LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Gospel Classical Mix  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

The Gospel Classical Mix
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:27:03 AM »
Morgan State Univ. Choir - Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Like it?
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

Re: The Gospel Classical Mix
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:13:46 AM »
Nice!

I think it would be the biggest challenge for the orchestra when she was singing verse #2 and not doing it to a steady beat.  At that point the conductor has to follow her timing and still keep all of the musicians together.  Good work.

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »
Nice!

I think it would be the biggest challenge for the orchestra when she was singing verse #2 and not doing it to a steady beat.  At that point the conductor has to follow her timing and still keep all of the musicians together.  Good work.
Shouldnt she be following the conductor.  :D I posted the video because I wanted to see if I was the only one slightly annoyed. lol I felt she was doing to much adlibing or either trying too hard. I've seen others mix the two. Just seem to clash from the over all performance.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Shouldnt she be following the conductor.  :D I posted the video because I wanted to see if I was the only one slightly annoyed. lol I felt she was doing to much adlibing or either trying too hard. I've seen others mix the two. Just seem to clash from the over all performance.

I figured that they were trying to bring the church-y "ad-lib the dickens out of it" style to the university concert hall.  Which would mean that the orchestra has to do what church musicians do all the time, follow the lead singer wherever she goes.  She was restrained compared to some of the singers I've had to play for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up