LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hottest Gospel Bands?  (Read 754 times)

Offline DHavron

• LGM Member

Hottest Gospel Bands?
« on: February 26, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »
I'm new to church music (well, about a year) and want to hear some good gospel bands. Who are some of the better vocal/instrumental bands with CDs available thru Amazon or other major outlets? Especially with a great keyboard player and even better bassist (natch). Thanks y'all!
Take Me Higher

Offline scbassboi92

• LGM Member

Re: Hottest Gospel Bands?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »
check out the new james fortune album it's entitled ENCORE, or even resting on his promise by Youthful Praise, this should be what you are looking for.
"For we are a chosen generation"

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 08:12:34 AM »
From what I have read here, there are not great bands per se, but certain artists seem to assemble great bands behind them.

Tye Tribbett and Israel and New Breed are two that come to mind.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »
I'm new to church music (well, about a year) and want to hear some good gospel bands. Who are some of the better vocal/instrumental bands with CDs available thru Amazon or other major outlets? Especially with a great keyboard player and even better bassist (natch). Thanks y'all!

Since Tye Tribbett and Israel & The New Breed have already been mentioned, I'll suggest you go back a few years and find some of the Fred Hammond & Radical For Christ CDs with Fred, Terrance Palmer, or Maurice Fitzgerald on bass.  My favorite Fred Hammond CDs are

• The Inner Court
  • Pages of Life ch 1& 2
  • Purpose By Design

Terrance Palmer and Maurice Fitzgerald get around, so also look up their discographies and listen to other artists that they have recorded with.  Same for Andrew Gouche.

I would also suggest almost anything by John P. Kee.  I know there are many many more, but this will give you a good start.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline campdrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »
Melvin Crispell and Testimony, He's Able. Mel on organ, eddie heyward on drums, justin cunningham on bass. A hot cd which nobody seems to know about :(
You can purchase it on cdbaby, itunes, amazon.com. If you do a youtube search you can listen to some songs or watch some videos.

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
YPJ and FVC. just a group of absurdly talented musicians with a very distinct style. If you are looking for chords and bass this is where to be.  Its not typical gospel though. byron cages faithful to believe band is also pretty good.  soundcheck as well.
you got to hear numbers
Pages: [1]   Go Up