LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/8" to 1/8" Cable Issues (Amplifer)  (Read 732 times)

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

1/8" to 1/8" Cable Issues (Amplifer)
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
I use a short 1/8" to 1/8" cable to connect my CD Player or (my soon to be ex  :'() laptop to my amp to hear music or to play along with it.  Recently I've been getting feedback when I plug the cable into my laptop.  At first it would go away when I started playing songs on Imeem.  Now Imeem is OOC (Out of Commission) for the time being and no other website is making the feedback go away.  I don't know why it went away when I started playing songs from imeem, but I figured if it worked there it would work other places too.  :-\

Anyway, I don't know how to get rid of this feedback.  I don't think the amp is the issue.  I'm not sure why the computer would be an issue.  The chord seems to work on other things just fine.  I have no idea what's going on here.  Can you help me?

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

Re: 1/8" to 1/8" Cable Issues (Amplifer)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »
Does your laptop have a microphone on it? If so, make sure it's disabled when you plug into the external jack like that.

To me, it sounds like you're creating a feedback loop with the laptop, and that's the only reason I could think of that it would do that.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »
like JP said,maybe swap cables,(2) does it happen if your computer is only in front of or to the side of the amp where an internal mic would feed(3)is it at ALL volume levels,maybe try turning down the output of both the computer/amp;see if it's a balance problem.We're gonna start a rumor you're too hot to handle Koda lol

any chance your signal is being fed to another amp/monitor/pa-and THAT is the problem?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:34:25 AM »
Does your laptop have a microphone on it? If so, make sure it's disabled when you plug into the external jack like that.

To me, it sounds like you're creating a feedback loop with the laptop, and that's the only reason I could think of that it would do that.

thats most likely it. same thing happened to me, and it blew my tweeter. :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up