LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to know the real reason why musicans need top pay at a church?  (Read 47688 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: I want to know the real reason why musicans need top pay at a church?
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2010, 11:33:21 AM »
To sum it up in a nut shell!!!!

The reason quality musicians expect good pay is b/c they 1st of all be at the church more than the Pastor does and has way more responsibilities than da Pastor.... It's just so happen that he has the most important part and that's bringing the word.He don't have to really do nuthing but hear from the Lord. Musicians gotta Learn songs,get instruments,set up equipment,go to 3 different rehearsals and prolly be at bible study also,and so on... Just think about stuff before u come on an Gospel Musician site venting CRAP!!!!

If a preacher gift is to preach then why is he not preaching for free then and working an part-time job if it's God giving.... And dude,ur getting screwed if ur using your gift for free.... Oh,my bad, getting used for free.... All dat hard work for nuthing.... Pityful Doc!!!!

I'm praying for u and your wallet to be healed!!!!

Ok, this is hilarious. I've been following this thread (and loving the discussion, by the way) and since someone else mentioned looking at your profile, I decided to take a look myself.

How about this: I know your pastor (Donald)! LOL!!! And I know his brother, YOUR BISHOP, Dr. Anthony Chavers, who pastors Eden Christian Center in Stockbridge. My good friend used to lead P&W there. I've met him and his wife (and their beautiful daughter, baby Eden)... we even had dinner together after I went to church there once. I also know his godson, who is a good friend of mine as well.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should tell him what you think about his role as pastor. LOL!!!  He can't possibly know that his drummer thinks his role is more important than his... lol. :D :D :D :D

HILARIOUS! What a small world. Watch what you say online, darlin.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2010, 12:42:11 PM »
...in other words, "Ooooohhh.....she's gon' tell Bishop!"  lol

Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2010, 12:50:56 PM »
Just watch what you say online...you never know who's reading....

;)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »
Ok, this is hilarious. I've been following this thread (and loving the discussion, by the way) and since someone else mentioned looking at your profile, I decided to take a look myself.

How about this: I know your pastor (Donald)! LOL!!! And I know his brother, YOUR BISHOP, Dr. Anthony Chavers, who pastors Eden Christian Center in Stockbridge. My good friend used to lead P&W there. I've met him and his wife (and their beautiful daughter, baby Eden)... we even had dinner together after I went to church there once. I also know his godson, who is a good friend of mine as well.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should tell him what you think about his role as pastor. LOL!!!  He can't possibly know that his drummer thinks his role is more important than his... lol. :D :D :D :D

HILARIOUS! What a small world. Watch what you say online, darlin.

To sum it up in a nut shell!!!!

The reason quality musicians expect good pay is b/c they 1st of all be at the church more than the Pastor does and has way more responsibilities than da Pastor.... It's just so happen that he has the most important part and that's bringing the word.He don't have to really do nuthing but hear from the Lord. Musicians gotta Learn songs,get instruments,set up equipment,go to 3 different rehearsals and prolly be at bible study also,and so on... Just think about stuff before u come on an Gospel Musician site venting CRAP!!!!

If a preacher gift is to preach then why is he not preaching for free then and working an part-time job if it's God giving.... And dude,ur getting screwed if ur using your gift for free.... Oh,my bad, getting used for free.... All dat hard work for nuthing.... Pityful Doc!!!!

I'm praying for u and your wallet to be healed!!!!

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
Watch what you say online, darlin.

yeap

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2010, 01:59:35 PM »
:D :D :D Rue knows EVERYBODY!  :D :D :D

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

Offline L.V.Drumma

• LGM Member

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2010, 08:30:26 AM »
Just as an update *giggle* I decided not to be messy... I figure this is pretty good blackmail material, so I'll just keep it in my back pocket for now.  :D :D :D :D (j/k)

Seriously, I did ask Derrick (Bishop's godson) and Warren (Bishop's assistant and former P&W leader) if they knew you (got your name from one of your older posts) and they both do.  :)  I told them I made your acquaintance and left it at that. *shrug*

This was still pretty funny to me.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2010, 11:09:48 AM »
Hey, um, Rue?  Would you happen to know anybody in North Philly, Darby, Yeadon, or South Philly?  ::)

Offline A sponge

• LGM Member

« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2010, 11:16:18 AM »
That boy Donald too quiet right now.........

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »
Note to self:  Watch what you say round Rue!
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
Hey, um, Rue?  Would you happen to know anybody in North Philly, Darby, Yeadon, or South Philly?  ::)

yes, no, no, and yes. I used to work in Philly (not to mention, North, Central and South Jersey).  ;D

Note to self:  Watch what you say round Rue!

:D :D :D :D :D

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »
LoL, Rue does indeed know everybody in the church business.

And I've been waiting to use that pic for a looong time :D

Offline RGASKIN

• LGM Member
  • An muscian ready to explore !!!!

« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2010, 02:05:03 PM »
Ok LaRue and the rest of the LGM drummers.... I just re-read it and i see why u guys think i came off dat way.... My B.... Bad typing.... I was meaning as far as time at da ministry for and musicians at the church is more hours than sum pastors... I didn't say dat the pastors job wasn't important than a musician.... Did I??? And don't question the way i feel about my Pastor and Bishop b/c i love them dearly and they are Great men of God....

The dude dat brought up da whole subject just made it seem like professional musician shudn't deserve pay.... And i'll tell and show my Pastor and bishop exactly what i said and they'll ask the question before they assume.... But it's all gud... Hope y'all got my point and hold it down...

For the non-understanding(PASTORS AND THERE JOBS ARE MORE IMPORTANT,BUT THE MUSICIANS WORK ALSO) Das all i'm trying to say... Thanx LaRue for helping me clear that up.... No luv lost LGM fam
- Drum Ducer

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »
...Woohaa, Rue got you all in check. lol
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »
...Woohaa, Rue got you all in check. lol

:D :D :D :D

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline cordney

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • We will meet again!!!

« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2010, 06:44:24 AM »

:D :D :D :D

SJon, I love your signature!  Actually, your signature and Nessa are my fav!  I know this was completely irrevalent.
‎"It is okay to fail, it is unacceptable to become a failure"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up