LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Labs Neko LX5  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

Open Labs Neko LX5
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:13:49 AM »
For a mere 5400.00 this could be the board of all boards.
 http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/Open-Labs-NeKo-LX5-Portable-Keyboard-Workstation?sku=581560

This is a complete studio in a board.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Re: Open Labs Neko LX5
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:20:22 AM »
pretty cool concept;and considering;NOT all that bad $$$$$$$.I have seen a few u-tube and Namm clips;more than I want or need.Sort of like the Muse Receptor;another cool concept.If I was 30;I could get interested.

How you liking your Korg bro-played one a few weeks ago with a B3/bass patch called "bass split " ;was sitting by the speaker;felt that sucker PUSHin' air at my feet! Like having a bass player with you,and some of the jazz drums /grooves are Killer.

If I had some spare change;I could justify getting one just for those 2 feature!!! My church is thinking about another board,due to the price point it may be the Korg;although my vote would be for an XS 6 or 7

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:03:53 PM »
My take on this board it more of studio board with everything including the ability to invite other musicians to lay down tracks and do your mix. I can't actually see taking this to do a show just much.

I'm loving the board and those drum tracks and grooves are sweet. You got to get a chance to through a lot of the grooves and mix and match the styles w/different kits to get a sound that's totally different.

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:58:13 AM »
Thanks for the post, it's a shame and I feel sorry for everyone that bought one. Now how do they feel about the whole idea of having to have the newest toy? Sometime you need to wait awhile and see what happens.

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 07:25:20 AM »
I couldn't open the link.did open labs go belly up?

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
It appears that way.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 12:24:06 PM »
Thanks for the post, it's a shame and I feel sorry for everyone that bought one. Now how do they feel about the whole idea of having to have the newest toy? Sometime you need to wait awhile and see what happens.

Which also makes the argument for buying from those who are established such as Roland or Yamaha.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up