LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Either.....Or???  (Read 1160 times)

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

Either.....Or???
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »
Just a question to ALL the musician out there.....Would you rather be a musician that tours with a specific artist...or a musician that just plays on the actual album???? N which do you think would make more...and benefit you more???

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

Re: Either.....Or???
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »
Session drummer gets more money.

Traveling drummer gets more drugs, alcohol and womenz... (unfortunately this sometimes includes Christian artists too).

Your choice.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »
Depends on where I'm at in life. If I didnt have a day job, then I would choose touring. It would be great to travel the world and share my gift.

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 06:56:36 PM »
its not a hard question to answer, actually a person go both ways to when it comes to job wise but if you talk wat comes with the job like the temptation that when you have to ask your self where are you exactly in your christian walk in life, if your easily tempted all you have to do is not join your self with the crowd but if thats hard to do then, you really have to step back and consult your pastor or your shepard, who ever watches over your soul he or she can better give you advice.  I rather better hot or cold and not lukewarm, meaning im in it all the way or not in it all, no since in playing church, hell is way to hot to play around the edges with.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 07:15:33 PM »
its not a hard question to answer, actually a person go both ways to when it comes to job wise but if you talk wat comes with the job like the temptation that when you have to ask your self where are you exactly in your christian walk in life, if your easily tempted all you have to do is not join your self with the crowd but if thats hard to do then, you really have to step back and consult your pastor or your shepard, who ever watches over your soul he or she can better give you advice.  I rather better hot or cold and not lukewarm, meaning im in it all the way or not in it all, no since in playing church, hell is way to hot to play around the edges with.

I think you can be just as tempted in the church as you can playing on a gospel tour....btjm

Offline Jedi3

• LGM Member
  • "Do or do not. There is no try."

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »
I think you can be just as tempted in the church as you can playing on a gospel tour....btjm

Probably more so.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 10:34:26 AM »
...a session drummer makes more. Check out j_kay's thread to find out why and how.
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline MMPassion

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 05:44:22 PM »
Definately Both!
If your output exceeds your input, your lack of upkeep will be your downfall!
Pages: [1]   Go Up