Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010!!  (Read 1884 times)

Offline ldr1971

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

2010!!
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
What new songs are you preparing for the new year?  Praise Team?  Choir?

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

Re: 2010!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 08:52:09 AM »
ARE MASS CHOIR SUPPOSE 2 LEARN ROYALTY BY BYRON CAGE
Shannon moore

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »
What we're working on right now is "He's Done Enough".  A pretty easy song, but a challenge for us because none of our members are used to doing that kind of lead singing.  So we're working on our lead singer to help her lead it with confidence.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »
Joan, what are your tips on developing lead singers for Gospel Choirs?

Offline JoanHall

• LGM Member
    • My gospel choir web pages

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:40:16 PM »
Joan, what are your tips on developing lead singers for Gospel Choirs?

Wow, I don't know if I really have any.  What we're doing with this gal is just encouraging her to not worry about whether or not she sounds like Bam Crawford.  She already has singing skills, but she has a more gentle tone than what you would usually expect for that song.  But we're OK with that.

My main strategy with lead singers is to select songs that match the abilities they already have.  I don't have much experience when it comes to broadening their skill set.  I would love to hear what advice other people have on the subject.

Offline 2tight

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
What we're working on right now is "He's Done Enough".  A pretty easy song, but a challenge for us because none of our members are used to doing that kind of lead singing.  So we're working on our lead singer to help her lead it with confidence.
we sing he's done enough. we haven't song that in a couple of months since the leader said the drummer had her beat wrong.
Shannon moore

Offline APsalmist

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 05:39:14 AM »
What we're doing with this gal is just encouraging her to not worry about whether or not she sounds like Bam Crawford.

Yes! That's the best advice. I want the lead singer COMMUNICATE the message using their gift. The recording is simply a guide. If they can execute runs/riffs, we'll use it. But if they need to modify, it's a far better ministry moment. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up