LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Finding a New Church To play At!  (Read 2222 times)

Offline sonorJ

• LGM Member

Help Finding a New Church To play At!
« on: January 05, 2005, 03:54:02 AM »
:? wASSUP everyone, I'm Jonathan from OKC, and I need some advice on how to go about finding other churches to play for. Iv'e been in Oklahoma for 4 years now, and am finding it hard to share my time and talent with my church home. Nobody is in the the praise and worship section of the service, the music minister does gets concerts organized too late, and they are not serious about, they just look at it as something to do on Sundays and Wednesdays. I need help on what type of approach I should make when looking for another church to play at! Me being good enough is no problem :wink: ( I've payed for both Fred HAmmond (percussion) and CeCe Winans(drums) when they came to Texas a couple years back), I just want to explore my options and listen to the Lord. but I'm still gonna stay at my home church, I just need something on the side as a sense of relief! :oops:  

Be Blessed! 8O

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 09:05:26 AM »
I would try to contact other churches that your home church is affiliated with. You can start with those churches since you should already be a familiar face with thier musicians. When you approach people to play at thier churches be sure that they understand that you're not looking to just come in and take over.

I know that here in Philly, it's like a network. As long as you know one of the musicians in the church you should be ok. You just need someone to vouch for you.

Offline saywhuut

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 10:04:21 AM »
What was the drummer's name who you were playin with when you played for Fred Hammond?  And Cece Winans?  How'd  you get to play with them?  just wonderin cuz that sounds like it'd be a nice nice time

Offline sonorJ

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 01:36:14 AM »
The drummer I was playing percussion with CeCe with, was a guy by the name of Kelvin Wallace, whom was the head of percussion at the church she performed at here in OKC! It definitely was'nt the dude that's playing with her now on the "In The Throne Room" dvd, he's crazy talented 8O ..... By the way, after that gig, she wanted me to play for her on the "Alabaster Box" Tour, but the dates would conflict with my schooling :cry:

I played percussion with the best drummer to ever sit on a  "Pork Pie", My gift influence, Marvin Mcquitty. The best night of my life!!!!! Playing for Fred Hammond was an experience of a lifetime!! We performed songs mostly from the "Purpose by Design" album, like "you are the living word", "When you praise", and "Let me praise you Now"! This was when the original band was together including Noel Hall on keybord and Jonathan Keppler on organ. I wanted to play drums but I did'nt want to disrespect "King Marvin" so I filled in for Darius on percussion. 8)

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 09:30:01 PM »
man, dude. in tulsa, all the drummers and musicians all pretty much know each other. maybe you should move down to tulsa. we always have a need for drummers, especially annointed ones. i know at my church. there are like 4 or 5 guys who are trying to fill the drummers chair so we gotta always practice and just believe........

its all good an its all GOD
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777
Pages: [1]   Go Up