LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing by being led by the spirit  (Read 2448 times)

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

Playing by being led by the spirit
« on: January 17, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »
this is my 2nd topic I am not that dynamic of a drummer i am more in pocket and spirit led, but recently when I try to lead a drive that I know that will fit what the song or songs are accompanying rather than changing the arrangement of a song, but seems that the rest of the band is depriving or varying off of another direction.  Any Tips From the Pros?

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

Re: Playing by being led by the spirit
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:52:26 PM »
oh and if any one knows if Nissan Steward comes in every once and a while in LGM?

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »
im not sure of your situation here but if there is an MD or Minister of Music regardless of what you feel should happen your job is to follow their directions and their instructions. Same thing if there is a praise leader you follow them. God is a God of order and you have to stay in order.

Offline JFunky

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Marvin McQuitty jr. (Thank You)

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 08:52:38 AM »
this is my 2nd topic I am not that dynamic of a drummer i am more in pocket and spirit led, but recently when I try to lead a drive that I know that will fit what the song or songs are accompanying rather than changing the arrangement of a song, but seems that the rest of the band is depriving or varying off of another direction.  Any Tips From the Pros?

...as drumz stated and I agree, you should follow your MD and stay in order. 

...Check this out:  Did the rest of the Praise & Worship team (band included) feel the same way?  Is the Praise & Worship team in one accord?  Is the team truly praying and ministering together as a team?  We have to be very careful in executing our "emotions" with what the Spirit really wants for His people assuming that you are talking about a worship setting. 

...there have been many situations that I've heard from my fellow Worship Leaders and minstrels and many that I've experienced personally where we all hear the arrangement and we all go to it and execute it.  That only comes when everyone is in one accord.
Psalms 144.1 - "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
thats the matter majority times when i am at the seat, but do follow the format of the song that is being played, but to answer you question I dont think we are all on one accord

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
Robbin of Drummin,

Please don't be offended by anything I am about to say in writing because, I think that it will help you and others experiencing these types of problems.

People say they play/sing in the Spirit yet they most often don't have a clue about a real spiritual experience, how to set the atmosphere for one to happen, how to avail oneself to be a conduit of one, how to continue to operate in the midst of one. The reason being we are rarely ever taught by those experienced in this area. In the church world there is simply not enough widespread practical teaching on this particularly in the urban church. We won't invest in conferences that do indepth teaching on this like Deeper Level, Deeper, Hillsong United amongst others. Nor due we subscribe to Worship magazines (I did not say Gospel today I said worship magazines), or DVDs instructional DVDs such as found on worshipleader[dot]com. Nor books such as The Power and Purpose of Praise and Worship by Dr. Myles Munroe. Even Secular books like Effortless Mastery or The Inner Game of Music lends more knowledge and wisdom than we tend to receive or pass on on the subject of the real spiritual experience in music.

This lack or gap in teaching and our learning causes Praise Teams, Worship Leaders, Ministers of Music, Ministries in general to be unequally yoked and "not on the same accord". We need to spend time seeking out the wisdom and counsel of those whom really get in there and break up the fallow ground covering the necessary technical aspects and biblical responsibility that supercede denominational and racial bias that permeates today's culture and church culture.

All that said sets up the following points. Yes, be in order. However, and there is a however... should be prepared for the moving of the Holy Spirit and be skillfully prepared to minister to Him. If this means there is a shift in format then those whom are truly in spiritual awareness should know and lead the people down the path. All too often the MOM or P&W leader is not "in place" spiritually and they miss it. It looks like you may be out of order but comes down to a split second judgement by the MOM/P&W leader or Pastor to judge if you are truly being lead by the Holy Spirit or whether to shut you down. Maturity and willingness to surrender as a vessel by all will determine whether the people get properly fed or the Spirit of God be offended and leave.

Do not usurp authority but, seek out knowledge to bring to your leadership to grow the whole unit. As well search yourself to see if you are out of order or simply at the wrong church unit. It is possible that you have outgrown where you are in location or even in position.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline robin of drummin

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:27:09 PM »
well said sab, i did all of aspects above that you have spoken about, this morning, and the experience was so uplifting and GOD showed in the mist, and will continue to strive for better as i understand Gods will, and to continue to better myself in order for the ministry to go forward so that souls may be saved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up