LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Motif S8/Yamaha Portable Grand (Stacked)  (Read 2408 times)

Offline muzikal_minstrel

• LGM Member
    • My Myspace Page

Yamaha Motif S8/Yamaha Portable Grand (Stacked)
« on: February 05, 2010, 03:51:46 PM »
 :( :( :( I NEED a bit of ADVICE on this one... I am currently using a Motif and a Yamaha Portable Grand (stacked), but here's the situation: THE main board, the motif, is running through the house (main sound system) AND the Peavey amp that I use as a monitor; the portable grand is only running through the amplifier, as well as the Motif. The Problem is, I don't like the sound quality of the Peavey amp during church services, at times it tends to sound "rasp," NOT the high quality sound I expect while playing on my Motif board. My QUESTION is, should I get a better AMPLIFIER? If so, what kind would be best for a MOTIF?...  ?/? ?/? ?/?
"God answers kneemail!"

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Re: Yamaha Motif S8/Yamaha Portable Grand (Stacked)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
Have you done the basics on your boards/amps?  Check that you haven't blown the tweeter,check the EQ on the amp,both boards.Does it ONLY sound bad thru THAT amp? Try another amp or thru the house only.

Also,check your volume on the amp/master,channel,overdrive,gain etc.Sometimes you put the wrong kind of funk in by the way you set it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up