LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Choir Parts for "Healing"  (Read 4782 times)

Skizo Frene

Choir Parts for "Healing"
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:41:38 AM »
Go listen to a choir song, you know. Come back with questions.

All, our choir director wants to do my favorite song of all-time: Healing by Richard Smallwood.

I can play the song note for note, but hearing the individual parts is new for me...HELP!!!

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

Re: Choir Parts for "Healing"
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:58 AM »
I plan to chart this out this evening for you.  Thanks
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Skizo Frene

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:50:38 AM »
I plan to chart this out this evening for you.  Thanks

You have no idea I'd appreciate that.   :-[

Thx in advance.   ;D

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »
Looks like you're in good hands, bruh.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Skizo Frene

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 12:08:13 PM »
Looks like you're in good hands, bruh.

It seems so.   :)

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 04:44:11 PM »
Follow up:  It might not be tonight :(
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 12:06:38 AM »
Man you got me up late working with King Rule Breaker. Theres alot of Secondary Dominants in this one, but it still follows the rules.

CEbAb - Don't
DFBb - be
DFBb - dis
EbGBb - couraged
BbEbG - Joy
CEbAb, Db, Eb - comes in the
BbEbGb - morn-
AbDbF - ing
BbDbF - Know
AbCEb - that
GBbEb, Ab, Bb - God is
AbCEb - nigh

Stand still and look up
God is going to show up
He is standing by

EbAbC - There's healing
DbGbBb - for
EbAbC - your
FAbDb - sorrow
EAbDb - Healing
EbAbC - for
DbGBb - your
EbAbC - pain

Healing for your spirit
There's shelter from the rain
Lord send the healing
For this we know
There is a balm in Gilead
For there's a balm in Gilead
To heal the soul

Healing for the soul

Ill finish later. They also double alot of the soprano for the baritones if you have any.

Skizo Frene

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 08:18:50 AM »
Man you got me up late working with King Rule Breaker. Theres alot of Secondary Dominants in this one, but it still follows the rules.

CEbAb - Don't
DFBb - be
DFBb - dis
EbGBb - couraged
BbEbG - Joy
CEbAb, Db, Eb - comes in the
BbEbGb - morn-
AbDbF - ing
BbDbF - Know
AbCEb - that
GBbEb, Ab, Bb - God is
AbCEb - nigh

Stand still and look up
God is going to show up
He is standing by

EbAbC - There's healing
DbGbBb - for
EbAbC - your
FAbDb - sorrow
EAbDb - Healing
EbAbC - for
DbGBb - your
EbAbC - pain

Healing for your spirit
There's shelter from the rain
Lord send the healing
For this we know
For there's a balm in Gilead
To heal the soul

Healing for the soul

Ill finish later. They also double alot of the soprano for the baritones if you have any.

Thank you for taking the time to post this.  But....

This doesn't tell me what the different parts are.  I know the chords (note for note), but I need the individual parts for 3 part harmony.  The parts don't strictly follow the chord pattern.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to post this.  But....

This doesn't tell me what the different parts are.  I know the chords (note for note), but I need the individual parts for 3 part harmony.  The parts don't strictly follow the chord pattern.

Actually, if you look at the notes and think Tenor, Alto, Soprano, the notes are spot on (to my recollection, I haven't listened to the song in quite some time).

The moving part (illustrated by CSE's individual notes: the single note Db in the phrase 'comes in the morning' and the single note Ab in the phrase 'God is nigh' the remainder of both phrases are in three part harmony) is carried by the Tenors.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Skizo Frene

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11:07 AM »
Actually, if you look at the notes and think Tenor, Alto, Soprano, the notes are spot on (to my recollection, I haven't listened to the song in quite some time).

The moving part (illustrated by CSE's individual notes: the single note Db in the phrase 'comes in the morning' and the single note Ab in the phrase 'God is nigh' the remainder of both phrases are in three part harmony) is carried by the Tenors.

I was thinking Tenor, Alto, Soprano.  I could most definitely be wrong though.

For me: Chords are much easier to hear than voices.

This is going to take some time and practice.

Thanks again for all your help. :)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 10:20:22 AM »
I was thinking Tenor, Alto, Soprano.  I could most definitely be wrong though.

For me: Chords are much easier to hear than voices.

This is going to take some time and practice.

Thanks again for all your help. :)

Never a problem, bruh.  :)

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 03:03:24 PM »

yeah thanks. It is posted in the SAT format. Soprano
                                                                       Alto
                                                                       Tenor

(ie first chord)

CEbAb

Ab- Sop
Eb- Alto
C-  Ten

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
I think he wants it like the Disney ball like I do it (Show the note for each word/syllable).  Things got hectic at work which is why I had to recant my statement, but I hope to have this for you soon.

Christmas donations will be accepted ;D

Offline tlgiles

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 11:41:04 PM »
*repeat as directed* - Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any more song I can do for you!!! Be Blessed!!!!

Don't be dis cou raged  joy comes in -  the morning.  Know that Go -d is nigh.  Stand still and look up. God is  go ing to show up
S:   Ab   Bb Bb Bb    Bb     G      G    Ab--- Ab Ab   Ab      F     F    Eb---Eb  Eb       Ab   Bb   Bb  Bb  Bb   G   G  Ab Ab Ab   Ab  Ab   
A:    F    F   F  G      G      Eb    Eb   Eb F   Gb Gb   F       Db   C     Bb C Db  C         F    F     F   G    G    Eb Eb Eb  F  Gb   Gb   F
T:    C   D   D  Eb    Eb      Bb    Bb   C  Db Eb Eb   Db      Bb   Ab   G  Ab Bb Ab       C    D     D   Eb  Eb   Bb  Bb C  Db Eb   Eb  Db

He is sta -nd ing by.  There's healing for your sorrow. Healing for your pain. Healing for your spi rit. There's shelter from the rain
S: F   F  Eb---- Eb Eb       Ab     Db Db  Bb   C   Db Db   Db  Db  C    Bb   C    Ab  Ab  Bb   C    C  C      C      Bb Bb   Bb    Bb  Bb
A: Db C  Bb  C   Db C        Eb     Ab Ab  Gb  Ab  Ab Ab   Bb   Bb  Ab   G   Ab    F   F    G   Ab   Ab Ab    Ab     F   F    G     Ab   G
T: Bb Ab G  Ab  Bb Ab        C      Eb Eb  Db  Eb   F   F    E    E    Eb   Db  Eb   C   C    Eb  Eb   Eb Eb     Eb     D  D    Eb    F    Eb

Lord send a healing. For this we know. *There is  a  Balm in Gil  e  ad.  For  there's a  Balm in Gil  e  ad.*
S:   Eb   Bb  C  Db C     C    Db  Eb  Db        Bb   C  Db  Eb  Eb Eb Eb Eb    E      Eb   Db  Eb  Eb Eb Eb Eb 
A:   Bb   G   Ab Bb Ab    A   Bb   C   Bb         E   Ab Bb   C   C   C  C   C    Db     C    Bb   C   C  C   C  C
T:   G    Eb  Eb  E  Eb    F    F    Gb  F         Db  Eb  E   Ab  Ab Ab Ab Ab   Ab    Ab   Ab  Ab  Ab Ab Ab Ab 

There is  a  Balm in Gil  e  ad to heal the soul *Healing for  the soul.*
S:   Bb   C  Db  Eb  Eb Eb Eb Eb C   Bb   Ab  Ab    F   F    G    Ab   Ab
A:    E   Ab Bb   C   C   C  C   C Ab  G    Eb  Eb    Db Db  Eb   Eb    Eb
T:   Db  Eb  E   Ab  Ab Ab Ab Ab F  Eb    Db  C     Ab Ab  Bb   Db    C
Please! Do you!!!

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 11:51:10 PM »
Very good - just wish LGM's attach File feature worked properly. Those Choir parts are not lining up well on my screen...
:(

Offline tlgiles

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 12:10:10 AM »
And is that w/ your screen maximized?
Please! Do you!!!

Skizo Frene

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »
I actually, finally, did this myself  earlier this week.  I can see that my findings are pretty much the same as tlgiles and cse.  tlgiles, you had the Tenors sing a Gb during the "For this we know" section.  I hear F all the way through.  Other than that we have pretty much the same thing.

Thank you all for taking the time.  Looking at your notes gave me a jumpstart (because before I couldn't hear half of what I hear now).  Now every time I listen to a choir song I hear what I didn't hear before.

Thanks again.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »
I actually, finally, did this myself  earlier this week.  I can see that my findings are pretty much the same as tlgiles and cse.  tlgiles, you had the Tenors sing a Gb during the "For this we know" section.  I hear F all the way through.  Other than that we have pretty much the same thing.

Thank you all for taking the time.  Looking at your notes gave me a jumpstart (because before I couldn't hear half of what I hear now).  Now every time I listen to a choir song I hear what I didn't hear before.

Thanks again.
Off the top of my head, I believe you're right.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »
And is that w/ your screen maximized?

Doesn't seem to make a difference - either way they don't line up...
:(

Offline tlgiles

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »

Thanks again.

If you listen carefully on that part, "For this we know". You will hear the tenors go up a half step to Gb on "we". I went back and listened to that part a few times and it is F   F   Gb    F.
Please! Do you!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up