prepare. LOL!!!!! j/k

I'm not sure why I did it in that order. I think I was just thinking male, female, male, female... lol.

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2009, 04:34:12 AM »
I put you first because I knew you'd need the least time to prepare. LOL!!!!! j/k

I'm not sure why I did it in that order. I think I was just thinking male, female, male, female... lol.
Ya know, that mighta been true while I was self-employed and could make my own schedule...

I think I may have something ready by tomorrow.  You're the first person I'll be calling on!  We'll be in III Corinthians, so study up.

Offline MyVirtue

• LGM Member
  • Blue Tears; P!nk Dreams"
    • YouTube

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2009, 06:55:14 AM »
Ya know, that mighta been true while I was self-employed and could make my own schedule...

I think I may have something ready by tomorrow.  You're the first person I'll be calling on!  We'll be in III Corinthians, so study up.

I'm oging to need a copy of the Special Edition Bible with that book... where can i find it?! Jesus Book store was out!
Enchanted Living!! I'm living in a kind of daydream; I'm happy as a queen!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Up