LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass family pic and new cabs.  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Robear22

• LGM Member

Bass family pic and new cabs.
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »
I got rid of the Lakland and the TBC and picked up a KSD proto-J5 and decided to get the fam together for a pic. Also got rid of the PS410 and got two new PS112 cabs.

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

Re: Bass family pic and new cabs.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
Nice gear man....We have similiar tone preferences consider our rigs (I just got rid of my two 12's and shuttle 6.0 for a PS410, PS210, and shuttle 9.0).

How do you like the PS112's compared to your old PS410?  Also, what kinds of basses are those on the left half of the family photo?

-J

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 02:42:46 PM »
im really liking that cherry one on the end. u have good taste my brother. lol.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline mjl422

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »
I'm liking that Brute.  I got her blond sister.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »
Man, thats some nice arsenal u have. I would like to hear that Brute. You got rid of the two basses I have. I'm getting a Bart preamp, put in the TBC. Can't get rid of it, the tone & the feel is just to good. Just had a bad preamp, make that two bad preamps.  Now, the Lakland may be the one to go.

Offline Robear22

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 09:49:37 AM »
Nice gear man....We have similiar tone preferences consider our rigs (I just got rid of my two 12's and shuttle 6.0 for a PS410, PS210, and shuttle 9.0).

How do you like the PS112's compared to your old PS410?  Also, what kinds of basses are those on the left half of the family photo?

-J

I got rid of the PS410 only for portability reasons. I loved the cab but it was not the easiest to move. The 12's are not as loud but I love the easy transport and function of this rig. If I could afford to keep the 410 I would but I couldn't. The two basses on the left are a Brubaker Brute MJX-5 that I upgraded with Bart pickups and Aguilar pre. The other is a Cort/Elrick RB5 that I put all Bart electronics in.

Offline ssabass

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
Robear22, which set up do you prefer. The all bart or the bart/aguilar. A few players have told me, I should go with an Aguilar preamp, instead of the Bartolini, for my TBC.   

Offline Robear22

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 07:13:20 AM »
If you want more warmth and boost from your pre go with the Aguilar. A little goes a long way especially with the bass boost. The Bart is good but I prefer the Aggie because it gives me what I want. It brings the boom while giving you clear highs. Three of my basses have Aggie OBP-3 preamps and I wouldn't have it any different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up