LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accugrove  (Read 3386 times)

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Accugrove
« on: December 20, 2009, 04:55:54 AM »
Can anyone here provide me with their personal experience with the Accugrove bass cabinets?

I am thinking about starting a savings fund (seriously if a bank wants to pay me to open a savings account with them. I think I will do that instead of buying gear on credit) to fund future bass purchases.

I'm thinking about getting the El Whappo. I like that it has speakers of different sizes. I play a 5-string bass and based on my limited knowledge and experiences different size speakers handle certain frequencies differently.

On the other hand I am also thinking about the SWR triad. (but it weighs more then the El Whappo)

I wish I could play through one but I think the closest dealer is 8 hours away from where I live.

I'm thinking about paring it with an M9 Carbine, but I'm not a 100% certain on that yet.

Offline rick1906

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Accugrove
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:58:35 AM »
I have the Whappo Jr and it's a definite keeper. I get a ton of compiments on my tone and it has a ton of bottom with clarity. On top of that, it is lightweight around 60 pounds. I haven't played anywhere where I needed more than this single cabinet.

I also just picked up a Tri112L and have another one that I'll receive after Christmas.

I love Accugroove products and you can always talk directly to Mark Wright if there are problems or questions.

You can't go wrong with Accugroove.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »
Are there any negative comments about accugrove?

I think this will something I buy for christmas in 2010, but I just want to make sure.

Offline rick1906

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
The only negatives I can think of would be price and limited dealers in my area. Brand new Accugrooves can be rather expensive and I haven't been able to find a dealer near me where I could try before buying. In fact, I ordered both my Whappo Jr and Tri112L directly from Mark Wright @ Accugroove. However, I've been extremely satisfied and didn't miss anything by not trying them first.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 08:13:37 AM »
Thanks you

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Offline NE_Groove

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »
Well, I first heard them from this man playing them at a live concert  http://www.billthebuddhadickens.com/page.php?8 who endorses them. and now I pair my "EL Wappo" with my 4x10 swr for bigger outdoor events I play when needed. I like the switch in the back of the cab which enables you to go to 2,4,or 8 ohms. It is a sweet cab by far.

Offline Sadowsky1

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »
I owned a Triad for 6 years. It is a great All around bass cab for the money you can't beat it. BUT Accugroove anything is a Beast you cannot go wrong with them. Not big on the west coast. Oh they are pricey, too.

James

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
Well this is proof that much of the sound comes from the player. Both are playing the same bass with the same settings and it sounds different when each guy plays.
Tony Newton - Bill Dickens - Bass Lesson
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 12:20:44 AM »
hmm just realized the m9 rack version weighs 28 lbs ... might need to reconsider

Offline SketchMan3

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • In the "Gran Mountain..."

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 01:02:16 PM »
Well this is proof that much of the sound comes from the player. Both are playing the same bass with the same settings and it sounds different when each guy plays.
Tony Newton - Bill Dickens - Bass Lesson

Indeed
... lies the entrance to "Garloz"
Pages: [1]   Go Up