LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to know the real reason why musicans need top pay at a church?  (Read 48077 times)

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

Re: I want to know the real reason why musicans need top pay at a church?
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2010, 08:59:20 AM »
seems like Gospel musicians have the worst grammar. I even see it on facebook with the popular musicians, they always try to post something deep and philosophical, but look stupid because they cant write for nothing. Rant over.

Says the person that did not capitalize the first letter in the above referenced sentence.  Facebook is also a proper noun, which should also be capitalized.  "Can't" is a contraction, but you've failed to utilize an apostrophe.  Also, "...cant write for nothing." is horrendous grammar.  In addition to that, you've used a double negative within the same sentence.  Oh yea - a semicolon should have been used after musicians.

It's not nice to lump people together, especially when you don't have it together yourself when you're calling groups of people out...

~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2010, 10:36:11 AM »
...jkay, you're a mess. lol.
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2010, 11:57:16 AM »
Says the person that did not capitalize the first letter in the above referenced sentence.  Facebook is also a proper noun, which should also be capitalized.  "Can't" is a contraction, but you've failed to utilize an apostrophe.  Also, "...cant write for nothing." is horrendous grammar.  In addition to that, you've used a double negative within the same sentence.  Oh yea - a semicolon should have been used after musicians.

It's not nice to lump people together, especially when you don't have it together yourself when you're calling groups of people out...

:D :D :D :D :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline justbass

• LGM Member

« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2010, 12:12:50 PM »
I though this "gospel" site was for all gospel musicans,didn't know you had to have a high school or college degree to be apart of this site.

Some of you guys sure know how to make your brothers/sisters in the Lord feel bad,if someone came up to you and ask you to pray for them......."hey, im gowin through some hard thing right now,i sure can use you to pray for me"....are you going to pray for them or make fun of then because of the words they used?   :-\ :-\
Hey man, give me that bass befor you hurt your self!!

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »
I though this "gospel" site was for all gospel musicans,didn't know you had to have a high school or college degree to be apart of this site.
Neither did we.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2010, 12:49:37 PM »
That "gospel site" excuse doesn't work here in the Drum room.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
What's up, NUPE?

At nothin', Phi. Jus' chillin'; 'bout to go to this V-day banquet my church is hosting.

How've you been, good brother?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2010, 01:34:19 PM »

Some of you guys sure know how to make your brothers/sisters in the Lord feel bad,if someone came up to you and ask you to pray for them......."hey, im gowin through some hard thing right now,i sure can use you to pray for me"....are you going to pray for them or make fun of then because of the words they used?   :-\ :-\

Why must this be an either/or proposition?  :-\ :D

If they wrote it, I'm laughin, then prayin'.

If they said it, I'm prayin, then laughin'.  :D

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2010, 02:44:25 PM »
Bet nicca I speak English its my six language I apologize.I am still learning. How well do you read and write other languages other that your own.

I know a little bit of Spanish and ASL, but I've never heard the term "bet nicca".  If it's English I know what you mean and you really didn't have to go there whether you're black or not.  I don't care if you were talking to me or not, it's disrespectful.  If "bet nicca" means something else and it's not disrespectful then please translate and disregard my little rant.  :)

Offline A sponge

• LGM Member

« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »
I love learngospelmusic.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »

Um...I was preaching to myself as well. :D

I'm not saying online grammar has to be perfect, but what we write should at least make sense.

Offline justbass

• LGM Member

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »
Um...I was preaching to myself as well. :D

I'm not saying online grammar has to be perfect, but what we write should at least make sense.

i Do aG"rEe!.?
Hey man, give me that bass befor you hurt your self!!

Offline RGASKIN

• LGM Member
  • An muscian ready to explore !!!!

« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »
To sum it up in a nut shell!!!!

The reason quality musicians expect good pay is b/c they 1st of all be at the church more than the Pastor does and has way more responsibilities than da Pastor.... It's just so happen that he has the most important part and that's bringing the word.He don't have to really do nuthing but hear from the Lord. Musicians gotta Learn songs,get instruments,set up equipment,go to 3 different rehearsals and prolly be at bible study also,and so on... Just think about stuff before u come on an Gospel Musician site venting CRAP!!!!

If a preacher gift is to preach then why is he not preaching for free then and working an part-time job if it's God giving.... And dude,ur getting screwed if ur using your gift for free.... Oh,my bad, getting used for free.... All dat hard work for nuthing.... Pityful Doc!!!!

I'm praying for u and your wallet to be healed!!!!
- Drum Ducer

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »

The reason quality musicians expect good pay is b/c they 1st of all be at the church more than the Pastor does and has way more responsibilities than da Pastor.... It's just so happen that he has the most important part and that's bringing the word.He don't have to really do nuthing but hear from the Lord. Musicians gotta Learn songs,get instruments,set up equipment,go to 3 different rehearsals and prolly be at bible study also,and so on... Just think about stuff before u come on an Gospel Musician site venting CRAP!!!!

You know you're asking for it.

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »

If a preacher gift is to preach then why is he not preaching for free then and working an part-time job if it's God giving.... And dude,ur getting screwed if ur using your gift for free.... Oh,my bad, getting used for free.... All dat hard work for nuthing.... Pityful Doc!!!!

I'm praying for u and your wallet to be healed!!!!

I looked at your profile and noticed that you are a musician; more specifically a drummer. No offense to you or any other musician reading this but our responsibililties doesn't begin to compare to that of a pastor. If you only play an instrument, your responsibilities doesn't even compare to a music director's responsibilities. Im humbled that I only have to motivate paid and unpaid music staff to learn and execute songs in a manner of excellence. I would hate to constantly deal with couples on the verge of divorce, phone calls in the middle of night from people attempting suicide, constant attacks by the enemy because of your position, etc. Being a pastor is a 24/7 job.

To assume that he /she only "brings the word" is just plain ol' silly or ignorant. I guarantee you that many people assume you just show up and play your chosen instrument. However, in your profile you mention that you are a professional drummer so I'm sure you know the hard work and preperation that goes into your craft.

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »
Why must this be an either/or proposition?  :-\ :D

If they wrote it, I'm laughin, then prayin'.

If they said it, I'm prayin, then laughin'.  :D

This was so funny!!!  :D :D :D

Offline lorenz_j

• LGM Member

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »
Another topic on musicians getting paid, huh lol

Welp, I'll just mention a bedrock scripture to help those who struggle and don't struggle with the issue:

Matthew 6:33 (King James Version)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2010, 11:47:24 PM »
I looked at your profile and noticed that you are a musician; more specifically a drummer. No offense to you or any other musician reading this but our responsibililties doesn't begin to compare to that of a pastor. If you only play an instrument, your responsibilities doesn't even compare to a music director's responsibilities. Im humbled that I only have to motivate paid and unpaid music staff to learn and execute songs in a manner of excellence. I would hate to constantly deal with couples on the verge of divorce, phone calls in the middle of night from people attempting suicide, constant attacks by the enemy because of your position, etc. Being a pastor is a 24/7 job.
To assume that he /she only "brings the word" is just plain ol' silly or ignorant. I guarantee you that many people assume you just show up and play your chosen instrument. However, in your profile you mention that you are a professional drummer so I'm sure you know the hard work and preperation that goes into your craft.

The bold is the truth.  Like it or not......

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2010, 08:12:21 AM »
Just think about stuff before u come on an Gospel Musician site venting CRAP!!!!

...agreed!  LMBO
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up