LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow... how things have changed...  (Read 598 times)

Offline SavnBass

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Saved by GRACE .. Bass by choice

Wow... how things have changed...
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:45:47 PM »
Tonight I went into a studio with our bone man, Mamabear and some of the other band members and laid down the bass track for a demo we are doing... real simple... mostly 1/4 notes to "I am a friend of GOD" .. but it was so wild to me... because the last time i had been in a studio setting playing bass was with a band I used to play with in the 70s called Free Spirits in N.Y. Back then it was a Teac R2R @ $35 an hour.. This was free on a MAC.. We also did some vocals.. Our church did 2 choir CDs a few years back.. but this was different.. The technology has sure changed..
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: Wow... how things have changed...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:41:38 AM »
it better had. otherwise i've wasted my entire time in school for nothin (and still paying back a wasted large amount of money in student loans)

but thats the direction things have shifted in. so many elements involved. not only does it benefit users to have an easier/faster time developing stuff, its also more profitable for the companies to put relatively inexpensive products in the hands of whoever wants it, than super expensive products in the hands of  a few producers who can afford it. the software industry benefits because companies dont have to make their own full programs, but specialize in add-ons to existing popular platforms. the music industry benefits because it pushes creativity to its max because lesser known creators can produce mainstream material and what gets put out there is no longer dictated by the few. and with tech constantly getting cheaper and faster, it makes this process that much easier.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

Re: Wow... how things have changed...
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
Don't forget about the autotune!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

Can you imagine a singer showing to do a solo and walking over the the piano/keyboard player who is using a transposer and asking

"Where is the autotuner?"

LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up