LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ?uestion...  (Read 2386 times)

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

?uestion...
« on: January 11, 2005, 09:35:14 AM »
if ya'll could study under any drummer/musician in the world to better your playing and understanding of music / music theory and overall knowledge of music who would it be? and why?

holla back everyone!

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Hmmm.....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 11:27:45 AM »
Hmmmmm....thats a good question. But I think it would all depend on your goals.  If you want to just be a hobbyist, you can just about learn from anyone but if you are looking to be a pro, it would be an entirely different story.
:)

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

?uestion...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 12:39:33 PM »
YEs!...this question is for the real drummers/musicians who wanna be professional drummers..and learn by professional..not the minister of music at ya church or anything like that..a real "professor" of the art, so to speak.... a world class drummer/musician like Will Kennedy for example.  i hope that makes it more clear... keep tha post comin'...

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

?uestion...
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
If I could study with anyone it would have to be Tony Williams. Although he passed a while back, I would love to be one of his students. I just love the way he approached the drums.

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

?uestion...
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 12:31:13 PM »
i think i would have to go with Antonio Sanchez or Will Kennedy...i would love to study under them. i admire their discilpe and it shows in their playing. ya'll got to check out my man antonio on the moderndrummer dvd... 8O  he is OC

Bobby Mcferrin
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 10:57:44 PM »
I would say Bobby Mcferrin. He is an excellent pianist, vocalist and conductor. He knows the ins and outs of music from jazz to classical. He has worked with many of the greats from Chick Corea to the Yellowjackets. Bobby is a musical genius in every sense of the word. He is the head conductor for the Chicago Symphony and he is equally versed in Jazz, gospel and pop. Because he has worked with so many musicians all over the world, he could tell me what is really important when it comes down to the art of music. He can also tell me the many likes and dislikes of the people who hire musicians and pay well. :D

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

?uestion...
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 11:10:05 PM »
the people i would love to learn from are, dennis chambers, dave weckl, calvin rodgers, chris coleman,  chick corea, jeff tain watts, chris dave. i admire a lot of things in those musicians and i have heard all of them tackle many different styles of music and i would love to sit down with each of them and learn.
Pages: [1]   Go Up