LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yu-GI-OH cards? Kids are dabbeling with the occult!  (Read 17325 times)

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

Re: Yu-GI-OH cards? Kids are dabbeling with the occult!
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »
I played tales of the abyss...pretty good game...the talking scenes were pretty annoying tho'

Hey don't judge us!  :D

HMMM...

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

Offline Adrian_WolfRunner

• LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2012, 05:27:04 AM »
So yes, I made an account just to comment on this. Hear me out before you go dissing what I say if you are as forgiving and understanding as you people make yourselves out to be...

Yu-Gi-Oh over in Japan was NOT for kids. Blame it on your American censoring groups. Yes it is centered around the 'occult'. But as a very open-minded Pagan, I want to voice my opinion on this since people see it fit to voice their opinions towards me about their 'beliefs'.. Here it goes: Not everything 'magic' is evil, nor is it about 'satan worship. Yes, I believe that one should stay FAR away from the realm of summoning anything that is not on THIS plane of existence, good or evil, because once you open a door it is hard to close. Now, on the matter of censoring things like the belly or the upper parts of the breasts, Big deal, not like anything dirty is even showing, unless you would rather dress everyone in turtle necks and skirts that go down to their toes... It would appear that people are very misinformed about certain things, and yu-gi-oh as a 'tool of evil targeting kids' is just plain stupid. It is not in any such way, nor is it trying to teach kids about my peoples' ways. What I say is, relax, do not take it so serious, we 'heathon barbarians (lol by the way, been called this)' are not trying to convert your kids or anything. Not everything with the slightest reference towards the 'occult' is evil or should be shunned.

~WolfRunner.

Offline dingster1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • DINGTHING

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2012, 06:04:38 AM »
Soo..you made an account on a GOSPEL music site to make a comment on a 2 YEAR OLD THREAD???!!!! ?/? ?/? ?/? ?/?

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2012, 09:00:01 AM »
excellent troll!

• LGM Member

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »
@dingster1-
No, I have been told i lack a verbal filter, i saw the post and wanted to respond, whether anyone gave a **** about my view or not. Who knows, I thought I should voice my opinion on the matter and maybe it would get to atleast one or two peoples' ears and help understand.

@phbrown-
Not Trolling at all, I would have mentioned I am queer too :P. I was being genuine in my thoughts. A Pagan is allowed to branch out isnt he XP. It was not meant to offend anyone in any churches, meerly explain what the actual 'occult' principle behind it is and hopefully help people understand more (as mentioned above).

~WolfRunner

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »
ok, cool and sorry about mislabeling you as a troll we tend to get a lot of those around here.

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2012, 08:15:55 PM »
Ok, I gotta axe.

What made you peruse a Gospel music forum, mr. Wolfdude? really.

• LGM Member

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2012, 11:01:35 PM »
@phbrown-
   No worries, I can understand that, if you get pagans trolling on these things, trust me, they are far from pagan, we try to not go around attacking other people because of their beliefs :/. Just some claiming to know the faith really are just using it for their own benefits. I can understand completely, I have seen plenty from all 'faiths' trolling others simply because they can. I have plenty of friends who go to church, and I would never clump all worshipers of churches based on a few.

@THE WOLFMAN-
  Youtube video about Occult-based games lead me to search google that lead me here... I do that a lot, random searches. I like to learn and explore :P.

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2012, 11:27:47 PM »
<insert spock eyebrow here> Fascinating. I can dig it.

(you should check out Stumbleupon, great for random surfing)

• LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »
@THE WOLFMAN-
THank you, I will take a look ^^.

@SketchMan3-
Well, the solution is simple if that is your view- do not let your kids interact with it. The way I see it, when i have a kid I am going to let them 'stretch their legs' and explore what they choose for their belief, but that is just me. The way I see it, they are going to learn about 'symbolism' and 'ideology' of the occult eventually. It is explored in pretty much any format, be it certain passages in the bible that reference certain things, various programs that impliment the ideologic material without fully understanding it and such. It happens whether anyone likes it or not, because you can not be fully sheltered from things, be it my kids, your kids, what have you. I guess only thing I Can recommend is just keep them away from the game / anime if you do not want them exposed to it. They more then likely will not even understand it as an occult referencing anyway.

Sorry if I stepped on toes with my initial post- I am not the best at wording my thoughts.

~WolfRunner

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »
<interesting dialogue, good that it is civil>

Trying to keep kids from anime is near impossible, with much of the game designs stemming from manga/anime styles.

I got into anime when I was young myself,(Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman-1970's)but back then it was hard to find, so the varying subgenres werent as easily accessible. Not to mention there was no interwebs, at least for the public.

From personal experience, one has to be mindful while delving into the realm of anime/manga if there are certain things you dont want to get into.

My ladyfriend at the time (90's) was also into anime, and we went looking for some(WHAT A JOURNEY). We found what we wanted, but also got a hold of some stuff that was shall we say, rather perverse, not knowing what it was. (the Overfiend series....WOW.<O.o>)

That led to other stuff for me where I had to say, "ok wolf, you need to chill...REALLY."

With younger people that are more media savvy than parents, its easy for the parents to have NO CLUE as to what the kids are getting into. They may have heard of "Sonic the Hedgehog" but have no idea what are things like hentai, loli, ecchi, are.
And with media content as accessible as it is, kids can be oversaturated with it.

It boils down to "what is it that you believe, and what governs your moral compass" For most of us on this site, we believe that the spirit world is very real, good and evil,  and it's influence on us is manifested through what we say, do, and for us artsy types, what we create.

We also believe that our 5 senses are 'gates' as it were, and we must be mindful of what we allow to pass through. Some things, for us that adhere to the teachings of the Bible, we gotta be on some Gandalf-type vibe talkin bout "YOOOUU CAN NAHT PAAAASSSS!!!", lol.

And that what a man feeds his spirit the most will dominate their life.

We believe that evil is always seeking a way to "get in," as it were. Whether it be overt, or by subtlety, in gradual doses. What may not work on adults, may work on kids.

I respect your decision to choose to be a pagan, as you are a free will, sentient being. A man must do what is right for them, provided it does not interfere with the free will or right of another. Wolfy's belief is that there are things in the world that I must guard myself and my house against that does not agree with the tenets of the writings in the Bible. And that may mean looking at some thing such as Yu-Gi-Oh, and determining that it is not appropriate for my child.

And I still like anime.

Preferably the Feudal Japan or Mecha stuff.

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2012, 12:18:47 PM »
and this is a WONDERFUL discourse, BTW.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up