LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One-World Currency - a sign of the times?  (Read 805 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

One-World Currency - a sign of the times?
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:00:59 PM »
"Biblical Signs of the times....watch and pray. One-world currency is the first and perhaps most important staple in the creation of a one-world government. And that is one of the greatest prophetical signs of Christ's imminent return the Bible has to offer." (from a FBF)

**This isn't my type of subject, but I know a few of you get into this stuff... so, what do you think? What does this mean?**

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/6152204/UN-wants-new-global-currency-to-replace-dollar.html

In a radical report, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has said the system of currencies and capital rules which binds the world economy is not working properly, and was largely responsible for the financial and economic crises.

It added that the present system, under which the dollar acts as the world's reserve currency , should be subject to a wholesale reconsideration.

Although a number of countries, including China and Russia, have suggested replacing the dollar as the world's reserve currency, the UNCTAD report is the first time a major multinational institution has posited such a suggestion.

In essence, the report calls for a new Bretton Woods-style system of managed international exchange rates, meaning central banks would be forced to intervene and either support or push down their currencies depending on how the rest of the world economy is behaving.

The proposals would also imply that surplus nations such as China and Germany should stimulate their economies further in order to cut their own imbalances, rather than, as in the present system, deficit nations such as the UK and US having to take the main burden of readjustment.

"Replacing the dollar with an artificial currency would solve some of the problems related to the potential of countries running large deficits and would help stability," said Detlef Kotte, one of the report's authors. "But you will also need a system of managed exchange rates. Countries should keep real exchange rates [adjusted for inflation] stable. Central banks would have to intervene and if not they would have to be told to do so by a multilateral institution such as the International Monetary Fund."

The proposals, included in UNCTAD's annual Trade and Development Report , amount to the most radical suggestions for redesigning the global monetary system.
Although many economists have pointed out that the economic crisis owed more to the malfunctioning of the post-Bretton Woods system, until now no major institution, including the G20 , has come up with an alternative.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: One-World Currency - a sign of the times?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »
I don't think that this means much.....yet.  I'm pretty sure that the idea of a single global currency is nothing new.  It is perhaps because of the current state of the world economy that this has any significance.  However, if there is ever any serious talk about consolidating governments than I think we'd be so much closer to seeing the anti-Christ revealed and the end of the church age will be at hand.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »
the problem with this one is that it lacks the ability to enforce its rules.

just look at China Vs the USA... one wants the other to change the value of their currency... and it ain't happening cause that would make someone else poorer...

a one world currency would be time or energy... something like oil or electricity is easily understood...

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:53:16 AM »
"Biblical Signs of the times....watch and pray. One-world currency is the first and perhaps most important staple in the creation of a one-world government. And that is one of the greatest prophetical signs of Christ's imminent return the Bible has to offer." (from a FBF)

**This isn't my type of subject, but I know a few of you get into this stuff... so, what do you think? What does this mean?**

I'm trying to say as little as I can on a topic I could write an essay on:

I completely co-sign the quoted statement.

2 things that the anti-christ needs to take over:

1) Single world currency [this can happen anytime in the space of 1 year to 15 yrs +-]- remember, it's very few people who control world economies, some presidents are just faces and have no [economic] power over their countries as the multitudes might perceive.

Without saying too much [from economic science or the bible], I can give an example of one of the companies that really have power in all geographies of the world- that company is TATA, I work for it's subsidiary.
 If you look at their product portfolio, you see that they pretty much own many countries- India being 1.
We all know about BRIC, African Union, Euro. Union + more? that's the platform for all these things to happen...I'm not saying that these unions are of the devil...but if we are wise enough like the sons of Issachar, we will be able to tell the times...

2) The antichrist  needs 1 religious system to control people. This does not mean that  everyone will stop being christian/ attending church before this happens.

i.m.o, it simply means that those arch-bishops and what not who represent all these "church councils" or church fraternities of the world, with popaa, other religious "leaders" and Israel's chief spiritual leaders  will reach certain agreements/ consensus, all in the name of world peace [kinda like those "Let's pray for our city/ America/ World Peace" and everyone, including the atheist is given the platform to pray to their god on national tv ::) >:(]

Those signs are clear with us [I know someone out there is saying the signs have always been there.. ::)]

So what's keeping the antichrist from manifesting? In short, I think 2Thess.2 gives us the answer. [2Thess.2:7-8]
Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:15:30 AM »

2) The antichrist  needs 1 religious system to control people.

Interestingly, the Vatican had recently voiced its support for a one-world currency.

“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline Jazz_06

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 01:59:19 PM »
The vatican will support a one world currency as they already support and have initiated a one world religion. Thats the entire operation of the anti-christ and false prophet: one world government, and one world religion.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »
The vatican will support a one world currency as they already support and have initiated a one world religion. Thats the entire operation of the anti-christ and false prophet: one world government, and one world religion.
Interestingly, the Vatican had recently voiced its support for a one-world currency.

That's it folks- the wicked one is already at work secretly- but those that hear the Word of God can see it all. Only Holy Ghost is now slowing things down, but He will not always strive with mankind..whether we like it or not, that will happen, just like Judas had to betray the Lord Jesus.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 10:01:04 PM »
umm guys don't all Christians advocate a one world religion?

Matt. 28:19-20?

Then of course it happens in the book of revelations.

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 02:14:11 AM »
umm guys don't all Christians advocate a one world religion?

Matt. 28:19-20?

Then of course it happens in the book of revelations.

No. i don't. That is like saying everyone on earth will be born again before Jesus comes again. That won't happen. Though we preach and wish everyone could be born again.

The instance in the book of Revelation is after Jesus' second coming.
If/ when there is one world religion before the second coming, then it will definately have some blasphemy/ falsehood in it.
That's just my assessment based on what I read from the bible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up