LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to know the real reason why musicans need top pay at a church?  (Read 47696 times)

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

Re: I want to know the real reason why musicans need top pay at a church?
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 07:34:19 AM »
That's cool.I hear eveybody in here but yall are still running from the question I asked earlier.You can sit there and talk trash about small churches and the ways they are now.I really don't think that theses MEGA churches didnt start like they are now.They started small.They went thru the same thing we are doing today.I can bet you they asked the same question back then.I don't know if this true or not but Most Mega churches don't even pay there musicans.I heard they tell them since God bless you to learn this craft then you can bless us with your talent.Thats why they come and Rape the small churches out there money.I been playing for some time and the pastor called me in one day and said "Why don't you charge a fee."I told them I do this for the love not the money.That's when they blessed me with a fee.Like I said THERE IS NO PROBLEM paying a piano players fee.Why so much.And before you comment Again"You college grads".Read the structure of the service.2 HOURS ON SUNDAY 11AM TO 1PM THEN 1 HOURS ON SAT FOR REHERSAL.I could even understan if we had 2 or 3 services a day but 1 service.I had a person tell me" you have to sacrfice to get what you want"Okay explain to me the sacrfice that Jesus did for us on the cross HUH!!! or that is some bibical talk that don't mean nothing.Come on!!!

Come on dude. Now you know good and well that don't know MEGA churchs have free musicians...That's the biggest load of cow pie I've ever heard..."Rape the struggling and do right by those who have more than enough"...You have musicians mixed up with republicans. lmbo. And as far as the structure of your service is concerned...That's many churches same working hours for a musician...But regarless of the time you stay in church...A real musicians worthy of good pay still takes home the material, and practice it on their down time...Unless you want a musician to learn the stuff when the choir learns it and then never listens to it again. But hey if you're cool with mediocrity then do what you do, just don't complain about it, because that's what your paid for (or didnt) in the end...

"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

MoeDeep1

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »
Thank you for all your info about this topic.Just wanted to hear from some musicans on the subject. No tears, no griping.I just asked a small question that is hitting some soft spots on here.It Aint that Serious!!! I just ask the question"WHY"So I think Im going to End this before somebody loses there mind.LMBO!!!!! ;)Happy New Years to all.Be Bless!

Offline QCdrummer

• LGM Member
  • "Yo Grandad! Buy me some Vic Firths!"

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Moe,
don't take anything personal on here from anybody. If we all agreed on everything this board would be boring. People come on here all the time asking why musicians need to get paid alot and sometimes people ginuinly (sp?) don't know. For a keyboardist, and for a small church (even one that just opened yesterday) 1 rehearsal PLUS 1 Sunday service = $100+. That is the going rate. And $100 probably won't even get you an advanced player. This is normal and has been for some time. Who set this rate? I don't know. Why did they set it at this rate? I don't know. If you want to freely give your time and dedication you your church. Then you should do so. And since you believe in sacrifice, maybe you should sacrifice the money given to you and add it on to the keyboard player's check. But you can't expect others to think and do the same way you think and do.

So we're just trying to help you understand why it is what it is.

Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
I feel you But lets keep it real.We are talking about Small churches.Not Dollar or Jakes.I to do the same playing at least 5 times a day and 4 to 5 times a week myself.I would be there now but I had to put this out.4 life I feel you man.Keep jammin
I'd Have to agree with Mo deep I am north of the Dallas Area
You have Big churches lined up along the Highway, Potters House, Full Gospel, Friendship-West, Greater Harvest the list goes on to name the Bigger churches, in the Area.  These churches are bringing in a congregation of any where from 1500 or 10,000 or more, now for the small churches but growing with steady progression like the church i attend is at 200 maxed.  Mind you some of the members are well to business owners in the church but yet i am still earning at 50 a week.  But make a steady side change along with a regular job i play for local bands and church events, and I also give lessons. Now what your talking about if I was gifted as most the members in LGM and attending a TD jakes size church, I think $50 bucks a week would be an insult especially if your worldly televised, multi services, Top named recording artist and musicians commute on a regular basis, I think I would do my self injustice.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 01:05:54 PM »
Just for the record, "big money" is a blessing from God.

And for the record, you can receive [other] blessings from God in addition to receiving big money.

You don't have to choose.

And this is coming from someone who is, and has been for the past umpteen years, the member of a "small church." I'm a consultant for start-up churches, so I'm quite familiar with the woes of building ministry with limited funds, trying to find reliable, skilled and committed musicians, and all that.  Yeah, I get it.  It all comes down to priorities. I've seen start-up pastors pay $350-$400 for an organist and $150 for a drummer. I have a client now who is less than a year old and pays $1000/wk to his music department. None of them can usually afford to pay out like that comfortably, but they value good music, so they make sacrifices. That "small church" bit is an excuse. People spend money on what they value.

You have plenty of good advice, so at this point, you're just griping, not looking for answers. I mean, that's cool. We all get in gripe mode from time to time. I'm just pointing it out in case you didn't realize it. If you don't like going through all that, train a kid to play or teach yourself, or find a HS or college student who's willing to play for peanuts or *ahem* blessings.

And for crying out loud, don't expect (or demand, which is closer to what you're trying to do) others to do what you do. I work very hard in ministry. In fact, I can't think of a time that I didn't put more hours into ministry than I do into my day job. But because I work primarily with small and start-up churches, I can't think of a time that I've been adequately compensated for my services, either. I do what I do for the love of the work/ministry, and to have another stream of income. But, I don't knock those that make big bucks working in church administration. That's their ministry, this is mine. To each his own. Can you be okay with that?
Very well put La Rue!!!!

How about a "solution" to the "real issue"---the "we are a small church" mentality.Unless your congregation is on a desert island that only has 50 people;get out into the community and SAVE some SOULS who will come to your church and it won't be a"lil" church NO MORE.!!!!!!!You want to BE served;why NOT DO like JESUS said"be servants,save some lost folks".

In words of a great evangelist" get OFF you blessed assurances,out of the pews ,and INTO the community";be THE "blessing",instead of standing there with your hand out;ever read where it's better to GIVE than receive?

Sounds like you want to be riding high(like the TD's,etc.)just too sad and lazy to DO THE work;btw-it's called covetting,last time I looked it's a sin!
Moe,
don't take anything personal on here from anybody. If we all agreed on everything this board would be boring. People come on here all the time asking why musicians need to get paid alot and sometimes people ginuinly (sp?) don't know. For a keyboardist, and for a small church (even one that just opened yesterday) 1 rehearsal PLUS 1 Sunday service = $100+. That is the going rate. And $100 probably won't even get you an advanced player. This is normal and has been for some time. Who set this rate? I don't know. Why did they set it at this rate? I don't know. If you want to freely give your time and dedication you your church. Then you should do so. And since you believe in sacrifice, maybe you should sacrifice the money given to you and add it on to the keyboard player's check. But you can't expect others to think and do the same way you think and do.

So we're just trying to help you understand why it is what it is.

Quoted for emphasis.

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 09:08:17 AM »
Woowwww.......Is this guy serious?? Aye Moe Deep1, you are joking right?? Oh okay...........whewwww ROFL!!! For a minute I thought you were serious dude!!!!

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
You're new here aren't you?
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2010, 06:26:11 PM »
1. No introductory post
2. No sense of grammar, punctuation or spelling.
3. Assumes we've all been his internet friends for the longest time
4. Tries to start an argument
5. Tries to cover said argument by saying "its not that deep" (when it was deep enough for him to post about in the first place) ::)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's been a lurker for a long time. He has all the signs...

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »
1. No introductory post
2. No sense of grammar, punctuation or spelling.
3. Assumes we've all been his internet friends for the longest time
4. Tries to start an argument
5. Tries to cover said argument by saying "its not that deep" (when it was deep enough for him to post about in the first place) ::)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's been a lurker for a long time. He has all the signs...

MoeDeep1

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 08:29:34 AM »
Once again i said it was thru just wanted some feed back on the subject!! (however i see a hurt dog will bark) reading ur profiles Mr troll man ur 13 yrs old and under thirteen aka hustler (go get ur head in a book so u can figure out how to dodge the next Jam master J bullet) dude from Nashville Tn 40yrs old and quite behind right or still trying to see if you got it ;)...All im going to say is ya'll got blessings mixed up with business proposals a blessing comes to you and goes out to others for free without asking, without discussing, with prayer, or the prayer of others for someone else...most of you LURKED upon which church you would choose to be payed to play at (and before anyone say something such as i was asked at my home church to play or my main church THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR YOU BROTHER AND SISTERS IN CHRIST!!!! this is for the ones who couldn't answer a simple question and give some positve feed back, this is for the ones who felt i stabbed them by a simple question i asked THINKING i was gonna get some feed back from Real Man of GOD but obviously they r the LURKERS, ya see i can take critisism when put in a GODLY manner,  However this i see is nothing but some myspace crap..not GODLY at all so waste ur time replying if need be (again a hurt dog will bark RUFF RUFF :o but im not gonna stress myself over a 13yrold (troll doll) so typical of a child, Thanks Qc drummer i understand ur point of view and have already done that before as well i have taken half of my check and blessed the keyboard player..(Now i can truly say the Lord is in your spirit just from the way you put it) Thanks..and im pretty done with this webpage as far as questions r concerned for out of ALL the responses QC drummer urs was the only one that made sense without the instigating or RUDE demeanor...that im sorry and this is MY OPINION..is nothing nowhere near as to GODLY and for a minute i was sucked in to retaliate feeling backed up against a wall and for WHAT..folks that have obviously got it all twisted you see i understand that for some folks money is the ruler of all things so they forget and show how they do not read there Bible daily its shows through there words and actions such as the negative responce i so abundantly received from one sentance with a question mark...so sad...now people r turning business proposals in the church into Blessings (which in many cases can be) but not exactly always either there is a word called GREED....well nice chatting with the negatives in America and out of America but time for me to leave and go to work (a job which GOD has Blesssed me with a LONG time ago) and then i will come home to my house my wife and kids another blessing for which GOD has blessed me with and then i will meet with my Choir that my wife also runs and practice for Sunday happily :) believe that...will not be responding no longer to the BLIND GOOD DAY YA"LL STAY BLESSED and hurry up and get right with GOD and do it now...Get right with GOD he will show you how!!!!!!! to finally open ur :o

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »
Once again i said it was thru just wanted some feed back on the subject!! (however i see a hurt dog will bark) reading ur profiles Mr troll man ur 13 yrs old and under thirteen aka hustler (go get ur head in a book so u can figure out how to dodge the next Jam master J bullet) dude from Nashville Tn 40yrs old and quite behind right or still trying to see if you got it ;)...All im going to say is ya'll got blessings mixed up with business proposals a blessing comes to you and goes out to others for free without asking, without discussing, with prayer, or the prayer of others for someone else...most of you LURKED upon which church you would choose to be payed to play at (and before anyone say something such as i was asked at my home church to play or my main church THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR YOU BROTHER AND SISTERS IN CHRIST!!!! this is for the ones who couldn't answer a simple question and give some positve feed back, this is for the ones who felt i stabbed them by a simple question i asked THINKING i was gonna get some feed back from Real Man of GOD but obviously they r the LURKERS, ya see i can take critisism when put in a GODLY manner,  However this i see is nothing but some myspace crap..not GODLY at all so waste ur time replying if need be (again a hurt dog will bark RUFF RUFF :o but im not gonna stress myself over a 13yrold (troll doll) so typical of a child, Thanks Qc drummer i understand ur point of view and have already done that before as well i have taken half of my check and blessed the keyboard player..(Now i can truly say the Lord is in your spirit just from the way you put it) Thanks..and im pretty done with this webpage as far as questions r concerned for out of ALL the responses QC drummer urs was the only one that made sense without the instigating or RUDE demeanor...that im sorry and this is MY OPINION..is nothing nowhere near as to GODLY and for a minute i was sucked in to retaliate feeling backed up against a wall and for WHAT..folks that have obviously got it all twisted you see i understand that for some folks money is the ruler of all things so they forget and show how they do not read there Bible daily its shows through there words and actions such as the negative responce i so abundantly received from one sentance with a question mark...so sad...now people r turning business proposals in the church into Blessings (which in many cases can be) but not exactly always either there is a word called GREED....well nice chatting with the negatives in America and out of America but time for me to leave and go to work (a job which GOD has Blesssed me with a LONG time ago) and then i will come home to my house my wife and kids another blessing for which GOD has blessed me with and then i will meet with my Choir that my wife also runs and practice for Sunday happily :) believe that...will not be responding no longer to the BLIND GOOD DAY YA"LL STAY BLESSED and hurry up and get right with GOD and do it now...Get right with GOD he will show you how!!!!!!! to finally open ur :o

I may be 13 but at least I can write on a college level, unlike yourself.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 12:21:42 PM »

I noticed you didn't have a profile pic so I found one that looks and acts just like you!  Enjoy and remember, no scooby snacks while working on the computer.  :)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 12:23:25 PM »
LOL!!! Hotsticks you a fool!  :D

Anywho...I'm in the same situation with joining a small church.  I'm in a small town with little guitarists, so i'm in high demand (not to sound cocky). But I NEVER asked a church for money, they just gave it.  I think the only time I would prolly ask for compensation is if the church is requiring that I attend and play at 4 or more services a week.

Although I never asked for money, I still agree that if you want quality musicians you better be able to compensate them.  They trained, practiced and studied for years!!!

lol!!! these threads never get old.

P.S.: Is that you Rown? Still stirring up trouble on LGM?  :D  Same sentence structure and everything!  :D you're kinda easy to spot bruh ;)

rown => ubc_rown => MoeDeep1

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »
LOL!  D.O.D- Where did you get that pic!? I'mma call you soon fam!  ;D ;D

Offline Da_Drumma

• LGM Member
    • Da' Drumma on Myspace

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
Dude its okay....truth being told, I use to think just like you, and the fam on here are witness to that. Truthfully I have never been paid by a church, yeah I have received love offerings, but I never been on salary. But there comes a point when enough is enough. Half these pastors out here could give a flying fling about you. First of all their #1 priority is suppose to be ministry. If a pastor sees me or hears me play, approaches me, and ask me to be a part of their music ministry, my first question would be "How much are you paying??" Why?? Because first off, you didn't show any interest in my well being as a christian, heck you don't even know if I even have a relationship with God. The fact is you saw my skills on the set, and you thought it would help grow your minitsry. If you would've never saw me blaze the kit I wonder if would've ever even approach me. Time is out for that!! If all you want me for is for what I can offer, then that's all I want you for!!! Truth is I have 4 kids, a wife, and a full-time job. I just recently started bass, and my success in four months has been un-imaginable. I come hhome everyday putting my head in the books, studying theory, studying technique, going over scale after scale, chord after chord EVERYDAY!!! The funny thing about is I didn't understand the point in that stuff until I came on LGM!! Now I can use all I've learned on here for Gods glory. We put hard work into our gift on here, we share idease on here, we give ideas, give advice, heck we even argue and cut each others throat on here....but I gurantee you one thing, it has all helped us for the Good. I gurantee people that have been dedicated here are way better, more knowledgable, and more mature in their gift than when they started here. That's priceless dude!!! And for what for some church to take it for granted?? Yeah right!!! Don't get me wrong I may end up playing at another for free, but you best believe there gonna want me for my person, and my spirit, before my musicianship!!!

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Dude its okay....truth being told, I use to think just like you, and the fam on here are witness to that. Truthfully I have never been paid by a church, yeah I have received love offerings, but I never been on salary. But there comes a point when enough is enough. Half these pastors out here could give a flying fling about you. First of all their #1 priority is suppose to be ministry. If a pastor sees me or hears me play, approaches me, and ask me to be a part of their music ministry, my first question would be "How much are you paying??" Why?? Because first off, you didn't show any interest in my well being as a christian, heck you don't even know if I even have a relationship with God. The fact is you saw my skills on the set, and you thought it would help grow your minitsry. If you would've never saw me blaze the kit I wonder if would've ever even approach me. Time is out for that!! If all you want me for is for what I can offer, then that's all I want you for!!! Truth is I have 4 kids, a wife, and a full-time job. I just recently started bass, and my success in four months has been un-imaginable. I come hhome everyday putting my head in the books, studying theory, studying technique, going over scale after scale, chord after chord EVERYDAY!!! The funny thing about is I didn't understand the point in that stuff until I came on LGM!! Now I can use all I've learned on here for Gods glory. We put hard work into our gift on here, we share idease on here, we give ideas, give advice, heck we even argue and cut each others throat on here....but I gurantee you one thing, it has all helped us for the Good. I gurantee people that have been dedicated here are way better, more knowledgable, and more mature in their gift than when they started here. That's priceless dude!!! And for what for some church to take it for granted?? Yeah right!!! Don't get me wrong I may end up playing at another for free, but you best believe there gonna want me for my person, and my spirit, before my musicianship!!!

I like the way you said the bold stuff.  I wonder about that too...

Offline Steelpulz

• LGM Member
    • gospelbassmusic

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 02:48:01 PM »
+1
Conklin GTBD-7, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Glasstone Lil G2, Holy Bible

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »

LOL  :D

My question is, why do small churches always go after quality musicians with the "we're a small church" speech.  If a small church really sees the value in having quality musicians, then that church should take their business plan and their stupid and pathetic "we're a small church" speech to the bank and get a loan.  LOL at small churches who get mad cause they cant afford quality musicians.  Get your weight up.  Get your estate up.  Steal other people's church members.  Have offering sheds.  Tell lies.  Make people feel good.  Hoop and hollar.  Crafty new year's slogans.  Poison communion juice with a money giving serum.  I dont care what you do SMALL CHURCH.  Just get that bread and stop being ridiculous.  ***mumbles under breath***...small church... 

Funny but true. If the church wants quality musicians with no to little pay then raise them up themselves then. Professional musicians want the money. Maybe God will tell one to go to a certain church to help out the ministry and God may tell the individual to do it for free to humble him(maybe too arrogant or whatever), etc. How i see it.

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 04:04:42 PM »
I may be 13 but at least I can write on a college level, unlike yourself.

SNAP!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 04:13:40 PM »
Once again i said it was thru just wanted some feed back on the subject!! (however i see a hurt dog will bark) reading ur profiles Mr troll man ur 13 yrs old and under thirteen aka hustler (go get ur head in a book so u can figure out how to dodge the next Jam master J bullet) dude from Nashville Tn 40yrs old and quite behind right or still trying to see if you got it ;)...

Yeah man, you sound real godly right now. ::)

All im going to say is ya'll got blessings mixed up with business proposals a blessing comes to you and goes out to others for free without asking, without discussing, with prayer, or the prayer of others for someone else...

Blessings come in all different forms, but okay.  If you ever get between jobs and someone wants to "hire" you for free consider it a blessing.  :)  If you really think this you should refuse the $50 you get.  How dare you expect someone to play for free and you steady getting paid!  If you were getting paid $200 a service I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining nor would you give it back.  Anyone who gets into this without discussing is a fool.  Why would you take on a responsibility, whether you get paid for it or not, and not discuss the terms? 

Why wouldn't them getting paid be a blessing to others?  If they get paid they'd tithe (do you even tithe your $50?) which would help the church.  Then, if they have a family, the money can help keep their family up (and your family is your ministry).  When the family is taken care of that family can go out and be a blessing to people, even the people in the church.  So now you've gone from one person blessing and entire congregation to, maybe, 5 people blessing the neighborhood because their stuff is being taken care of.  Maybe this person is trying to get into music professional, produce their own music, and whatnot.  They could end up producing for a gospel artist(s) that turn around and bless an entire nation with their music.

most of you LURKED upon which church you would choose to be payed to play at (and before anyone say something such as i was asked at my home church to play or my main church THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR YOU BROTHER AND SISTERS IN CHRIST!!!! this is for the ones who couldn't answer a simple question and give some positve feed back, this is for the ones who felt i stabbed them by a simple question i asked THINKING i was gonna get some feed back from Real Man of GOD but obviously they r the LURKERS,

Why wouldn't you make sure the church is somewhere God wants you to be before you get on board?  Why would you accept the first offer of you don't know what that church is like?  Even when one goes searching for a worldy job they ask employees or search online about what it's like working there.  And how dare you try to judge somebody's salvation!  Most of it was godly feedback.  You're just mad because only one person in this entire thread agrees with you!  If you don't want someones opinion on a matter DON'T ASK!  You have to realize that different people will have different views of the same situation and whenever you ask for someone's advice on a situation you have to be ready for that.  You can take the advice we gave, or leave it but don't go around acting ungodly because you're made that barely anyone agrees with you.

ya see i can take critisism when put in a GODLY manner,  However this i see is nothing but some myspace crap..not GODLY at all so waste ur time replying if need be (again a hurt dog will bark RUFF RUFF :o but im not gonna stress myself over a 13yrold (troll doll) so typical of a child,

Please examine yourself.  You're calling everyone a hurt dog, yet this is the second or third time you've replied to this thread after you said you were done, making fun of people, and telling them they're exhibiting the very qualities you show through your posts.

Thanks..and im pretty done with this webpage as far as questions r concerned for out of ALL the responses QC drummer urs was the only one that made sense without the instigating or RUDE demeanor...that im sorry and this is MY OPINION..is nothing nowhere near as to GODLY and for a minute i was sucked in to retaliate feeling backed up against a wall and for WHAT..folks that have obviously got it all twisted you see i understand that for some folks money is the ruler of all things so they forget and show how they do not read there Bible daily its shows through there words and actions such as the negative responce i so abundantly received from one sentance with a question mark...so sad...now people r turning business proposals in the church into Blessings (which in many cases can be) but not exactly always either there is a word called GREED....well nice chatting with the negatives in America and out of America but time for me to leave and go to work (a job which GOD has Blesssed me with a LONG time ago) and then i will come home to my house my wife and kids another blessing for which GOD has blessed me with and then i will meet with my Choir that my wife also runs and practice for Sunday happily :) believe that...will not be responding no longer to the BLIND GOOD DAY YA"LL STAY BLESSED and hurry up and get right with GOD and do it now...Get right with GOD he will show you how!!!!!!! to finally open ur :o

You were sucked into retaliating?  So you mean to tell me you let a bunch of total strangers dictate how you act?  Doesn't 2 Timothy 1:7  Say that God gave us the spirit of power, love and self control yet we MADE you come here and do what you did?  No, you chose this.  The fact that you think a bunch of strangers sucked you into being ungodly shows that you are not using the self control our Creator gave you!  The fact that your first reaction to people who don't agree with you is to call them names shows that you're not using the love God gave you.  The Bible talks about hypocritical judgment in Matthew 7:1-5.  Though out every post you made (except, maybe, your original post) you have made hypocritical judgments, something that God doesn't want use to do.   Think about it.

It's a pretty high charge to say that someone serves money.  For someone to serve money that means everything they do revolves around getting more money.  Someone who's greedy is someone who tries to attain more than they need.  Unless you have your nose all up in their finances how do you know what they need and don't need?  Believe it or not there are people who make their living from being a musician.  The only income they get is from playing/making music.  If you don't want to pay them, fine.  They'll just go somewhere else and you'll keep looking.  You never said if you audition these people.  You make it seem as if you hear them, you ask them to play, don't discuss anything, and then there's arguments about payment.  Maybe your method is wrong, but nobody can help you with that because you won't say and you won't take into account that you just might be wrong.

...and when you decide to break your silence and talk to us "blind" folk again we'll be here.  :)

(P.S:  If you're seriously considering raising up someone in your church to be a musician there are TONS of already made threads on this site that will help them play very well.  People on this site have boasted having their playing get better in the span of 3-4 years because of this site.  You won't even have to talk to use because everything's already here.  Just sayin'...)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up