LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72   Go Down

Author Topic: The TOTAL HEALTH Transformation Club  (Read 115458 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

The TOTAL HEALTH Transformation Club
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:44 PM »
~THIS THREAD IS FOR TRACKING PROGRESS, NOTING SLIP-UPS, ENCOURAGEMENT, AND ADVICE~

As many of you know, I recently linked up with an "accountability partner" of sorts, and this week, we begin our TOTAL HEALTH lifestyle.  It started out with us just developing plans to achieve weight and fitness goals, but after further conversations, we idenitified some other areas that we're going to address as well. We're writing our plans (though both of us have slacked a little on that, but we're gonna get it done THIS WEEK, right partner?  ;)) and we're going to exchange them to help each other stick to it.

Anyone who would like to join in is welcome to identify an area you want to work on, and join the "club" to converse with us about it, brag about your accomplishments (however small you think they might be), or confess your slip-ups (LOL!) so we can encourage you to get back up and start again! A just man falleth seven times... LOL  It doesn't matter what goal you want to set. Maybe you just want to start drinking more water (**looks at B3W**) or maybe you want to try to be nicer to people, or start reading your Bible daily or open up a savings account. It can be a big goal (like losing 50 lbs) or a small goal (like balancing your checkbook on a regular basis).  Whatever YOUR goal is, is fine with us! We want to help you get there, and I think if we all work together and look out for each other, we can get some thangs done.  :D :D

Here are three general areas we identified to work at achieving TOTAL health, with a couple of examples/ideas.

TOTAL SPIRITUAL HEALTH (maybe you want to read your Bible more, pray more, change your language/conversations, better attitude, fast more...)

TOTAL PHYSICAL HEALTH (you might want to start exercising, or drinking water (**looks at B3W**), or eating more veggies)

TOTAL FINANCIAL HEALTH (pay off a bill, clean up your credit, open up a savings account, paying tithes, filing past-due taxes)

Those are just some examples...

And you can be as discreet or as transparent as you want. If you want to join in, but don't want to say what you're working on, that's fine too. We just want to keep each other encouraged and motivated!!  :)

Best wishes to all on the journey to a better YOU!
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: The TOTAL HEALTH Transformation Club
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »
I'm gonna start by saying my weight loss goal is 20 lbs. I kinda started yesterday, but officially started this morning with a glass of water when I woke up.

My spiritual goal is to definitely read my bible more. Dedicating more time each day(before or after my exercise) to reading more.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
My goals have a lot of steps in them (for example, as a part of my PHYSICAL HEALTH, I'm trying to eat more veggies, drink more water, get more sleep, etc.), so I won't list them specifically, but generally, my goals are:

1. PHYSICAL: To improve my overall physical fitness and improve my eating habits.
2. FINANCIAL: To modify my budget and achieve a PERFECT credit score. (Yes, I want a perfect score).  :)
3. SPIRITUAL: I have arrived... no goals necessary.  LOL, just kidding. I have a very healthy prayer life and I study a lot, but Nessa said something that got me to thinking. So my goal here is to designate a specific time period that is ONLY for the Lord - whether prayer, meditation, or study... not TV, not internet, not ministering, not at church... just me and Him alone. I also want to fast more than I do.

Thusfar, I've had at least one bottle of water every day this week (I think??), and I'm about to open up a second today. I've also begun working out, and I'm down to 2 cups of coffee a day (down from 6-8).  Oh, and another accomplishment that wasn't listed is that I used to watch a LOT of TV... either watch it or have it on while I'm doing other things. I haven't watched TV at all in about 3 weeks (other than watching Project Runway and Army Wives online).

By the way, I just thought of this; it might be helpful for the thread:

Remember the "SMART" goals acronym? Goals should be specific, measured, achievable, realistic and time-based.  Though I haven't listed it here, I will be working from a plan.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

churchyreal

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:42 PM »
My overall goal is just to lower signficantly my intake of sodium. So part of that plan is cutting the amount of time I eat out to once or twice a week ideally one time during the week and once on Sunday.

Also to eat breakfast. I have a tendency to only eat lunch and dinner.

30 minute morning walk/jog (whatever I"m feeling that morning...lol)

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »
Right.  More later... LOL!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 07:20:40 PM »
I'm having a lil problem being in the gym with other people. I feel like I'm in a fishbowl. :-\

I think I might have to adjust my routine a lil bit and do it at home.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
Ok, so I'm reporting on the end of my first week.

Successes
1. On average, I've had about 2 bottles of water each day. I haven't had any today yet, but I will before going to bed.

2. I've done my work-out regularly and consistently every day.

3. With the exception of Wednesday night, I got 7 hours of sleep each night.

4. I sought out and found other ways to incorporate exercise into my life, like parking further from the door, doing tippy-toe thingies while waiting on the elevator, and taking the stairs from floor-to-floor.

Failures (gotta come up with a better word... lol)
1. I didn't eat a vegetable every day this week.  In fact, I don't think I've had any vegetables at all this week. LOL

2. I've spent an hour each day in prayer/meditation/study, but I still haven't been able to designate an hour. Gotta nail that down.

3. Still didn't finish re-doing my budget.

The more personal stuff, I'll reserve for convo with my partner.  :)

MM04, Churchyreal, Nessa, how are y'all doing on your goals this week?

churchyreal

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »
Well I just signficantly started Thursday but overall I have been doing good. I've been keeping up with my salt intake and on average I have not had anymore than 1000 mg of sodium come in my body.

Everyday I have walked my school track at least 30 minutes.

Haven't had water today like I should.

Been taking my medicine every night as well.

Just a question though: Is grilled chicken a low-sodium option?

churchyreal

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Just wanna give a testimony:

Ever since I started this transformation process I had not had as many headaches during the day. My head hasn't felt this well in so long!! The only time I might have a headache now is when I'm hungry or when I get really excited about something. Besides that my head ain't felt this great in so long...hallelujah!

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:56 AM »
I messed up Friday Night. It was my aunt's 27th birthday and my other aunt( who's won awards for her deserts) made her famous Red Velvet Cake. I gave in  :( I guess I'll do some extra crunches or extra time on the eliptical.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »
Ok we're gonna have to do better, sis. I messed up Sabbath and Sunday. Had no water and no vegetables. :-\

I also couldn't work out at all Sabbath and Sunday, and probably won't be able to work out today. I'm having a really hard time moving anything below the waist. I think my legs are brokeded or something. :(

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:08 AM »
Ok we're gonna have to do better, sis. I messed up Sabbath and Sunday. Had no water and no vegetables. :-\

I also couldn't work out at all Sabbath and Sunday, and probably won't be able to work out today. I'm having a really hard time moving anything below the waist. I think my legs are brokeded or something. :(

Wow. Well it was the first week. We have to be stronger.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:42 AM »
Wow. Well it was the first week. We have to be stronger.

Yep! This week will be a better one! I just grabbed a bottle of water, and after my coffee, I'll start sipping on it.  I'm going to Walmart this afternoon to get some of the Crystal Light things everyone keeps telling me about. Hopefully, that'll help.  I guess I'll also try to find some vegetables I can eat conveniently.  ::) :-\

I'm DETERMINED to accomplish this! DETERMINED!!!

We're gonna do this, sis! Me, you, Churchy, Nessa, and anyone else who's making the efforts to be as physically healthy as we strive to be spiritually healthy!  ;D  We're gonna do it!

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »

I'm DETERMINED to accomplish this! DETERMINED!!!

We're gonna do this, sis! Me, you, Churchy, Nessa, and anyone else who's making the efforts to be as physically healthy as we strive to be spiritually healthy!  ;D  We're gonna do it!

:D :D
Just made me excited!
I was like....bleh :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ because I messed up....but now I'm better ;D

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 08:49:22 AM »
Okay, I'm doing pretty good so far.  Tracking calories is what I need to pay special attention to right now.  Also, I have to work in the exercise time, and haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do that.  In the long run I want to purchase an elyptical (sp?) for my apartment, but in the meantime, I guess walking is the answer.  Oh yeah, and Reno made the sudden overnight transition from summer to winter last week so... that's throwing another wrench in my plans, lol.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »
:D :D
Just made me excited!
I was like....bleh :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ because I messed up....but now I'm better ;D

And THAT... is the purpose of this thread.  ;)

Okay, I'm doing pretty good so far.  Tracking calories is what I need to pay special attention to right now.  Also, I have to work in the exercise time, and haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do that.  In the long run I want to purchase an elyptical (sp?) for my apartment, but in the meantime, I guess walking is the answer.  Oh yeah, and Reno made the sudden overnight transition from summer to winter last week so... that's throwing another wrench in my plans, lol.

I think you mentioned doing that around the holiday? Or was that someone else?? LOL... either way, look on Ebay or Craigslist.

I'm looking online now to see how you can calculate a general idea of what your caloric intake should be. BT might be able to help, too.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
And THAT... is the purpose of this thread.  ;)

I think you mentioned doing that around the holiday? Or was that someone else?? LOL... either way, look on Ebay or Craigslist.

I'm looking online now to see how you can calculate a general idea of what your caloric intake should be. BT might be able to help, too.
Yeah, I was thinking for Christmas.  You're right, I should check craigslist first, I didn't think about that.  I'm also trying to get some other furnishings, so I have to prioritize in what order I'm going to do it.  That elyptical SHOULD be first, but I need a TV!  LOL!

Brittsings87

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 01:01:15 PM »
....Alright, I guess I'll jump on the band wagon.

I'll post more later.

Offline MissMusic04

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »
I am realizing how many habits I have to break. I just at about 4 kisses and didn't even think about my transformation. I'm used to nibbling here and there on junk food. Ok...time to get serious and concentrate.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 01:48:26 PM »
I am realizing how many habits I have to break. I just at about 4 kisses and didn't even think about my transformation. I'm used to nibbling here and there on junk food. Ok...time to get serious and concentrate.

Where'd ya get 'em from?? If you have more, you should give them away. That's a nice way to make someone smile, too.  :)  If you got them from a co-worker, you need to tell him/her that you're trying to cut out excessive sweets, and ask him/her to slap your wrist next time they see you popping chocolate! LOL!!

That's why it's always good to tell people. Some folks are happy to keep you accountable.  ;D

Secondly, stock your drawers at work with healthier snacks.

FWIW, there's nothing wrong with a kiss or two. Just (a) be conscious of it... lol. You don't wanna be eating them and not realizing it until after you've eaten them.  :D :D :D (b) make yourself "pay" for it. When you fall off, make yourself work the calories off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What am I gonna do for a vegetable today??!!!  :-[
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 72   Go Up