LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steps to Full Time Band Member  (Read 750 times)

Offline silkp23

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Wedding Website

Steps to Full Time Band Member
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
Hello LGM family, I have a question:

I have an opportunity to join my worship pastor in pursuing a recording/touring career (I use "pursue" lightly since she is being directed by the Lord in this venture).  The vision is to start out playing a churches, local concerts, international worship conferences, etc. -- but in a few months we'll cut the promo album and from there pursue opening act opportunities.  At this point it's a weekend commitment, but once things really get rolling I will have to make a decision on leaving my job (comfortable corporate job).

That being said, here are my questions:

1. Being led by God in this decision is the no brainer, but what other forms of advice should I seek?
2. Is there a website/forum that speaks to the business side of the christian music industry?
3. Why kind of income should I expect from playing full time (once the band is established and on the radio)?
4. I have a baby on the way, what kind of family challenges should we expect with a traveling? (the wife and kid will travel with us)

If any of you have toured/recorded before, I'd love to have your input.  We can even touch base via phone or email (jasonmarc1@gmail.com)

Thanks, God Bless
**Average cat serving a Great God**
Pages: [1]   Go Up